Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 07-30-2014, 07:00 PM   #1

??21" Renegade Wheel on Vaquero...anyone?

Just wondering if anyone has mounted a 21" Renegade brand wheel on the Vaquero?
If so, were there any special ordering instructions you had to make?
Did you have to buy matching rotors to make it all work?
Did you have to make different spacers for axle so calipers/rotors would work together?
Henry
2011 Vaq

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-31-2014, 03:44 PM   #2

I don't have a renegade brand 21" wheel but I do have another brand 21" on my vaquero. I can tell you it has to be machined specific to your vaquero so make sure they machine wheels specifically for the vaquero. The hubs need to be exact as well as the axle bearings and hole diameter. You will need to do some modifications to make them fit even if they do make it for your bike. You will need to either purchase or make a front fender adapter to move the fender up to fit the larger diameter wheel and tire. You will also need to make sure you get matching rotor that fits the bolt pattern on the wheel hub. Some may machine them to fit you factory rotor, but most likely you don't want a custom wheel with a factory rotor/rotors. You can always buy a bolt on wheel kit from roaring toyz or some others on ebay but then you have something everyone else has. Some companies will also custom make you a wheel but you will have to provide all the specs and you need to be dead on with the measurements you provide them. Hope this helps!

2012 Vaquero
Custom Paint
Billet Long Boards
21" Front Wheel
Metzler 880 Tire
Ride-On Wheel Balancer
Air Bag Suspension
FI2000R EFI Module
Cobra Tri Ovals
Mach 5 Big Air Kit
Infinity Speakers
Alpine Amplifier
ISO Grips w/Spikes
Green LED's as Side Makers (in skulls eyes)

Old 08-01-2014, 10:30 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekogniz1 View Post
I don't have a renegade brand 21" wheel but I do have another brand 21" on my vaquero. I can tell you it has to be machined specific to your vaquero so make sure they machine wheels specifically for the vaquero. The hubs need to be exact as well as the axle bearings and hole diameter. You will need to do some modifications to make them fit even if they do make it for your bike. You will need to either purchase or make a front fender adapter to move the fender up to fit the larger diameter wheel and tire. You will also need to make sure you get matching rotor that fits the bolt pattern on the wheel hub. Some may machine them to fit you factory rotor, but most likely you don't want a custom wheel with a factory rotor/rotors. You can always buy a bolt on wheel kit from roaring toyz or some others on ebay but then you have something everyone else has. Some companies will also custom make you a wheel but you will have to provide all the specs and you need to be dead on with the measurements you provide them. Hope this helps!

dan, really like your wheel...which alpine amp did you go with, gonna be in Colorado last week of the moth denver and the springs...what's good up there?