Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 04-28-2008, 10:48 PM   #16

Send a message via AIM to Idaho
Tire pressure

The odd thing is that that bike did not seem to wander as you all have described. I thought it handled well. Got the wheels back today with the ME880's mounted and Dynabeads inside. Put the front wheel back on and waiting to mount the rear until I can grease the swing arm bearings. It will be interesting to see if I notice any difference in handling characteristics.
VBA #110
VROC #24864
IBA #49753
2007 Nomad 86,000 miles
Bud Smalley
Pocatello, Idaho

Idaho Jack Adapter

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-29-2008, 11:43 AM   #17
Sr. Contributor

Tire pressure

Tell 'us' about the Dynabeads please. I hadn't heard of them and ran a seach in google here:

http://www.innovativebalancing.com/index.html

I read some and can't determine is the beads stay in one place or float around all the time. I don't understand how they find the light places to off set the heavy places either. That is after reading..

On edit i found this, so I guess these move around all the time??

Motorcycles:

"" Note: Motorcycles do not require filtered valve cores. Simply remember to rotate the valve stem somewhere around the 6:00 position before checking air pressure. If you have 90 Deg valve stems, you should give the valve stem a quick shot of compressed air BEFORE checking. ""

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it

Old 04-29-2008, 07:37 PM   #18

Send a message via AIM to Idaho
Tire pressure

Hey Mac, Go back and read the testimonials http://www.innovativebalancing.com/testimonial.htm

There are few members here who have used them and swear by them. I'm like you and can not fathom how they work. I will find out soon enough if they do and then I will post a response. The mech who mounted my tires spun them to check the balance and put weights on the wheels, I had them take the weights off. Gotta have faith, for now.
VBA #110
VROC #24864
IBA #49753
2007 Nomad 86,000 miles
Bud Smalley
Pocatello, Idaho

Idaho Jack Adapter

Old 04-29-2008, 07:51 PM   #19

Tire pressure

I really don't like the idea of things floating around inside the tires. What kind of heat buildup does this cause? What happens if you have to plug the tire? Do LeMans racers run these things? Do they run them at Baja? Do drag racers run them?

Just because they work in a Winnebago doesn't mean I'll put them in my bike.

Old 04-29-2008, 07:56 PM   #20

Tire pressure

I believe Oldbiker put them in his tires a few weeks ago,
it must work by centrificle force, and some beads would fill in the light spots of the tire, while the others spread themselves evenly around the tire.
I wonder if they mark up the rim over time?

i

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-30-2008, 04:51 PM   #21

Tire pressure

Idaho, You will love the ME880's. I have had them on my 2003 Goldwing, 2003 Roadstar and two sets on the 2006 Nomad. Great ride, just keep tabs on the pres.

Old 04-30-2008, 04:55 PM   #22

Tire pressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorgski
Idaho, You will love the ME880's. I have had them on my 2003 Goldwing, 2003 Roadstar and two sets on the 2006 Nomad. Great ride, just keep tabs on the pres.
And the first time you go into a curve don't let the growling scare you. It is what they do. At least on these New York State roads. My buddy has them on his BMW and he said the same thing.
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 04-30-2008, 05:19 PM   #23

Tire pressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorgski
I check my tires 1X a week. I run 34# in the front and 43# in the rear. Metzler M880 is my pick, they ride better and last longer.... I get about 22K out the front and about 14K out of the rear. We ride 2-up 95% of the time and we ride 20K + a year for the last 14 yrs.
Do you really run 34 in your front tire? I've been running 40 front, 43 rear in my Metzelers. They're wearing fine. I wasn't aware you could run them that low. Just askin'.

Old 05-01-2008, 06:45 PM   #24
Sr. Contributor

Tire pressure

Well "White Horse Press in Conway is a dealer for these beads... I plan to give them a try when I mount new skins. I don't plan to run plugs, and if I do it, will be to get home. I have trashed tires with less than 4,000 miles because i just won't ride on a plugged tire... Just won't, other than to go home...

I won't ride on less than 25% of brake pad either, and that counts cars...

The site mention Nitrogen, and I can see that would be a big plus, but no place near me has Nitrogen. I wonder if i can run 10-5-10 fertilizer? ;-)

Metz growel but don't whine like little french whores like the stones do... Going from stones to Metz is like waking up the suspention. You get instant trust as soon as 100 miles has passed or you skuffed the mold release well enough by hand..

i know I would like Avon too, but we are touring here aren't we? Them Avon's get expensive fast...

Dunlop is a good tire IMO for longer term wear, and still better than stones. Atleast OEM stones..

I swear if i could buy a BRAND NEW Nad I would have the dealer rip the stones off before i took delievery....

I run up my tires hard... I like the feeling of flicking a butt ahead of me and feel it when I run it over.. With fuel today at $3.59 for regular you can bet I will do anything to get more MPG's.

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it

Old 05-01-2008, 09:52 PM   #25

Tire pressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmac
Well "

I swear if i could buy a BRAND NEW Nad I would have the dealer rip the stones off before i took delievery....
That's EXACTLY what I did. The stock tires had one mile on 'em. Took them off and installed the Metz. Luv 'em!