Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 02-15-2012, 02:38 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dank View Post
So tank to tank you are consistently seeing variation of less than 2 miles distance traveled on 4 gallons of gas. (Less than plus or minus 0.25 mpg around your average) Hats off to you! You must have a very steady throttle hand and constant route, wind, and temperature. Our weather and road conditions must vary more here in Michigan.
Anyway, glad you like the new tire!
My daily travel is sooooo predictable. Boring, boring boring. Being on a get out of debt plan makes life nothing more than work and home, work and home, work and home... I do practice my slow speed maneuvers 3 times a week for 15 to 20 minutes as MC skills are very very important to me. Any small trips I have had to take I removed from my list of mpg averages for this post.
Two more years and I will finally get to have fun again.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-18-2012, 03:20 PM   #17

Living in Wyoming whrer the wind blows most of the time I can tell you that my nomad mpg will change well over 4mpg heading into the wind compaired to having a tail wind. I never much paid att. to gas milage other than full or need to stop. 2 wheels down to all.

Old 03-09-2012, 08:46 PM   #18

I am now 3 more fill-ups in and my milage is up about 4 mpgs. I am still only going to work and back. I think this new tire forced me to not lug the engine. At the speed limit, the engine is noticeably faster, but only by a little bit. The last two tanks I started riding just a little bit more aggressive, and they show the most improvement. I think I was trying to baby it soooo much for milage that I was doing more harm then good.

Old 03-11-2012, 10:07 AM   #19

Not sure on the CT and fuel mileage as I dont have one on the bike yet. What is this speedo healer your talking about, and where do you get something like that?
KawaNow #01849

Old 03-11-2012, 07:46 PM   #20

Know your true speed

http://www.healtech-electronics.com/

Login or Register to Remove Ads