Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 06-08-2020, 07:34 AM   #1

Light Modulator

Just a tid bit FYI...
I recently purchased a Kisan P115W for my bike. (2019 Kawasaki Voyager) I must say it is a great unit. Now, I have tried the signal dynamics unit but this puts it to shame. For one, much easier to install with only the 2 plugs. I did not have to buy any adapters to make it work. Such a small footprint made it a breeze. The light sensor is a lot better as well. The wire is thicker, the plug in is great but what I like most is the threaded end is metal. The other guys’ is plastic and a pain to get the threaded nut on without cross thread.
Only thing I had to research is how to put the sensor into LED mode. Did not find anything in the book about it. Found it in one of the reviews off of Amazon. Other than that, it’s a great unit so far. Only a few mfg on the market are making one that works with the LED bulbs.
VBA #02943

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-08-2020, 10:32 AM   #2

There is no "LED mode", it works with incandescent or LEDs without having to set which you are using. The modulation technique used (Pulse Wave Modulation or PWM) works for incandescent or LEDs. Before LEDs, modulators worked by varying voltage or current, but that does not work for LEDs. A lot of them still use that, but more and more are making them LED compatible.