Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 11-29-2012, 11:35 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmac View Post
The only other system I know well besides stock in V&H Baggers and mine are set up to have power but as little extra noise as possible. They are louder than stock, but they are not totally out of hand either. Around 70 MPH they become too loud to suit me but i can't ride in NH that fast legally.

90% of my riding is just puttin around at 45 MPH in 5th looking for sallymanders and toads

Your pipes are not what I refer to as loud pipes.
When I rode behind you on the tour of your mountains they did not bother me at all.
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-30-2012, 09:52 PM   #32

When riding in a cage and I hear a motorcycle, I never make any changes in my lane choice until I know where that MC is. I find it easier to hear a MC with slightly louder aftermarket pipes rather than a set of stock pipes. Just my 2 cents.

Old 11-30-2012, 11:59 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle View Post
When riding in a cage and I hear a motorcycle, I never make any changes in my lane choice until I know where that MC is. I find it easier to hear a MC with slightly louder aftermarket pipes rather than a set of stock pipes. Just my 2 cents.
And the exact same thing can be said when riding a motorcycle with stock pipes. I can hear tire hum from the cars coming in the passing lane even if I don't see them, I know they are there.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Old 12-01-2012, 12:54 AM   #34
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
Your pipes are not what I refer to as loud pipes.
When I rode behind you on the tour of your mountains they did not bother me at all.
V&H Baggers with their baffles in and probably all the glass pack blown out by then and now still. A lot of noise is what a man's right hand does.

But now I understand what you mean better.

There are some bike that make so much noise it makes me anger quickly. Just some thing about noises and me. A car horn blaring will set off me too and in a real bad way..

Another problem i have with some bikes is that a few are to quiet. last Spring I got passed on my right in 1 lane, the same lane and i never saw them coming. The first thing I heard was tread noise as they passed me on the inside. I was at the limit maybe 5 over even.

These 2 were like rockets there of a sudden and then gone. I wanted nothing to do with them either.

In fact that was worse in some ways than excessively loud pipes because with the real loud pipes i can get my pistol out first

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it