Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 03-23-2020, 12:07 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peg View Post
Heheh... Look forward to meeting you (on your new Indian) and the others next summer Mike!
Funny guy Peg. As long as they put this thing back together well, I will still own it. If I get all sorts of issues after they reassemble it...….Well Maybe an Indian. But it will still have to have a radiator.

2016 1700 Vaquero 10/4/2016
2007 1500 Classic W/ Reckless Fairing, 42,000 miles
2004 600 Honda Shadow 18,000 miles
1989 500 Honda CX Custom 55,000 miles
1973 400 Kawi Triple 5,000 miles

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-23-2020, 09:33 PM   #17
Advanced Member

A little off subject here but when you make it for your ride Peg I want to take you'll around the Smokies and through the Tail Of The Dragon if it's on your radar. Love riding them mountains. May get Denny6006 in on it.

Patriot Guard Riders
Sons Of Liberty Riders Alabama Road Captain
2015 Voyager
2003 1500 NOMAD FI sold 6/19
VBA #2993
RUSSELL DAYLONG SEATS ROCK!!
DAMMIT TOOL:
Any handy tool that you grab and throw across the garage while yelling "DAMMIT" at the top of your lungs

There is no substitute for laminar flow in which a helmet is the primary disturbance.

SO MANY ROADS,
SO LITTLE TIME.

Old 05-19-2020, 11:56 AM   #18
Advanced Member

latest iteration

I just bolted on the Freedom true dual racing exhaust this year, and love it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 92465577_563320630980168_2413941817021038592_n.jpg (100.1 KB, 12 views)
Chuckster's tear drop intake, Freedom true dual racing exhaust, Ivan flash, Clearview windscreen, Corbin gunfighter seat, Clockwerk's hugger style front fender, Kawasaki KQR backrest and luggage rack, kuryakyn iso grips and rear passenger boards, front highway pegs, revolutionspeed clutch and primary covers and reservoir and switch box covers and Kuryakyn skeleton rearview mirrors.

Old 05-19-2020, 06:13 PM   #19
Advanced Member

Quote:
The organizer of our trip, "Kiwi Ken" O'Leary, called me this morning... Our trip is off for 2020, and we're now planning to pick up where we left off in 2021. Sturgis still hasn't made it's mind up, but the way things are - shipping our bikes safely & being confident we'd be able to pick them up again your side has gotten a bit flaky... Trying to get back what I can from airfares / insurance is the next job.
There's a federal law that the airlines have to return the air fair if the flight has been cancelled. And a voucher for another day is not acceptable in the eyes of the law.

So don't take no for an answer.

If it's an out of the country air carrier there be another problem but they still are flying into the USA and have laws to abide by. Might be worth a check.

You make a living by what you get,
You make a life by what you give.

The measure of a man can be summed up by
how he treats people who are the least significant to him.

Old 05-19-2020, 07:53 PM   #20
Top Contributor

We had a trip booked from Ontario to Cuba in May. The airline cancelled our flights due to the pandemic. We are getting 50% of the cost back from the credit card company and 50% back from the travel insurance company, nothing from the airline.

Friends from the U.K were going to come and visit us on Air Transat and because Air Transat is a Canadian company and not giving refunds they now have to go after the travel agent they booked the trip with in the U.K. Air Transat gave them the option of a travel voucher for another trip next year but my friends don't want that. Who knows if the airline will still be in business when the pandemic is over.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Last edited by redjay; 05-19-2020 at 09:59 PM.

Old 05-19-2020, 08:52 PM   #21

The problem for us is that so far our flights have not yet been cancelled. We want to cancel them, because the ride is off. So we're entirely in the hands of the airlines (Hawaiian Air to, and Air NZ from). They may cancel those flights, or they may not. If they do, we're good. If not, our travel agent will try to re-schedule them for next year so we can avoid the steep cancellation fee. The travel agent is overwhelmed with others in our situation looking for money back, and they've let most of their staff go to try & stay afloat - so nothing is happening very fast.

I'm not too worried. It should all work out OK eventually.

Nothing screams poor workmanship like wrinkles in the duct tape
'02 1500 blonde Nomad (Sold) '97 800 burgundy Classic (Sold)

Old 05-20-2020, 03:21 PM   #22

An update on the Sturgis Rally........the town is split on whether to have the rally this year or not. I'm thinking that official rally or not, there will be lots of folks showing up to ride the hills. If you are afraid of getting sick...stay at home. I'm riding whenever I get a chance (130 miles yesterday).

