Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 04-09-2010, 07:51 PM   #1

Fallen miners benefit

For any one in the Charleston West Virgina area there will be a ride to benefit the families of fallen West Virginia coal miners on Sunday April 11th at 1 pm. I will be there with the Southern Cruisers Riding Club. Hope to see you there.

http://www.westvirginiabikers.com/2010_April.html
VBA #01448
2008 Metallic Ocean Blue / Neutron Silver
*the coolest colors*

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-09-2010, 07:57 PM   #2
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via AIM to AlabamaNomadRider Send a message via Yahoo to AlabamaNomadRider
Fallen miners benefit

Thanks for posting the link. I am sure there will be a lot that will help.

Gene Cross, Jr.
Boaz, Alabama
KawaNOW/VBA #1181

Old 04-10-2010, 09:48 PM   #3

Fallen miners benefit

If I didn't have to pull out for work when I do, I'd be in attendance. I trailer truck and have to roll to Chicago tomorrow. The Patriot Guard Riders posted a message to not go to Montcoal, as there were already groups handing out handbills and such, with the message that the miners "got what they deserved" Can you believe that? Some groups just cant wait to stir up shiza....

Old 04-11-2010, 07:26 AM   #4

Fallen miners benefit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridemslow
If I didn't have to pull out for work when I do, I'd be in attendance. I trailer truck and have to roll to Chicago tomorrow. The Patriot Guard Riders posted a message to not go to Montcoal, as there were already groups handing out handbills and such, with the message that the miners "got what they deserved" Can you believe that? Some groups just cant wait to stir up shiza....
Everyone around here either has family or friends that work in the coal industry. I hope the protesters are smart enough not to travel alone or get lost.........(insert theme from Deliverance here)
VBA #01448
*the coolest colors*

Old 04-11-2010, 10:10 AM   #5

Fallen miners benefit

These idiots remind me of when the ACLU threatened to show up in St. Bernard Parish to protest the dedication of the monument honoring the residents who were lost to Hurricane Katrina. The Parish President stated on live tv news that the "ACLU could kiss his fat @ss" and the surviving residents were hoping the ACLU would be there. The monument was erected at the end of Shell Beach road and was designed as a large cross with the names of all lost St. Bernard Parish residents inscribed on it. There is one way in and one way out. The residents stated that the ACLU would find the way in but would never come out. They meant it and the ACLU or law enforcement never showed up. This country needs more patriots to stand up to these knucklehead protestors, judges, and politicians. God bless the friends and families of the lost miners and also those who won't put up with those cold hearted fools.

2016 Electra Glide Ultra Limited CVO
Palladium Silver / Phantom Blue
110 cu in SE

2012 Electra Glide Ultra Limited (Traded 6/22/16)
Tequila Sunrise / HD Orange
Vance & Hines true dual headers
Rinehart 4" slip ons
Screamin Eagle Super Tuner
Screamin Eagle Stage 1 intake
Dyno tuned
H.O.G.# 4514015

2007 Nomad 1600 (Traded 6/23/12)
VBA #482

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-12-2010, 07:16 AM   #6

Fallen miners benefit

KANAWHA COUNTY, W.Va. (WSAZ) -- Even miles away from the site of the Upper Big Branch Mine many efforts are being organized to honor the 29 miners killed in a deadly explosion.

Sunday, a special prayer vigil was held at the miner's memorial at the state captiol.

The vigil was organized by the Kings River Worship Center. Pastor Ron Crum grew up in Marsh Fork. After Monday's explosion, Crum says he stopped by Marsh Fork Elementary, where the media was set up, every day. Crum says "that's my people, that's my family."

Crum says he wanted to organize Sunday's vigil to give everyone a chance to grieve and pray for the 29 miners killed.

People took time to pray for the miners, their families, rescue workers and even Governor Joe Manchin.

In Jefferson, nearly 400 bikers gathered at Tomahawks Sunday for a memorial motorcycle ride.

Riders were asked to make a cash donation and more than $7,500 was raised. The money will be given to the families of the miners.

"I've worked with some of the guys and know their families," said Patrick Demersman. "I can't pretend to know what they are going through. I hope things work out and everybody pulls through it."

Still a coal miner, Demersman says he will now think of those 29 men every time he heads underground. He was overwhelmed with the turnout of support Sunday.

"It's wild how people pull together in a time like this," Demersman says.

Even strangers to the miners and the families were along for the ride. Debbie Luikart says "They're West Virginians man, they're miners, they're our people and you've got to support our people."
VBA #01448
*the coolest colors*

Old 04-12-2010, 07:16 AM   #7

Fallen miners benefit

KANAWHA COUNTY, W.Va. (WSAZ) -- Even miles away from the site of the Upper Big Branch Mine many efforts are being organized to honor the 29 miners killed in a deadly explosion.

Sunday, a special prayer vigil was held at the miner's memorial at the state captiol.

The vigil was organized by the Kings River Worship Center. Pastor Ron Crum grew up in Marsh Fork. After Monday's explosion, Crum says he stopped by Marsh Fork Elementary, where the media was set up, every day. Crum says "that's my people, that's my family."

Crum says he wanted to organize Sunday's vigil to give everyone a chance to grieve and pray for the 29 miners killed.

People took time to pray for the miners, their families, rescue workers and even Governor Joe Manchin.

In Jefferson, nearly 400 bikers gathered at Tomahawks Sunday for a memorial motorcycle ride.

Riders were asked to make a cash donation and more than $7,500 was raised. The money will be given to the families of the miners.

"I've worked with some of the guys and know their families," said Patrick Demersman. "I can't pretend to know what they are going through. I hope things work out and everybody pulls through it."

Still a coal miner, Demersman says he will now think of those 29 men every time he heads underground. He was overwhelmed with the turnout of support Sunday.

Even strangers to the miners and the families were along for the ride. Debbie Luikart says "They're West Virginians man, they're miners, they're our people and you've got to support our people."
VBA #01448
*the coolest colors*

Old 04-12-2010, 07:16 AM   #8

Fallen miners benefit

VBA #01448
*the coolest colors*