Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > Canada West Group

Old 01-23-2011, 03:39 PM   #1
Top Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to rickyboy
Vancouver Motorcycle Show

Well finally,....the show came to town.

I went a couple of times this year. I'm the kind of guy that wants to talk to people and look at almost every booth there.
I spent most of the opening day looking for replacements for my leather jacket, chaps, and helmet. The insurance Co. has given me a fair approx. amount to replace these items.
I got a "scream'in deal" on a hard, as apposed to foam, armored, leather jacket. I was also fitted for a new pair of leather chaps {at "Stan The Leather Man" hammer}.
Fitting a helmet was, and has always been a huge task for me.
#1. I've got a ....rather large head
#2. My freak'in head isn't "round" " they" say. And No! I'm not of German decent. So no jokes there.
So I haven't managed to find a helmet yet. I need to find a dealer in town who deals with Z1R helmets. They seem to fit me the best.

On the second day I went {Sat.}
I had the pleasure of running into Elvis there and chatted with him for a few minutes. Nice to see you E.

I also spoke with Chris Pearson the Canadian rep for Kawai. and dropped off a bunch of KawaNOW cards that he gladly displayed on their counter. The two of us are also going to be in touch and make it so all Kawaski dealers that sell either a Nomad, Vaquero, or Voyager, will be suggesting to the new owner to visit the KawaNOW site. He said he might like to make the trip to Maggie Valley., too. But who knows.

I spent more time at booths discussing things like proposed laws, products, etc.. I enjoyed taking my time throwing my leg over a few different bikes. But I think I found myself back at the Kawasaki section a few times ogling the new Nomad and of course the Voyager.

All in all a good time. I hope you all made to the show in your area.
Ciao for now
"rickyboy"

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
108 Mile Ranch, British Columbia
Canada
Vulcan Bagger Assoc. #00722
Black 2006 Nomad

https://cdn2.iconfinder.com/data/ico...Book_32x32.png

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-23-2011, 05:40 PM   #2
Sr. Contributor

Glad you had a good time.
Gerry Martineau / 802 VT / VBA #0892 /[email]glmjgm@gmail.com[email]

Old 01-23-2011, 09:01 PM   #3
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via AIM to AlabamaNomadRider Send a message via Yahoo to AlabamaNomadRider

Sounds like you had two enjoyable days Ricky.

Gene Cross, Jr.
Boaz, Alabama
KawaNOW/VBA #1181

Old 01-23-2011, 09:17 PM   #4
Top Contributor

Ricky,
You look good on that Voyager... ....except for that big shiny out-of-round noggin' that is..... ! Glad you enjoyed the show and way to schmooze the Kawi reps!
VBA #0691
2017 HD Ultra Limited Low
2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
2012 1700 Vulcan Voyager
2008 1600 Vulcan Nomad
1997 Vulcan 800 Classic

"Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional"

Custer 2009|Kalispell 2010|Cortez 2010|Crescent City 2011|Kanab 2012|Canmore 2012|Estes Park 2013|Orofino 2014|Lake Tahoe 2015|Red Lodge 2016

Old 01-23-2011, 09:52 PM   #5

Rick, it was very nice seeing you also. What are the odds? the show runs for 4 days and thousands attend each day and we run into each other.

You look good on the Voyager, no photos on the Vaquero?

I posted the following on the east coast boards:

I had an opportunity to sit on the Vaquero, at C$19,999, driving lights should come as standard. I really liked the Vaquero:

The Road Glide Ultra attracted my attention also. Didn't look at the price tag, just enjoyed siting on it (for awhile):

This bike was in the Suzuki section. Thought a vintage machine got mixed in the modern era. No, it was Suzuki TU250X, a 250 cc fuel injected bike. Loved this nostalgic looking bike:

My wife and I managed to keep our bank account intact and headed home happily after we spent 7.5 hours at the show.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-23-2011, 10:58 PM   #6
Top Contributor