Old 05-21-2020, 10:31 AM   #23

Supposedly Sturgis will make a final decision on June 15. Either way I'm sure
tens of thousands will still show up. I'm hoping they all wear masks or (full coverage helmets) to help protect us locals and each other. COVID may or not be blown out of proportion but the numbers of cases and related deaths is growing here in Rapid City (25 miles from Sturgis). If we end up in error about it let's err on the side of caution.
2011 Rally in the Redwoods, CA
2013 National, Estes Park, CO
2013 SE Regional, Blairsville, GA
2014 NW Regional, Orifino, ID
2014 NC/SC Regional in the Ozarks, AR
2016 NC Regional, Hillsboro, WI
2016 E. Canada/NE Regional, Quebec
2017 National, Lake George, NY
2018 SC/NC, Custer, SD
2018 Antlers, OK

Old 05-21-2020, 01:13 PM   #24

Thanks for your thoughts and info Badger Black Hills. Been to the Rally 8 times and really enjoyed my time there. I don't see the Black Hills and surrounding areas disappearing and not providing all riders with the enjoyment of riding. As you have said the cases and deaths are increasing in SD. Might be wise to limit the spread to ensure other successful Rallies. Will the border be open for anything more than essential travel? It must be very stressfull on the local and state residents as well. RIDE SAFE

Old 05-22-2020, 11:22 AM   #25

Currently the SD border is open. It's anybody's guess about the future. Let me know when you can come to the Hills, would love to show you some rides you might not have seen. I've ridden in 9 of your provinces and have enjoyed the country and the people!
2011 Rally in the Redwoods, CA
2013 National, Estes Park, CO
2013 SE Regional, Blairsville, GA
2014 NW Regional, Orifino, ID
2014 NC/SC Regional in the Ozarks, AR
2016 NC Regional, Hillsboro, WI
2016 E. Canada/NE Regional, Quebec
2017 National, Lake George, NY
2018 SC/NC, Custer, SD
2018 Antlers, OK

Old 05-22-2020, 02:21 PM   #26

Thanks Badger for the kind offer of showing us some rides. I don't know if it is possible for us to attend the rally this year. The border I was referring to was the US/Canada border which if any rumours are true may extend into the late summer. Always enjoyed the ride down there and have always been treated first class by the residents through out the US.

Old 05-26-2020, 11:30 PM   #27

Anyone going or planning to go to Sturgis ought to sign up for sturgisridernews.com ....
https://www.buffalochip.com/sturgisr...ws#/category/2

---------------------
Don't start no schit,
there won't be no schit....
*My Sarcasm is directly proportional
to the amount of Stupidity involved*
---------------------
VBA#03239
VROC#37400

VRA
---------------------
2014 Vaquero
2001 Nomad FI
2003 Street Glide (sold)
1500 Meanie, fresh rebuild (sold)
90s BUBF Bobber (sold)
2001 UltraCycle FatPounder (Sold)
1975 HD ElectraGlide (Sold)
1982 Kawasaki Z1 Chopper (Sold)
Suck It Up & Ride!

Last edited by DragonLady58; 05-28-2020 at 04:29 PM.

Old 09-09-2020, 09:38 PM   #28

So I must admit I was surprised that they went ahead and decided to hold Sturgis 80th... And from all the stories I've read & video's & pictures I've seen, there was not much social distancing being practiced.

Predictable result - Research seems to indicate that Sturgis '20 is going to be the biggest "super-spreader" of Covid the world has seen so far. Well over quarter of a million new infections sent out around the USA and overseas. Link here

I'm sorry I missed it this year... And not sorry either, if you know what I mean?

And I'm only hoping that things start to improve before too long, because the outlook for '21 and the 81st event is looking worse as time passes. We're almost resigned now that we'll lose those hotel reservations that a few hotels wouldn't refund, and would only hold over until the '21 event. But the better news was that all our airfares and most of the accommodation got refunded.

Stay safe my 'murrican friends!

Nothing screams poor workmanship like wrinkles in the duct tape
'02 1500 blonde Nomad (Sold) '97 800 burgundy Classic (Sold)

Old 09-09-2020, 10:24 PM   #29
Top Contributor

I am still waiting for the travel insurance provider to pay out for a cancelled trip back in April.

Old 09-09-2020, 11:25 PM   #30

Quote:
So I must admit I was surprised that they went ahead and decided to hold Sturgis 80th... And from all the stories I've read & video's & pictures I've seen, there was not much social distancing being practiced.

Predictable result - Research seems to indicate that Sturgis '20 is going to be the biggest "super-spreader" of Covid the world has seen so far. Well over quarter of a million new infections sent out around the USA and overseas. Link here

I'm sorry I missed it this year... And not sorry either, if you know what I mean?

And I'm only hoping that things start to improve before too long, because the outlook for '21 and the 81st event is looking worse as time passes. We're almost resigned now that we'll lose those hotel reservations that a few hotels wouldn't refund, and would only hold over until the '21 event. But the better news was that all our airfares and most of the accommodation got refunded.

Stay safe my 'murrican friends!
Yeah, would be even worse if Covid-19 was real!!!
- V&H slip-ons
- Triple hi/low beam H4 headlights
- Desert Dawgs
- Half the F&S Catalog