Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Free Classifieds > Complete Bikes

Old 05-22-2011, 10:41 AM   #1

Nomad not selling

I really, really, really, really hate to sell, but I'm getting a new house and could use some extra cash. However, it's been listed for a couple months now with almost no nibbles! I just lowered the price again but really don't want to go any lower.

Any ideas why it's not getting more action? Color? Mileage? Year? Price? Thanks guys....

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/mcy/2395850055.html

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-22-2011, 11:04 AM   #2
Mega-Contributor

Nomad not selling

It looks like a well cared for, well accessorized Nomad at a fair asking price. I would have thought it would go quickly at that price.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 05-22-2011, 11:08 AM   #3
Sr. Contributor

Nomad not selling

Put the two up seat back on with the sissy bar, and sell it as a great two up bike with and additional seat for the solo look. Say you put a fuel processor on for better fuel mealage. Good luck. Just talking......
Gerry Martineau / 802 VT / VBA #0892 /[email]glmjgm@gmail.com[email]

Old 05-22-2011, 12:17 PM   #4

Nomad not selling

Mealage ??? yeah, they do eat gasoline.

2016 Electra Glide Ultra Limited CVO
Palladium Silver / Phantom Blue
110 cu in SE

2012 Electra Glide Ultra Limited (Traded 6/22/16)
Tequila Sunrise / HD Orange
Vance & Hines true dual headers
Rinehart 4" slip ons
Screamin Eagle Super Tuner
Screamin Eagle Stage 1 intake
Dyno tuned
H.O.G.# 4514015

2007 Nomad 1600 (Traded 6/23/12)
VBA #482

Old 05-22-2011, 12:23 PM   #5

Nomad not selling

CJ, that's what I thought - thanks for the confirmation...

Loafer, I had thought about taking pics of it in 2-up form - I'll do that and repost...

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-22-2011, 01:22 PM   #6
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via AIM to AlabamaNomadRider Send a message via Yahoo to AlabamaNomadRider
Nomad not selling

Never appear to be a desperate seller. I would not have said anything about needing money. People will think you will come down on the price and give it a wait and see. Just my thought.

Gene Cross, Jr.
Boaz, Alabama
KawaNOW/VBA #1181

Old 05-22-2011, 01:23 PM   #7

Nomad not selling

I think you need more pictures (or better ones that show the bike). It is a sharp-looking bike; and I personally like the color.

Use the "action-picture" you have as your sig-pic. That is a great picture of the bike being ridden and would help people see what it looks like when someone is riding it; and its size perspective.

Also include a direct side-shot of both sides of the bike; much like any manufacturer does on their sites for new bikes. People need to see a bike from all angles to make a decision and to see that the bike doesn't have any hidden problems, dings & dents.

I wouldn't argue with the price; but I am almost sure the recent economy isn't helping you out.a

I also agree with Gene on mentioning you need the money. Drop that from the ad. People don't need to know that, and you are just asking for low-ball bids on the bike.

Hopefully you can hang-in there until a buyer comes through.

Good luck to you. ;)

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

"You can have your own opinion, but not your own facts."

Former VBA NCR Assist Regional Leader
Formerly: 2004 1500FI Bronze Nomad: 2009 & 2014 HD Ultra
Current Rides: 2017 HD Ultra Limited & 2011 Can Am Spyder RTS-SE
Attended: VBA National Rallies 2009, 2011, 2015; VBA/NCR Regional Rally 2010, 12, 14, 16 and several rides throughout with regional members.
VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417

Old 05-22-2011, 01:31 PM   #8
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via AIM to AlabamaNomadRider Send a message via Yahoo to AlabamaNomadRider
Nomad not selling

Good thoughts Greg. It is a sharp bike and he should show more pictures of a great looking bike with a different color than most you see on the road. The economy is a major factor for people not buying. People are afraid of spending their money or going in debt.

Gene Cross, Jr.
Boaz, Alabama
KawaNOW/VBA #1181

Old 05-22-2011, 01:35 PM   #9

Nomad not selling

It is a sharp looking Nomad. I know you've heard this already but be patient. It will sell. The right buyer just hasn't come along yet. You would think with the price of gasoline there would be a boon on bikes. Problem is, you can get a next to zero or zero% financing on a new bike. Can't on a used one. Somebody who needs or wants a clean used bike will come along with the cash in hand.

