Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 01-06-2012, 10:25 PM   #1

Fi2000 adj Thunder Air?

I just added some Cobra slip on's and the Fi2000... I read that no adjustments are needed now but when the Thunder Air kit is addded then I will need to make adjustments to the 3rd pot. The instructions do not give a specific setting... Has anyone done similar to a 1700 and come up with the best adjustment for the air kit?

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-07-2012, 03:58 PM   #2

I did the same to my Vaquero called cobra they said to move pot 3 to 1 and 1&2 to 5. I would just ride the bike with the air kit and see if it responds quick wher you throttle it up at low speed and like getting on the interstate in 4th gear. If it back fires add fuel to it till it stops best i can do for ya.

Old 02-02-2012, 12:56 PM   #3

Thumbs Up FI2000 and Thunder Air Kit...What a difference!

I just completed installing the Thunder Air Kit (51010). I had installed the Cobra FI2000R a few months ago and did notice a big difference in my aceleration especially under load. No more lean surge felt. I also removed both baffles from the stock mufflers. After installing the Thunder Air Kit I took 'er for a ride and felt an incredible difference immediately. Instant throttle response and as some riders also mentioned much less throttle needed to get my machine rolling along. I'm totally satisfied with this machine right now. I didn't need to make any adjustments to the fuel processer. I am located on Long Island, New York and I have to pick and choose my riding days this time of year. Yesterday the temps were in the low 60's and the bike ran well. We'll see how it runs as the temps get warmer...Stay Safe and be well.