I was impressed with the retro looking bikes "E". The opening day was Vintage Day and they had a lot more old bikes around. I sat on that Road Glide too E,....and if I can just say very quietly here. I liked it. I liked the Voyager a lot though and have started talking about what a nice bike it is with "judygirl". She just looked at me. It might be hard sell, I'm think'in.
Those who might remember my Calgary friend Brian aka "midge" {he also has a cabin at the same place mine is} Kris you know him, he went to Custer with me. Anyway he went to the Calgary show bent on buying a "wing". Well that went out the window after he got there. He nix'd it and had it down to either the Victory cross roads or the Voyager. I called him today and he went out yesterday and bought a brand new 2010 .......Blk. and red........................... ???

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
Canada
Black 2006 Nomad

Old 01-23-2011, 11:08 PM   #7
Top Contributor

.........................LOL !!! Voyager !!!!!!
He's pretty happy. But the bike sits in storage at the store waiting till the roads are dry and clear.
Hummm it might be a while seeing as he's in Calgary. He isn't a computer type and doesn't post very much if ever. I know he introduced himself when I got him to join. I'll see if I can get him to post a photo.

And by the way Kris,.....what do you mean "that big shiny out-of-round noggin' ?" If you ever take that ball cap off your head, that you wear I'm sure you'll see one of the same unfolding. I'm just man enough to admit I was half way there and did the right thing. I'm filling my application right now for my membership for SWB's "[size=100:rcbqu7rs]Shiny Head Society[/size:rcbqu7rs]". I can put a word in for you for a later date if you like.

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
Canada
Black 2006 Nomad

Old 01-23-2011, 11:40 PM   #8
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyboy ... #00722
.........................LOL !!! Voyager !!!!!!
He's pretty happy. But the bike sits in storage at the store waiting till the roads are dry and clear.
Hummm it might be a while seeing as he's in Calgary. He isn't a computer type and doesn't post very much if ever. I know he introduced himself when I got him to join. I'll see if I can get him to post a photo.

And by the way Kris,.....what do you mean "that big shiny out-of-round noggin' ?" If you ever take that ball cap off your head, that you wear I'm sure you'll see one of the same unfolding. I'm just man enough to admit I was half way there and did the right thing. I'm filling my application right now for my membership for SWB's "[size=100:z435834m]Shiny Head Society[/size:z435834m]". I can put a word in for you for a later date if you like.
LOL.....why do you think I wear that ball cap! It's not a pretty sight without it! I'll bet Brian is tickled to have that new Voyager, but man it would suck to have to wait to ride it!

Elvis, glad to hear you enjoyed the show too!
VBA #0691
2012 1700 Vulcan Voyager
2008 1600 Vulcan Nomad
1997 Vulcan 800 Classic

Custer 2009|Kalispell 2010|Cortez 2010|Crescent City 2011|Kanab 2012|Canmore 2012|Estes Park 2013|Orofino 2014|Lake Tahoe 2015|Red Lodge 2016

Old 01-24-2011, 11:15 AM   #9
Top Contributor

Kris.... I'll bring my razor the next time we're to hook up. You'll never regret it that's for sure.
Oh! but you'll need to invest in more hats. I had to buy a winter hat like this,

and then more ball caps to wick away the sweat in the summer.

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
Canada
Black 2006 Nomad

Old 01-24-2011, 12:47 PM   #10

Quote:

I also spoke with Chris Pearson the Canadian rep for Kawai. and dropped off a bunch of KawaNOW cards that he gladly displayed on their counter. The two of us are also going to be in touch and make it so all Kawaski dealers that sell either a Nomad, Vaquero, or Voyager, will be suggesting to the new owner to visit the KawaNOW site.
Ricky,
Hey, since you've made contact with someone who hopefully has some degree of influence at Kawasaki Canada maybe you can ask for some"favors".

On another thread someone suggested that the Alberta riders and the BC riders meet up at a central location some weekend this summer. If this materializes, wouldn't it be great if Kawi had an new Voyager and a Vaquero there for us to test ride?

