Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 05-19-2010, 11:11 PM   #1
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via AIM to AlabamaNomadRider Send a message via Yahoo to AlabamaNomadRider
Speaking of Boycotts

I get so tired of picking up a product and seeing that it is made in China. I picked up a green Stanley Thermos and was surprised to see that it is now made in China. Last one I bought a few years back was made in the good ole USA.

I think we should boycott any company and product that is made in China and any other country. If we keep buying the products made in other countries we are going to find that all manufacturing in the USA is going to be gone.

I know we can no longer find clothes made in the USA so quit buying clothing. Heck I came into the world naked. Might as well do it again.

Gene Cross, Jr.
Boaz, Alabama
KawaNOW/VBA #1181

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-20-2010, 07:05 AM   #2

Send a message via AIM to Idaho
Speaking of Boycotts

I'm getting tired of buying products and then having to hunt for the instructions in english. Everything is in Spanish. Can we boycott anything with Spanish on the label? Probably be down to fresh meat, idaho potatoes and french wine.
VBA #110
VROC #24864
IBA #49753
2007 Nomad 86,000 miles
Bud Smalley
Pocatello, Idaho

Idaho Jack Adapter

Old 05-20-2010, 08:40 AM   #3
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via AIM to AlabamaNomadRider Send a message via Yahoo to AlabamaNomadRider
Speaking of Boycotts

Bud, I totally agree. If they are going to live here, and they are, then labels should only be printed in one language. It costs money to print everything in other languages. We in turn have to pay for that.

Gene Cross, Jr.
Boaz, Alabama
KawaNOW/VBA #1181

Old 05-20-2010, 09:26 AM   #4

Speaking of Boycotts

Made in U.S.A. or Canada is my preference. Yes I do take the time to check labels and won't buy from anywhere except our two countries if I have a choice. In doing so, we keep our selves employed and our two economys rolling upwards. If we all did this instead of buying from other countries we would as a whole be better off and maybe keep our brothers off the unemployment lists....by the way..most car tires that are available for motorcycles are made in china or korea..hmmm...Bdog

Old 05-20-2010, 11:01 AM   #5

Speaking of Boycotts

Seems like the last couple years there are a lot of problems found from China and asia made products... ie mercury in makeup, lead in paint, I forget what they said some kids jewlery was made of but it is banned in the US... but we continue to buy it from them and allow them to conduct business here.

Who knows that thermos may be made from depleated uranium from Iran sent to China..... but we sure wouldnt want to offend our major suppliers of products in the USA.......

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
1946 George Orwell

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-20-2010, 10:20 PM   #6
Sr. Contributor

Speaking of Boycotts

Bdog you are exactly correct. I feel proud of buying something made here or in Canada. I feel like in most cases it is a quality product unlike if it is made in China or Mexico. I don't want to slight you Canadian friends of mine. Sometimes I look at the US and Canada as being the same country. Always have and always will.

Gene Cross, Jr.
Boaz, Alabama
KawaNOW/VBA #1181

Old 05-20-2010, 11:46 PM   #7

Speaking of Boycotts

If we don't by products "made in China or any other country", folks I ain't selling my Nomad which was made in Japan and buying no flippin' H-allegedly made in the USA-D. If my GMC weren't so old it may have been built in another almond eyed country. And we can thank WaMart for making OUT SOURCING popular and acceptable. They darn near put Rubbermade out of business many years ago for refusing to out source. It is not another countries fault they build things better and for less than we do. It is our fault. And we are bringing the out sourcing into the country so we don't have to pay shipping. Look at those hiring illegal alliens and the he'll being raised over Az immigration bill. And if you don't believe it is our fault, look at what some countries Jr. High students are learning in school and then go talk to one of our High School grads or watch Jay Leno go on the street and ask people who George Wasington was. And before any body gets a new rope and starts looking for a tall tree, I will fight as hard to potect and serve this country as any one standing on any piece of Gods Green Earth, but we started Dumbing Down this country about 30 or so years ago and it has become acceptable because we don't want to hurt any ones feelings. And like
it or not, that is reallity. And for those who are now mad at me, well shucks!
Thanks for your time

Old 05-21-2010, 10:27 AM   #8

Speaking of Boycotts

Oh for the days the trophies were given to those who won versus the ones who participate.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
1946 George Orwell

Old 05-21-2010, 04:15 PM   #9

Speaking of Boycotts

Isn't the Nomad made elsewhere guys???

You might have to sell your bikes then if you want to stay American and ride only a Victory... ::)

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

"You can have your own opinion, but not your own facts."

Former VBA NCR Assist Regional Leader
Formerly: 2004 1500FI Bronze Nomad: 2009 & 2014 HD Ultra
Current Rides: 2017 HD Ultra Limited & 2011 Can Am Spyder RTS-SE
Attended: VBA National Rallies 2009, 2011, 2015; VBA/NCR Regional Rally 2010, 12, 14, 16 and several rides throughout with regional members.
VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417

Old 05-21-2010, 04:16 PM   #10

Speaking of Boycotts

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwilson
Isn't the Nomad made elsewhere guys???

You might have to sell your bikes then if you want to stay American and ride only a Victory... ::)
...and even then, it is only a short time before the Victory is going to be made elsewhere.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

"You can have your own opinion, but not your own facts."

Former VBA NCR Assist Regional Leader
Formerly: 2004 1500FI Bronze Nomad: 2009 & 2014 HD Ultra
Current Rides: 2017 HD Ultra Limited & 2011 Can Am Spyder RTS-SE
Attended: VBA National Rallies 2009, 2011, 2015; VBA/NCR Regional Rally 2010, 12, 14, 16 and several rides throughout with regional members.
VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417

Old 05-21-2010, 06:41 PM   #11

Speaking of Boycotts

Thanks gl. I understand that Ma Kaw has a plant in Kansas or Nebraska, but according to the VIN mine is pure a pure bread
rice burning Jap Bike.
And by the by ANR, I do get your point and agree to the point of practicallity. If I had a clue how to get this country back to what I remember it could be, I would sure take a shot at it. But most of my ideas are too conservitive for even some right wingers

Thanks for your time