Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 04-08-2014, 09:08 AM   #1

Am I getting cranky?

So.... in my 45 years of riding scoots I have broken down and been helped by others and helped others while broken down. To me.... this is the basic code we should all follow. I have sold many items and purchased many items bike related but these last 2 transactions have me wondering if I'm just getting cranky.

The first was a Kuryakyn GranTour bag. I spoke with the guy over the phone to make sure it was in nice condition and not badly faded. He said it wasn't faded much and offered to send pics. Well.... since I was paying a premium price and he was a 'minister' I assumed his word was good. How surprising to find a chocolate colored bag that must have been 8 years old at my from door. The clips broke on first use and overall it was just a bad deal given the age.

Yesterday I received a windshield that was 'hardly used' and in great condition. We, too, spoke over the phone and was assured it was what I was looking for. Here it comes.... yep.... scratched and some of the finish had clouded making it unusable. A POS that I can't use. From another brother biker no less.

So.... am I getting cranky and expecting too much or has the brotherhood of motorcyclist changed?

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-08-2014, 09:11 AM   #2

I'd call them back and at least let them know how you feel, I guess some peoples idea of good condition varies a lot.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 04-08-2014, 09:29 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringadingh View Post
I'd call them back and at least let them know how you feel, I guess some peoples idea of good condition varies a lot.
I did notify the first seller (minister) and he didn't think he misrepresented anything. He said he offered to send pictures but I thought his word would be better than pictures. I'm waiting on the second seller to see what he says.

Old 04-08-2014, 10:16 AM   #4
Sr. Contributor

Buy local, shop often.
Gerry Martineau / 802 VT / VBA #0892 /[email]glmjgm@gmail.com[email]

Old 04-08-2014, 12:32 PM   #5

I know on the windshield I am trying to sell it is nearly impossible to get a good pic of the minor scratches it has. I just try to describe it as is. I remember reading on here a while back where one of us got screwed by another member and it was pretty brutal for that guy. I honestly feel like all of the things I have bought and sold on here have been spot on except the shield... the seller assured me it would fit my bike and of course it does not. No problem, just a lesson learned. It's easy to get frustrated but you're not cranky, just fed up like the rest of us.

David Hollinger
2002 Beige 1500 "Hannah2"
VBA # 02195

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-08-2014, 04:59 PM   #6

Here's the response I received. My issue is since I could purchase a NEW windshield for the same price I paid why did I get a POS?

"Sorry if the windshield wasn't what you thought it would be I did say it was sitting in a closet for 2 years later didn't think it was that bad."

Am I being too naïve or did I get scammed? Thanks for the vent...

Old 04-08-2014, 06:51 PM   #7
Mega-Contributor

Descriptions of used accessories are very subjective. You are at risk buying secondhand anything. Maybe you're too trusting. There's a lot of people out there who wouldn't think twice about scamming you.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 04-08-2014, 07:23 PM   #8
Advanced Member

I have been burned a few times like this. I have come to the realization that if its not still on the vehicle it was origionally purchased for than its probably either damaged or a non functioning pos from the factory to begin with. I almost always buy new now. If I do buy something used, I am going to physically inspect it before I turn over any cash. Then I make sure it's at a sizeable discount considering that the warranty on most accessories are voided once they change hands from the origional purchaser.

Old 04-08-2014, 08:51 PM   #9
Sr. Contributor

You wanted good and i do mean good photos....... This is the friggin 21st century anymore. Ministers don't mean squat. But then I am pretty friggin cranky and i carry a GUN

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it

Old 04-09-2014, 10:19 AM   #10
Advanced Member

You ain't cranky - just pissed off! I am "cranky" - new bike 3 km on it - it's snowing again! Ordered a new trailer hitch Jan 18th - well it's April 9th??? WTF. Bushtec sucks donkey dck!! Okay, I'm better, not!