Just an idea to throw out there.

"Sun on my face, wind in my hair, sound of my bike in my ears and peace in my soul..."
VBA Member #01514
2008 "Ultra" Nomad 1600, Candy Plasma Blue

Old 01-24-2011, 01:17 PM   #11
Top Contributor

That has already come up. Last year or maybe it was the year before that, when I talked with him. He was very interested in any rallies, rides etc., and asked to be informed about them. He said he would definitely support us. Now what that means exactly remains to be seen. He said he would try to attend any formal functions we have. So I'm hoping that I can host a rally next summer for the western region {and anyone else that wants to attend} Then get Kawasaki Canada out for this support he talks about. He seems to be a sincere guy and I believe he means what he says. But talk is cheap and we'll see what unfolds. I will be starting a thread about a possible rally for next year if there is an appetite. I hope the members receive that idea well. There is a lot of "stuff" going on this summer with the Rally In the Redwoods, which a lot of western Canadian members seem to have an interest in, and of course the 2nd National Rally in N.C.. Personally I'm going to do my best to make it to the National. It is the year for the National and regionals are laid out for every other year which are even number years.

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
Canada
Black 2006 Nomad

Old 01-24-2011, 03:33 PM   #12
Top Contributor

Quote:
That has already come up. Last year or maybe it was the year before that, when I talked with him. He was very interested in any rallies, rides etc., and asked to be informed about them. He said he would definitely support us. Now what that means exactly remains to be seen. He said he would try to attend any formal functions we have. So I'm hoping that I can host a rally next summer for the western region {and anyone else that wants to attend} Then get Kawasaki Canada out for this support he talks about. He seems to be a sincere guy and I believe he means what he says. But talk is cheap and we'll see what unfolds. I will be starting a thread about a possible rally for next year if there is an appetite. I hope the members receive that idea well. There is a lot of "stuff" going on this summer with the Rally In the Redwoods, which a lot of western Canadian members seem to have an interest in, and of course the 2nd National Rally in N.C.. Personally I'm going to do my best to make it to the National. It is the year for the National and regionals are laid out for every other year which are even number years.
Ricky,
Stewart/Hyder would make great place for your rally location.... ;)! Thank you....Thank you verra much.....
VBA #0691
2012 1700 Vulcan Voyager
2008 1600 Vulcan Nomad
1997 Vulcan 800 Classic

Old 01-24-2011, 07:28 PM   #13

Sounds like you were busy at the bike show, making a few contacts is always a good thing. Im sure they will help you out when you have a rally out west.
Since fitting a helmet is so tough, you should get one tattoed on your noggen!
And thats the same winter hat I wear here, they are nice and warm. ;)

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 01-24-2011, 09:20 PM   #14
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringadingh
Sounds like you were busy at the bike show, making a few contacts is always a good thing. Im sure they will help you out when you have a rally out west.
Those hat's are the greatest.
That's not the first meeting with the rep. Very nice guy. He has said he would support us all he could and wants to know about every ride and rally we have.
I had a laugh about getting the head tattooed. I've been thinking of getting one of those "mid life crisis" things.
Oh and btw I just heard that my 2nd daughter just gave birth to a bouncing baby boy!!!

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
Canada
Black 2006 Nomad

Old 01-24-2011, 09:31 PM   #15
Top Contributor

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringadingh
Those hat's are the greatest.
That's not the first meeting with the rep. Very nice guy. He has said he would support us all he could and wants to know about every ride and rally we have.
I had a laugh about getting the head tattooed. I've been thinking of getting one of those "mid life crisis" things.
Oh and btw I just heard that my 2nd daughter just gave birth to a bouncing baby boy!!!
Congrats Grandpa!
VBA #0691
2012 1700 Vulcan Voyager
2008 1600 Vulcan Nomad
1997 Vulcan 800 Classic