Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > SouthCentral Group

Old 05-28-2011, 01:53 PM   #1

Bracket dimensions needed, please.

Perhaps one of you 1500 Nomad owners who have the one piece chrome rail (Rear Fender Trim, PN K53020-247) that attaches under the chrome covers above the saddlebags and comes down along the outsides of the fender on your bike would be willing to help me out.

I’ll receive the chrome rail next week but there is a triangular shaped bracket that is missing from the rail. That bracket has two holes at the top and it attaches to the turn signal bar under the fender. In turn, there is a one hole tab on the rail that attaches to the bracket at the bottom. This bracket is what I don’t have and I’m going to have to fabricate one.

I need the dimensions of the width of the bracket left to right at the top and the space between the top two holes based on centerline. I also need the length top to bottom of the bracket and the single hole location up from the bottom of the triangle. If I recall correctly, when I put one of these rails on Lola, there was at least one bend below the two top holes. This would be to allow the bracket to line up with the single hole of the rail. I know this sounds a bit confusing, but if anyone would be willing to take these measurements for me I’d sure be greatful!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-29-2011, 01:36 PM   #2

Bump

Old 05-31-2011, 08:42 AM   #3

Sas, I will be happy to get them dimensions, but not 100% sure which one. When I get home this evening I will look and see. I looked up the part number and it looked like it bolted near the blinker assy. I don't think mine does that but I will look and see.

Old 05-31-2011, 09:28 AM   #4

I appreciate that vidor!

Old 06-01-2011, 12:38 PM   #5

Sas,
I am so sorry, I got side tracked and did not get home till late yesterday, I WILL TODAY get that info.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-01-2011, 06:29 PM   #6

I need the dimensions of the width of the bracket left to right at the top (4.5")and the space between the top two holes based on centerline.(3" holes are 3-3/4) I also need the length top to bottom of the bracket (9"). Hope this helps let me know and I will get more.

Old 06-05-2011, 03:09 PM   #7

Thank you kindly. I found out that the rail I have is fro a Ckassic and not a Nomad. However, I'm gonna find a rail for the Nomad and I'll still need that bracket. I'll use these dimensions for sure.