Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Riding > Rides/Trip Reports/Travel Information

Old 09-14-2011, 09:14 AM   #1

Tail of the dragon

On sept 10th I got to ride the dragons tail in TN, on the memoral ride for Lou Kirk who was killed earlyer this year in Florida in a motorcyle wreck. All her close friends and family were there on the dragons tail to spread her ashes at the dam overlook. this was a trip with two purposes for me the first was to say good by to a close friend and the second was to ride the dragons tail, so both were done with one trip. the weekend was fantasic until we headed home and got to the kentucky and tenn line and thats were the trip went bad, blow a tire on one of the bikes and ended up sitting in the rest area for about 5hrs til we could get someone to come get the bike. So the way I see it that wasn't really that bad considering what could've happened. I still had a blast on the trip anyways .

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-14-2011, 12:55 PM   #2
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via AIM to AlabamaNomadRider Send a message via Yahoo to AlabamaNomadRider
Tail of the dragon

Sorry to hear about the friends accident and death. Glad you got to help with scattering the ashes on the Tail of the Dragon.

Gene Cross, Jr.
Boaz, Alabama
KawaNOW/VBA #1181

Old 09-15-2011, 08:54 AM   #3

Tail of the dragon

I was asked for more info on my trip home from the dragon, well heres more , we were on I 75 north out of tenn and right when we crossed the kentucky line we need to pullinto the rest area and after we started to get off I 75 we heard a pop and the guy that was riding my 800 classic started going all over the road and was lucky he didn't go down , when he got stoped I got up to him and looked at the rear tire and it was off the rim, we pushed the bike to a parking spot and lefted the saddle bag up and what I saw was scary the side wall was blown out, after looking closer I saw that the tube was hanging out the side wall, Iwas behind him and I

Old 09-15-2011, 09:03 AM   #4

Tail of the dragon

And I didn't see him hit anything in the road,but who nows? I'am a industral mechanic at a V.A hospital in W.Va , so I now how to work on my bikes , I do all my own work on all my bikes so I now how to fix them on the road but there was no fixing this problem on the road. There was three of us that rode down to tenn and only one of us rode all the way home, and that was a long ride. we put about 300 miles on the bikes in tow days, thats what riding is all about. the repairs are done and both my bikes are ready for the next trip to Bristal motor speed way for the all harley drags next month.