Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 08-04-2018, 06:13 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbarr10 View Post
Peg, I'm not sure I am worth 50 bucks. But I do Know you only recommend good things. ...
I've been burned too many times. These sort of things aren't easily available in NZ, or if they are they're very expensive. So if I take the time & trouble to import something myself, I need to know it'll work as well as I want it to. The cost of shipping will usually double the outlay to bring something like that down here, so the last thing I want to do is have to get another one in if the first one was no good.

I checked mine - it's actually a Dynaplug branded inflator, but is identical to that Powershot one I linked to, and I got the thing through Amazon. They're more expensive now than they were then.

Nothing screams poor workmanship like wrinkles in the duct tape
'02 1500 blonde Nomad (Sold) '97 800 burgundy Classic (Sold)

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-04-2018, 09:01 PM   #17

Quote:
I've been burned too many times. These sort of things aren't easily available in NZ, or if they are they're very expensive. So if I take the time & trouble to import something myself, I need to know it'll work as well as I want it to. The cost of shipping will usually double the outlay to bring something like that down here, so the last thing I want to do is have to get another one in if the first one was no good.
Yes, I understand your dilemma living on an Island in the South Pacific, Living the Dream. This is why I respect your recommendations. Easy to order parts in the USA, yet tough to get good leadership in the Executive Branch.

2016 1700 Vaquero 10/4/2016
2007 1500 Classic W/ Reckless Fairing, 42,000 miles
2004 600 Honda Shadow 18,000 miles
1989 500 Honda CX Custom 55,000 miles
1973 400 Kawi Triple 5,000 miles

Old 08-05-2018, 08:37 AM   #18
Advanced Member

http://www.my-airman.com/product/tir...ons/easy-rider

I purchased here and appears to be an older version that I prefer more than current

https://www.the-perfect-present.com/...easyrider.html

Old 08-05-2018, 08:53 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumberjack View Post
http://www.my-airman.com/product/tir...ons/easy-rider

I purchased here and appears to be an older version that I prefer more than current

https://www.the-perfect-present.com/...easyrider.html
That is the exact same pump I have, but may no be under the air man name. Bought it at Canadian tire at least 6-7 years ago but without the sealant bottle, wasn’t very expensive and still going strong. I did remove the cig plug and replaced it with two pin plug so I can plug it directly into my battery tender lead.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Old 08-05-2018, 10:33 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnc View Post
I always keep the bike running when I use the compressor, eliminates the battery drain concern.
My luck, I would have a flat on a long, steep decline and nothing around to block the tires. I couldn't run the bike in neutral because it would roll off the stand.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-05-2018, 11:48 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre-t View Post
My luck, I would have a flat on a long, steep decline and nothing around to block the tires. I couldn't run the bike in neutral because it would roll off the stand.
Phil, I try to avoid stops on long steep inclines with round tires, especially up hills, so I think I would be inclined ( pardon the pun ) to roll on the flat slowly till it was level ground

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Old 08-06-2018, 02:25 PM   #22
Mega-Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre-t View Post
I have a Suaoki Jump Starter kit that came with an air compressor. The compressor is a lot like the Slime unit. Apparently, they are not making a kit with the compressor included anymore, but they still jump starter batteries and a compressor that will work with them.

I have jumped several cars with the battery and Patriot's bike when he had battery/charging problems on the Cabot Trail in Nova Scotia. I have used the battery to run my CPAP, charge devices and my laptop when camping, etc. Very useful to have.

If you are inflating after a flat, one of those compressors could drain your bike battery quite a bit. If it is already weak, that could leave you stranded. A 18,000 mAh or more jump starter battery has plenty of juice to inflate both the front and the back with some mAh to spare.
So run the engine to power the inflator.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 08-06-2018, 04:05 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjack View Post
So run the engine to power the inflator.
Seems to be an echo in here.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136