Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 06-23-2008, 12:02 PM   #1

"POSSE REPORT" Day Two

::) We all slept......somewhat!
Todays Ride......The Twisty's Yeeeee Haw
We started with cool temps Clouds some Sun. ::)
Headed West on Rt 33 to North on Rt 32 then left onto Rt 72 a beautiful ride & challenging road. The Scenery was out of a movie
Green everywhere Mountains bathed in the morning mist,Beautiful Farms & homes as well as poor country homes out in these Mountains. The road was freshly paved for the 1st couple of mi. & also narrow as we progressed thru the Mountains the road narrowed even more (1 narrow lane) and the fresh paving ended. There were steep drops Hairpin turns switchbacks,& some steep climbs with many turns of varying difficulty. We rode about 22 mi on Rt 72 into Parsons WV then Rt 219n into Thomas (Passing "The Purple Fiddle") (I didn't forget)
Then onto Rt 32s to Davis where we went to "Blackwater Falls" for some pics. & a few laughs Beezer & Joe provided most of the Humor. We then headed south on Rt 32 again, and just as the day before the Skies let loose with more Rain, so we pulled over donning our Rain gear. We then headed South to Rt 33e and Seneca Rocks And some anticipated Vittles. We ate at 4U Restaurant for some homemade cooking,good humor and a needed rest for the Challenging ride to come.After a great lunch
and many laughs we were off to The Smoke Hole Rd. which is a beautiful road, Scenic, Chaining and well paved all rode at their own pace........Howard, Gus and I decided to give it a go and turned the wick up, we put it all out and had the time of our lives as we rung- out The Nomad, Concurs,& Gold wing for all they had.
After coming out of the Canyon we headed South on Rt 220 to Franklin WV for our Reward...........YEP "Ice Cream" at Thompson's Restaurant. We laughed as we relived the ride and ate some good Ice Cream. After our well needed break it was off we went up Rt 33w to Elkins where we met Ring-A-Ding. Then a quick shower & over to C. J. Maggies for a fine dinner and some socializing. Then for me back to the Room for some REST ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!
About 200mi. for the day! ( Hard Ones)

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-24-2008, 04:10 AM   #2
Top Contributor

"POSSE REPORT" Day Two

They were hard miles Big Daddy but I learned from them

Old 06-24-2008, 05:47 PM   #3

"POSSE REPORT" Day Two

And ya did well Beez! ;)

Old 06-24-2008, 06:07 PM   #4
Top Contributor

"POSSE REPORT" Day Two

Thanks for the free lessons Big Daddy (I'll try and repay you in laughs)

Old 06-24-2008, 06:17 PM   #5

"POSSE REPORT" Day Two

I've already been repaid, with fun, laughs,& friendship. ;)

Login or Register to Remove Ads