Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 03-19-2013, 03:52 PM   #1

Oil Change Special.. Las Vegas area

I thought I would just mention it to anyone needing an oil change around and near the Las Vegas area. A-Team Motorcycles (http://www.arlennesslasvegas.com) is having a special this month $35 for regular oil (Maxima Oil) and $5 extra a quart for synthetic (Amsoil). I've been wanting to try this Amsoil since everyone on the forums talks about it... so for $65 I got an oil change with Amsoil. Not too bad since just buying that oil alone would of cost me that much and I still wouldn't of had an oil filter. Thought this might help some of the people around the Vegas Area interested in trying Amsoil. Oh and I rode home only about 40 miles so I can't say I can tell the difference yet in the synthetic verus the dino oil I used for the first 4K on my Vaquero. I'll update in the near future.

Amsoil
PCV
V&H Twin Slash Cuts
Baggersheild 8"-12.5"
12V outlet
iPod in left glove
KQR Mount & Sissybar
Top Trim for saddlebags
Oem saddlebag liners

Las Vegas, NV

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-19-2013, 06:55 PM   #2
Top Contributor

You probably wont notice any difference. The Amsoil helped with the shifting on my 1600 but the 1700 are a different story. I went back to using Dino oil on my Voyager, its much cheaper.

Old 03-19-2013, 07:45 PM   #3

Join the AMSOIL Preferred member club and get their oil at highly discounted prices. Membership costs $20 per year. It's totally worth it if you have many vehicles and drive (or ride) a lot
I use AMSOIL in all my vehicles and the Nomad. Great stuff. My Nomad runs much smoother, quieter and does not seem to get as hot during summer months.
My KLR650 does not notice much difference though. I've been running Rotella-T 15W-40 and changing it every 1,500-2,000 miles. Rotella-T is rated JASO/Motorcycle and has no friction modifies. Great budget oil for motorcycles. Wall Mart sells it very cheap.

Last edited by ivan; 03-19-2013 at 07:48 PM.

Old 03-20-2013, 04:43 AM   #4

I honestly wanted to try Amsoil to see if it would make my 1700 run a little cooler. Redjay so the Amsoil didn't help that issue with your Voyager?

Ivan.... thanks for the heads up I will have to look into that.... Thx.

Amsoil
PCV
V&H Twin Slash Cuts
Baggersheild 8"-12.5"
12V outlet
iPod in left glove
KQR Mount & Sissybar
Top Trim for saddlebags
Oem saddlebag liners

Las Vegas, NV