Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 03-04-2011, 11:19 PM   #31
Mega-Contributor

concealed carry without a permit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajunrider
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballast
The same is true here in Washington. It against the law to "brandish" your weapon. That is to show it as a form of intimidation. I have used mine once to protect my property while my wife called 911. When the bad guy left up the alley I put it away and pointed the officer in his direction once they arrrived.
But if you are going to pull it you better have the mindset to use it.
A shop owner in a mall here got the "drop" on a shooter. But instead of pulling the trigger to stop the threat he pointed his weapon and talked. He is spending the rest of his life in a wheelchair because the bad guy wasn't in a talking mood.
And to clarify. If I do have to pull the trigger I am shooting to Stop A Threat to myself, a loved one or an innocent. I am not shooting to wound or kill.
So it shall be written, so it shall be done.
That's the way the law is written here Charlie. You can use deadly force to stop the threat. No shooting to injure or kill.....to stop the threat. You can't shoot to protect property here, only to protect life/lives. If a stranger comes through your door in the middle of the night, the assumption is that he's not just looking for a place to take a nap. That is a justified use of deadly force whether he is armed or not. These laws vary from state to state. LA isn't the wild west but the gun laws are pretty liberal here. If you can legally own a firearm, you can carry it openly on your person or in view or concealed in your vehicle. Just don't get caught concealing a weapon on your person if you don't have a permit. Can't carry in church, schools, police stations, governing meetings, and federal buildings. And don't brandish/point a weapon at someone for intimidation. That is also a felony here. You can't carry in a bar and a breathalyzer reading of .03 will get your permit revoked if you are carrying. LA reciprocates with all but 7 states and I think we all know who they are.
I may be wrong, but I believe in Texas you can use deadly force to protect personal property, such as preventing a car theft. I thought I read that somewhere.

There's been a few instances here over the years where someone has caught some punks in the act of stealing his vehicle and has gone to prison for shooting them.

There is a very fine line between shooting someone in self defense and ending up on trial for murder or aggravated assault. You need to know the difference. It isn't exactly the old west, and it isn't like you see in the movies, either.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Login or Register to Remove Ads