Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Riding > Rides/Trip Reports/Travel Information

Old 10-16-2012, 08:24 PM   #1

Leaf Watching/Twistie Tour Report - 10/13-10/14- Pic Intensive

I posted this on my club forum, but thought I would post it here:

"Day 1 10/13:

The day started off with Schuster, Fran and I arriving about 5 minutes late to the Sunocco. RoadRage, A1, and Gary were already there. After that Backfire Bill (The VP formally known as RoadRage) got the day started off with a bang. After the Sunocco employees were done thinking we were robbing them (just kidding), we headed north on 411. We headed up to Ocoee, and rode down 64 and came up 30. We turned on 315 and they were doing some roadwork. Oil on the road, grooved pavement, and gravel. We went up to Tellico Plains and headed out to Bald River falls. Had some good times at the falls and headed back to the Skyway. When sitting at the stop sign, who came along but Keith. What great timing. We ended up in Robbinsville at El Pacifico for Lunch.

We rode over to the Hellbender 28 and rode up up to Deals Gap. There we watched the show. I got to say, I saw one of the biggest butts I have ever seen on a girl. It was so big that it jiggled when she shifted gears. It was full on waddle. I hear the shocks on her bike scream when she got on it. Amazing stuff.

Gary broke off after the Dragon run and so did Keith, thanks for riding fellas. I look forward to the next time.

We rode up the Foothills Parkway and then rode through the Smoky on Scenic 74 up to Gatlinburg. BFB (Backfire Bill) and A1 broke off to Pigeon Forge. The traffic was so bad in Gatlinburg that we just pulled over and walked around some rivers and trails in the Smokys waiting for the traffic to die down.

We ate a horrible place called Best Italian, it was overpriced and just unreal. $15 for a plate of spaghetti and meatballs. We had a horrible room at the Best Western Crossroads, we took a bunch of pictures of the room, were going to complain to corporate tomorrow.

Amazing Day with a great bunch of people. I posted photos up on facebook but can add them here possibly tomorrow if I get some time to resize em and put em on my webserver."

Day 2 10/14:

The day started off nice and we all had Breakfast at the Atrium Pancakes. This place was really good. We rode down 441 and then cut across 74 to 28 and took it south. It was a foggy overcast day and the roads were wet from all the mist. I didn't mind at all, it was comfortable riding weather, great times, and great company.

We didn't stop at as many falls as we wanted to as the pulls offs were full of crazy tourists. People slamming on their brakes infront of you on fresh wet pavement, good times. So we stopped at Dry Falls and Bridal Veil Falls.

We had lunch in Highlands at the Cafe 460. It's inside a pharmacy, but it's good cheap food in Highlands which is hard to come by (Score one for Schuster on the lunch spot).

We decided since it was going to rain at night to get home sooner, so we didn't run all the way to Walhalla but cut down warwoman road and then came back 441/365/369/20.

What a great time, and I thank everyone for coming on out. Fran and I really look forward to our next ride with everyone.

The leaves were showing amazing color at about the 4k range. Below that was green, above that was already ripped off for anyone wondering.
VBA #02196

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-16-2012, 08:25 PM   #2

decided I was going to post a different set of pictures on here than on facebook to try to keep it fresh. All of these were taken by Fran and lots from the back of the bike while in motion. Not bad.

Some pics at bald river falls:

Some pics from the Skyway:

VBA #02196

Old 10-16-2012, 08:26 PM   #3

Foothills Parkway:

Deals Gap:

Some view from 441:

Stop off on the Moonshiner for some Gas in Cowee:

VBA #02196

Old 10-16-2012, 08:29 PM   #4

Pic on 28:

Dry Falls:

Bridal Veil Falls:

I hope you enjoyed the photos as much as we enjoy riding it. Check out my facebook as well as I have a different set on there.

Thanks and enjoy. Next weekend I will be back in the Smokys and up in pigeon forge. Going to do lots of hiking and hit some different waterfalls. Great time of year down here.

Here is a video of us running the dragon:

VBA #02196

Last edited by Corigan; 10-16-2012 at 08:31 PM.

Old 10-16-2012, 08:39 PM   #5

Great pictures, thanks for posting. By the way my bike is the exact same collor as the maroon one. I have ridden several of the roads that you listed. Hope to get back there next summer.
1996 800A Customized (SOLD)
2001 1500 Nomad (The Mistress)
2013 Voyager

2014 SE Rally - Elkins, WV
2016 SE Rally - Helen, Ga

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-16-2012, 10:23 PM   #6

Great pics. I really like the one with the bikes behind the waterfall.

Gene Chestnut
Dover, DE
USAF 1968-1995
VBA#01761
2007 Nomad 1600
Black and Titanium