2016 Electra Glide Ultra Limited CVO
Palladium Silver / Phantom Blue
110 cu in SE

2012 Electra Glide Ultra Limited (Traded 6/22/16)
Tequila Sunrise / HD Orange
Vance & Hines true dual headers
Rinehart 4" slip ons
Screamin Eagle Super Tuner
Screamin Eagle Stage 1 intake
Dyno tuned
H.O.G.# 4514015

2007 Nomad 1600 (Traded 6/23/12)
VBA #482

Old 05-22-2011, 01:46 PM   #10
Advanced Member

Nomad not selling

Agree with everyones post above. I also think take some pictures with the two up seat and back rest on along with what you already have. That way you can interest more people or people that want to ride with their partners. Makes it more visual then just saying you have the extra seat.

It's a nice looking bike, I like the color, different. I don't think the price is out of line at all. Good luck.

VBA #1608
KZR #25622

Old 05-22-2011, 04:42 PM   #11

Nomad not selling

my two cents - include a photo with the solo set up and a photo with the dual set up (gives folks options).
Also, your signature photo is a nice shot - and it shows off the solo set up - I'd use it!

2004 1500fi - Blue and Grey
Ultra Nomad - In progress

CMC#12065 - Edmonton

Old 05-22-2011, 04:43 PM   #12

Nomad not selling

Those are good points/tips I hadn't thought of. I'll get some fresh pics on my photobucket account and change the wording.
I'll keep you all posted.

Thanks again!

Old 05-23-2011, 11:21 PM   #13

Nomad not selling

Definately pics of the "pipe" side. Sorry our Jap bikes just don't retain the best of value, but your mileage is good. Nice, Clean bike.. good luck. P.S. There was a "young" guy on here not long ago from the Bay area trying to by a Nomad in the $4000 range.??

Old 05-24-2011, 04:18 AM   #14

Nomad not selling

All great points. It's definitely not the price. Couple months ago I bought a 99 with 29,000 miles on it. It's not FI so doesn't have the fuel processor, doesn't have a solo set-up, and it certainly didn't have a good paint job. It sat on the market for a couple months and started at 4500. It then went to 4400, 4200, and 4000. I looked at a couple different nomads and after talking to this guy I drove an hour to go look at it. I knew he was getting desperate for the money so I went in with a firm low ball offer prepared to walk away. I got the bike a lot less then he was asking

I would add that you should be marketing that on different craigslist within a half days drive of you. It pays off.

Last bike I sold was an 02 TL1000R v twin sport bike. I had about 10 people come look at it over a 5-6 week period with the following main pic in the ad.

I was really debating on lowering my price on the bike even though I was already losing a bundle with the custom items on the bike. I then posted another ad but added the following pic to it entirely by mistake.

It sold the very next day to the 2nd person who had originally come to look at the bike 5-6 weeks earlier. He told me that after looking at the bike originally he didn't want to wear a backpack all the time to carry books to and from class. I had neglected in my original ad to mention the custom trunk I had made for the bike so it eliminated him as a buyer on the first go around.

Shortly after selling this bike I made a checklist for when I sold my truck. Every buyer that came by i went down a checklist of everything the truck had on it, all add ons, etc. Truck sold within a week, and sold to a person who lives in Orlando and saw it on that craigslist.

Gratz on your new house and best of luck on the sale of the bike. I love the color.

Old 05-24-2011, 07:42 AM   #15
Mega-Contributor

Nomad not selling

Quote:
Originally Posted by canedriver
All great points. It's definitely not the price. Couple months ago I bought a 99 with 29,000 miles on it. It's not FI so doesn't have the fuel processor, doesn't have a solo set-up, and it certainly didn't have a good paint job. It sat on the market for a couple months and started at 4500. It then went to 4400, 4200, and 4000. I looked at a couple different nomads and after talking to this guy I drove an hour to go look at it. I knew he was getting desperate for the money so I went in with a firm low ball offer prepared to walk away. I got the bike a lot less then he was asking

I would add that you should be marketing that on different craigslist within a half days drive of you. It pays off.

Last bike I sold was an 02 TL1000R v twin sport bike. I had about 10 people come look at it over a 5-6 week period with the following main pic in the ad.

I was really debating on lowering my price on the bike even though I was already losing a bundle with the custom items on the bike. I then posted another ad but added the following pic to it entirely by mistake.

It sold the very next day to the 2nd person who had originally come to look at the bike 5-6 weeks earlier. He told me that after looking at the bike originally he didn't want to wear a backpack all the time to carry books to and from class. I had neglected in my original ad to mention the custom trunk I had made for the bike so it eliminated him as a buyer on the first go around.

Shortly after selling this bike I made a checklist for when I sold my truck. Every buyer that came by i went down a checklist of everything the truck had on it, all add ons, etc. Truck sold within a week, and sold to a person who lives in Orlando and saw it on that craigslist.

Gratz on your new house and best of luck on the sale of the bike. I love the color.
Not trying to usurp the thread here, but that is one bad-ass looking bike.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17