Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 09-06-2007, 12:22 PM   #16

How much difference is there

Thanks bro just trying to help out here as much as i can.. :-)

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-06-2007, 02:18 PM   #17
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge

I guess I'm not quite understanding the "you cannot dyno with the Cobra or Techlusion." Dynomometer tuning us just that. You bike is strapped to a Dyno and ran under a load. All three can be tuned this way. With the cheaper Techlusion, you set the first pot with the engine at around 1500-2000 under a load on the dyno and adjust for a mixture of "about" 14:1 air to fuel by having an oxygen sniffer at the mufflers. You adjust the second pot (accelerator) to provide roll on pick up response. Usually these are adjusted to eliminate the dreaded "ping". As you've stated the other two adjust the wide open and when the wide open kicks in.

I guess I was confused about not being able to "dyno". The expensive PCIII overides the ECM to a more finite level; ie, every 250 rpms can be set and fuel can be actually reduced or taken away during these periods. The other two cannot take fuel away.

A negative with the PCIII is that it overides most of the ECM's sensors so that when your bike is in higher altitude it generally will run rich if set for lower elevation. The sensors on the bikes ECM are not in play with the PCIII.

I've heard too many complaints that friends bikes when traveling long distances and crossing mountain passes at high elevation have issues with this rich condition with the PCIII.

The other two, Cobra, and Techlusion intercept signals only at the injector and allow the the stock ECM to adjust using the bikes stock sensors so that the parameters are still in play.

The PCIII does allow for downloads to various "maps" but without knowing what stages of modifications to your bike you've done, the downloads are only "guesses". If you want your bike dynoed then whoever puts the PCIII on your bike needs to strap it on the dyno and set each 250 rpm parameter by hand usually at an additional 300 bucks on top of the cost of the PCIII. There is no such thing as a custom dyno map with actually having the bike on the dyno.

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 09-06-2007, 02:49 PM   #18
Top Contributor

Quote:
[quote:f78c5q66]Didn't take long for this thread to go into the toilet. Too bad, I was hoping that Scoot would get an answer to his question.
IDaho

<marquee>"here at the Rock, we have two rules.....</marquee>[/quote:f78c5q66]

<marquee>#1...Obey ALL Rules........</marquee>

Todd Frazier
VBA #0003
VBA National Leader-USA Operations/Garage Moderator - RETIRED
2006 Black Nomad since she was born
Greensboro, NC

Old 09-06-2007, 03:55 PM   #19
Sr. Contributor

Rule #2.............see rule #1 !!!

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

Member # 0005

Old 09-06-2007, 04:59 PM   #20

Quote:
I guess I'm not quite understanding the "you cannot dyno with the Cobra or Techlusion." Dynomometer tuning us just that. You bike is strapped to a Dyno and ran under a load. All three can be tuned this way. With the cheaper Techlusion, you set the first pot with the engine at around 1500-2000 under a load on the dyno and adjust for a mixture of "about" 14:1 air to fuel by having an oxygen sniffer at the mufflers. You adjust the second pot (accelerator) to provide roll on pick up response. Usually these are adjusted to eliminate the dreaded "ping". As you've stated the other two adjust the wide open and when the wide open kicks in.

I guess I was confused about not being able to "dyno". The expensive PCIII overides the ECM to a more finite level; ie, every 250 rpms can be set and fuel can be actually reduced or taken away during these periods. The other two cannot take fuel away.

A negative with the PCIII is that it overides most of the ECM's sensors so that when your bike is in higher altitude it generally will run rich if set for lower elevation. The sensors on the bikes ECM are not in play with the PCIII.

I've heard too many complaints that friends bikes when traveling long distances and crossing mountain passes at high elevation have issues with this rich condition with the PCIII.

The other two, Cobra, and Techlusion intercept signals only at the injector and allow the the stock ECM to adjust using the bikes stock sensors so that the parameters are still in play.

The PCIII does allow for downloads to various "maps" but without knowing what stages of modifications to your bike you've done, the downloads are only "guesses". If you want your bike dynoed then whoever puts the PCIII on your bike needs to strap it on the dyno and set each 250 rpm parameter by hand usually at an additional 300 bucks on top of the cost of the PCIII. There is no such thing as a custom dyno map with actually having the bike on the dyno.
You are my idol!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-06-2007, 05:05 PM   #21

Send a message via MSN to scion0

Mine too Nico... I bet BD has forgotten more than I'll ever know or at least as much as I have know (or more correctly --- more than I need and want to know)!!

Mike
"Scion0"
VBA#: 0097
Former VBA North Central Asst Regional Leader
St Jude Rides Peoria to Memphis Rider
Retired MSgt, USAF (1979 -99)
"Don't sweat the small stuff, and it's all small stuff!"
Current ride: 2012 H-D Ultra FLHTCU (Black)
Past ride: 2007 Black Nomad

Old 09-06-2007, 05:21 PM   #22

Oh geez scion....... now we're gonna give him a big head!!!

Todd, SWB step up....... BD needs a BIG head!!!!

<marquee></marquee>

Old 09-06-2007, 05:26 PM   #23

Old 09-06-2007, 05:53 PM   #24
Top Contributor

<marquee>Taadaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!</marquee>

<marquee></marquee>

Todd Frazier
VBA #0003
Greensboro, NC

Old 09-06-2007, 06:13 PM   #25
Top Contributor

Quote:
Rule #2.............see rule #1 !!!
Well, it was actually "no writing on the walls....takes a lot of work to erase the writing off those walls" ??? ???

But I like the way ur thinkin!

Todd Frazier
VBA #0003
Greensboro, NC

Old 09-06-2007, 06:19 PM   #26
Sr. Contributor

Yea, I know that line too....this was just funnier! LOL Barneys the man!!!! When it would get dicey and he'd ask Andy if he should pull his bullet out of his front pocket I'd bout' sh*t my pants with laughter. We all know a Barney or two!!!

Todd, you may poke fun at my big head, but I just got hired to do the Jack in the Box commercials!!!!!!

Member # 0005

Old 09-06-2007, 06:22 PM   #27
Top Contributor

Brother, I know you have not seen a pic of me without a helmet....but I too have the same issue.....a 7 7/8 is tight.....XXL helmet at a minimum.....thats how I came up with the Flintstone thing...Had a neighbor that used to call me FRED........

Todd Frazier
VBA #0003
Greensboro, NC

Old 09-06-2007, 06:40 PM   #28
Sr. Contributor

Todd 2XL is the minimum that will fit my noggin. I have a couple of 3XL hats. Brain, all brain!!!!!

Member # 0005

Old 09-06-2007, 06:56 PM   #29
Top Contributor

I tell that lie....uh, claim that too!!!

Todd Frazier
VBA #0003
Greensboro, NC

Old 09-06-2007, 07:08 PM   #30

No wonder we get along....... I wear 7 7/8 XXL... too funny!

p.s. Todd... did I hear him ay Jack in the Box????? lol

<marquee></marquee>