Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 04-29-2008, 10:41 AM   #1

JUST ORDERED THE PHAT II......

from scootworks. The chromed model. Many of you have said you installed them in less than an hour. The directions on scootworks sight indicates, by the process they recommend, it will take longer and be more involved.
Do you need to remove the windshield?
Do you have to drill out the holes?

any other tips would be appreciated since some of you know I'm mechanically challenged.

thanks

vin

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-29-2008, 11:04 AM   #2
Sr. Contributor

I have the alloy set, and didn't need to drill holes or remove the windshield. I used a lot of padding though, over the tank.

I had the devils own time just the same. These bikes are not exact to one another, so the tollerances are way out there someplace.

I had to move the tank back the speedo head back and the bezel back, and still I couldn't get quite enough clearance ever... I also had to remove the wire looms out of the lower clips.

The risers have 2 sets of holes.. One is SAE and the other is metric, which move the risers forward. I used the metric holes.

If you like choose a sunny day ::) and come up here and I will lend a hand.. Oh that's for free..

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it

Old 04-29-2008, 11:08 AM   #3

thanks macmac. If I have time I'd love to come up and meet you AND get some free help. I'm so busy in the summer I rarely have and free weekends, what with the Guard and the MSF stuff happening. I believe you are on or just off 16?

vin

Old 04-29-2008, 11:15 AM   #4
Sr. Contributor

7 miles from the Yankee Smoke House mostly west. I work for myself so my time is my time. I have no weekends..

What is MSF? Motor Cycle Safety? I didn't know you were a instructor..

Meeting me isn't a big deal, either. I just like to help out when and if I can..

The job in some ways wants 3 hands...

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac

Old 04-29-2008, 01:14 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmac
7 miles from the Yankee Smoke House...
Oh, crap! Now yer makin' me hungry.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-29-2008, 01:27 PM   #6
Sr. Contributor

I never got to go to Alice's but from what I see in pics, this place is like that, with a deck outside you can watch bikes go by one, and they even have a T shirt with a Hog on a bike for sale..

Not being 'into' HD the shirt doesn't exactly float my stick. But yesterday while looking up back hoes for a Bob Cat on line I discovered a Harley Rake, so I guess now there must be harley grass seed, and the real deal is finally coming to be for harley after all. 'We' always knew they were farm implements anyway!

As to that place, I sure am glad i live upwind of the hickory smoke...

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac

Old 04-29-2008, 07:50 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by flightdoc
from scootworks. The chromed model. Many of you have said you installed them in less than an hour. The directions on scootworks sight indicates, by the process they recommend, it will take longer and be more involved.
Do you need to remove the windshield?
Do you have to drill out the holes?

any other tips would be appreciated since some of you know I'm mechanically challenged.

thanks

vin

You're gonna love them! DO what they say, put a lot of padding and or towels on your tank.

Old 04-30-2008, 08:37 AM   #8

Probably a tad late but this guy has good quality risers for a reasonable price on E-Bay. Everyone seems to like his stuff. They use the existing risers and extend them by 2 inches. He can make them up to 2 1/2 inches without doing anything to the cables. Just for future info.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...2BSI%26otn%3D3

Old 05-02-2008, 02:35 PM   #9

They just arrived yesterday. nice looking. hopefully can get them on in the next few days. Have to play with the Guard this weekend. duty calls!