Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 11-20-2008, 06:47 PM   #1

Saddle Bag Shelves

Has any installed these shelves. I have been looking at them for a while. http://edmondslowers.homestead.com/SaddlebagShelf.html

Also if some of you do not know of this guys site it has a lot of cool ideas. http://www.gadgetjq.com/gadgetsfixitpage.htm

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-20-2008, 07:20 PM   #2

Saddle Bag Shelves

Macman 13,

I didn't install them, they were there when I bought the bike. I don't have a basis for comparison, so can't say whether I like the bags better with or without. ::)

That being said.....I use them fully, sort of a permanent storage for travel emergency items, first aid, road kit, etc. on one side. the other side for small items like gloves, hats, scarves, maps. They seem to be particularly useful when travleling with a woman. There seem to be a lot of little things that I need space for when she joins me on a longer trip.

I have found that a lot stuff can be packed on the shelves in the space formed and the odd shape is something of a help in this area if some thought is put into it.

But, while not flimsy, I would not over burden them unless supported from below with a tote bag full or whaterver else you can get under them.

Bottom line, I like them and use them. Don't know what I'd be willing to pay for them though. ???

Old 11-20-2008, 08:05 PM   #3
Top Contributor

Saddle Bag Shelves

If you click on the KawaNOW Nomad Links at the top of every page you will find Gadjet is listed there.

You are right, he has a wealth of info on his site!

Bob
KawaNOW/VBA 210
Green/Silver 2006
Patriot Guard Riders 2009

Old 11-20-2008, 08:34 PM   #4

Saddle Bag Shelves

Valdez and I bought a set of saddle bag shelves to split since I only wanted one side (My laptop goes in the other side), and he only wanted one side. I think it's great. Keeps a few smaller items (gloves, sunglasses, wallet etc...) in one place for easy access instead of digging toward the bottom when I need them.

Audiogooroo - Daryl Porter
Colorado Springs, CO
VBA #248
VROC #17261
1999 Grn/Grn Nomad

Old 11-20-2008, 08:42 PM   #5

Saddle Bag Shelves

Yep, I'm happy with the one shelf, and keep a bag liner with riding gear in the other side. I keep the side with the shelf empty to have available when shedding a jacket or chaps.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-20-2008, 10:01 PM   #6

Saddle Bag Shelves

I use the shelf on the right to keep my smaller items (glasses, small flashlight, etc. I keep my left bag available for bulk items (jackets, spare helmet, etc).

Michael K

Old 11-20-2008, 10:02 PM   #7

Saddle Bag Shelves

The Shelves are great.......Very happy with mine

Old 11-21-2008, 09:10 AM   #8

Saddle Bag Shelves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdez (lone Juan)
Yep, I'm happy with the one shelf, and keep a bag liner with riding gear in the other side. I keep the side with the shelf empty to have available when shedding a jacket or chaps.
Oh yeah, I didn't think of that....if you have the shelves, you can't use your bag liners ::)

Cheri Ann
2012 Vulcan Vaquero
VBA #2069

Old 11-21-2008, 09:16 AM   #9

Saddle Bag Shelves

I've mentioned this before, but this is a good place for a repeat. Like I said, mine came with the shelves already, so I don't have the bag liners.

But, I picked up a trick that works perfectly from my Harley ridin' bud. At the dollar store or wal-mart, depending on how much you want to spend, I just got a pair of black nylon tote bags the length and height that is perfect for the space below the shelves. Pack these, zip em up, throw them in and you are done.

Old 11-22-2008, 08:54 AM   #10

Saddle Bag Shelves

Beezer made a set of homemade ones. It was posted on here with pics a while back, you might try that if you are not concerned with looks inside the bag. He made them out of an elongated type milk crate, just cut longways, bent other end over or something like that. You might find that thread and check to out if you wanna get by cheap. ::)