Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 12-29-2007, 10:13 AM   #1

Rider Magazine

I was reading through my latest Rider Magazine and saw an article about 3 friends who rode through parts of Utah. I first thought it was Trip and his buddies, but it was about some guys from Minnesota and California. The trip sure sounded similar to yours Trip. It's a good write up.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 12-29-2007, 10:14 AM   #2

Rider Magazine

Good to know - I'll have to take a peek.

Old 12-29-2007, 10:42 AM   #3
VBA Founder

Rider Magazine

Quote:
I was reading through my latest Rider Magazine and saw an article about 3 friends who rode through parts of Utah. I first thought it was Trip and his buddies, but it was about some guys from Minnesota and California. The trip sure sounded similar to yours Trip. It's a good write up.
Sounds like a good writeup, Kawgirl. I'll have to take a look. On that same subject, there's a magazine here in Texas called Ride Texas Magazine, http://www.ridetexas.com . It's written well and has had some very good trip reports in the past, mainly about Texas roads and places to visit.

I have offered several times to submit articles to the editors of that mag from trips I've taken in the past. They've brushed me off each time. But, what amazes me is, for a while, every time I took a trip and posted the trip report on my website, there would be an article in that mag the next month featuring the same area I traveled.

Coincidence?????
Trip's Website

Custer 09, 18 / Maggie Valley 11 / Eureka Springs 09, 17 / Antlers 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18
Texas Hill Country / Deals Gap / Colorado / Wyoming / Montana / Utah / More trips for Trip

Old 12-29-2007, 11:35 AM   #4

Rider Magazine

I read that too Kawgirl and wondered at first if it was trip's trip. Those guys in the article hit some great roads, and missed some great ones that they were really close to.

Old 12-29-2007, 04:59 PM   #5

Rider Magazine

<blockquote>Sounds like a good writeup, Kawgirl. I'll have to take a look. On that same subject, there's a magazine here in Texas called Ride Texas Magazine, http://www.ridetexas.com . It's written well and has had some very good trip reports in the past, mainly about Texas roads and places to visit.

I have offered several times to submit articles to the editors of that mag from trips I've taken in the past. They've brushed me off each time. But, what amazes me is, for a while, every time I took a trip and posted the trip report on my website, there would be an article in that mag the next month featuring the same area I traveled.

Coincidence?????</blockquote>
Hmmmmmmmmmmm..............sounds like a good possibility.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 12-29-2007, 06:50 PM   #6
Advanced Member

Send a message via MSN to donoller
Rider Magazine

just looked at article had a nomad in picture looks like yours trip i was out there in july on the wing great riding hwy 12 and 24 liket o got blowed off road outside of green river utah
guys behind me thought i was down but my wing come back up think goodness for my avon tires it was raining and at night .never slipped that first time

Old 12-29-2007, 07:13 PM   #7

Rider Magazine

It was a well written article but included almost nothing about the three machines they were riding; a Yamaha Stratoliner, a Harley Road King, and a Nomad. It would have added interest if they had switched bikes for a few hours now and then and offered their impressions since they were going to submit their trip report to a motorcycle magazine.
Patriot Guard
Kawanow #263 (November 2007)
262 Prior Posts

Old 12-29-2007, 08:22 PM   #8

Rider Magazine

Quote:
It was a well written article but included almost nothing about the three machines they were riding; a Yamaha Stratoliner, a Harley Road King, and a Nomad. It would have added interest if they had switched bikes for a few hours now and then and offered their impressions since they were going to submit their trip report to a motorcycle magazine.
Here's a few

http://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/roa...ers/index.html

http://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/roa...son/index.html

http://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/roa...mad/index.html

1600 vs 1500

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/fi...an_1600_nomad/

http://www.motorbyte.com/mmm/pages/2005/80/review80.htm

Old 12-29-2007, 09:28 PM   #9

Rider Magazine

Thanks Wolfman. I've seen a few of these but not all.
Patriot Guard
Kawanow #263 (November 2007)
262 Prior Posts

Old 12-30-2007, 02:09 AM   #10
Mega-Contributor

Rider Magazine

I read that too. Since I am originally from Utah, it caught my eye and I am familiar with most of the areas they visited. Great article.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 12-30-2007, 10:41 AM   #11
Sr. Contributor

Rider Magazine

Probably no coincidence at all, but it's just a club mentality, like anywhere else. You probably need an introduction to one of the staff.

Quote:
[quote:v7ga6yha]I was reading through my latest Rider Magazine and saw an article about 3 friends who rode through parts of Utah. I first thought it was Trip and his buddies, but it was about some guys from Minnesota and California. The trip sure sounded similar to yours Trip. It's a good write up.
Sounds like a good writeup, Kawgirl. I'll have to take a look. On that same subject, there's a magazine here in Texas called Ride Texas Magazine, http://www.ridetexas.com . It's written well and has had some very good trip reports in the past, mainly about Texas roads and places to visit.

Coincidence?????[/quote:v7ga6yha]
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

BMW: When you care enough to ride the very best.

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Rallies: Custer '09|Prairie Du Chien '10|Crescent City '11

Old 12-30-2007, 04:31 PM   #12
Top Contributor

Rider Magazine

I noticed that article too. I also thought it was vaguely familiar to Trip's vacation.
VBA #0002
VBA VP-Global
B.A.C.A. Hoss
2005 "StrongBear" Black/Silver

Todd and BD