Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 05-29-2012, 02:42 PM   #1

2010 Nomad 1700 - Risers?

I have short arms and am having to reach too far but it looks like if I add risers they will hit the instrument mount. Has anyone had success adding risers? I was thinking a 2 inch pull back with a 3 or 4 inch riser.

Thanks for the help as always...
KawaNOW #01650
Bell City Riders #21
SCRC 329
2010 Nomad (The Beast)

Previous Bikes
2008 - 900 Vulcan Classic
1958 HD HydraGlide

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-29-2012, 06:31 PM   #2

Bogie,

I have a 2010 Nomad too and am also cursesd with short arms. The problem I have is a shoulder cramp after a couple of hours riding. I've tried 2" risers and they not only didn't help, I think they actually made me more uncomfortable. I'm convinced my problem isn't the position of the grips, it's the width of the bars. I've been looking at switching to a set of bars from a Nomad 1500 (33" width versus the 35" width I have now) then adding the 2" risers to get the grips back to where they are now. If anybody has changed the bars on their 1700 Nomad I would really appreciate knowing what you did and how it worked out for you.

As for your question, I think I remember reading on here that several guys have put various risers on and the only difficulty I remember reading was with one of the suppliers and not the risers themselves. Try doing a search, I'm pretty sure the results will answer your questions.

Kovo