Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 09-17-2007, 11:39 AM   #1

RLC-40 Red Light Changer

Anyone have experience with the RLC-40 Red Light Changer from Biker Hiway? Does it actually work?

I have read that most of these devices do not work, but they claim their magnet is more powerful and will do the trick. There are several lights that cause me a problem in my home town, and I have had this problem while traveling too. I often hit the road early in the summer while days are long, before much traffic is moving, and hate to have to make right turn, U-turn, and another right turn just to go straight through an intersection. Left turns are even worse!

Dan K
Member #100
2009 ST1300: Performance exceeding even Victory riders' boasts.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-17-2007, 12:18 PM   #2

RLC-40 Red Light Changer

There are several jurisdictions in that will allow motorcyclists to treat a red light as a flashing red during certain hours. You would have to check.

I, personally, will wait 2 cycles and they go through it.

Old 09-17-2007, 01:13 PM   #3
Top Contributor

RLC-40 Red Light Changer

We just got the following through the legislation this year in North Carolina. It does not address the problem completely, but it does give you an alternative to feeling like you are "breaking the law"...and after all....who's timing me for 3 minutes...??????

Quote:
GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF NORTH CAROLINA

SESSION 2007

SESSION LAW 2007-260

SENATE BILL 1359

AN ACT to allow the operator of a motorcycle to proceed through an intersection controlled by a traffic signal only if the traffic signal uses an inductive loop vehicle sensor that activates the traffic signal and the inductive loop fails to detect the motorcycle and activate the traffic signal.

The General Assembly of North Carolina enacts:

SECTION 1. G.S. 20‑158 is amended by adding a new subsection to read:

"§ 20‑158. Vehicle control signs and signals.

(e) Defense. – It shall be a defense to a violation of sub-subdivision (b)(2)a. of this section if the operator of a motorcycle, as defined in G.S. 20‑4.01(27)d., shows all of the following:

(1) The operator brought the motorcycle to a complete stop at the intersection or stop bar where a steady red light was being emitted in the direction of the operator.

(2) The intersection is controlled by a vehicle actuated traffic signal using an inductive loop to activate the traffic signal.

(3) No other vehicle that was entitled to have the right-of-way under applicable law was sitting at, traveling through, or approaching the intersection.

(4) No pedestrians were attempting to cross at or near the intersection.

(5) The motorcycle operator who received the citation waited a minimum of three minutes at the intersection or stop bar where the steady red light was being emitted in the direction of the operator before entering the intersection."

SECTION 2. This act becomes effective December 1, 2007, and applies to offenses committed on or after that date.

In the General Assembly read three times and ratified this the 12th day of July, 2007.

Todd Frazier
VBA #0003
VBA National Leader-USA Operations/Garage Moderator - RETIRED
2006 Black Nomad since she was born
Greensboro, NC

Old 09-17-2007, 02:00 PM   #4
Top Contributor

RLC-40 Red Light Changer

I have a red light magnet attached to the bottom of my bike. I'm not sure of the brand, but I know that it works. Around 10 pm here in the Dallas area, the lights revert to sensor and I have gotten the left turn signal or green light when I pulled up.

I swear by this little magnetic strip.
VBA #0002
VBA VP-Global
B.A.C.A. Hoss
2005 "StrongBear" Black/Silver

Todd and BD