Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 05-22-2018, 02:10 PM   #1

Luverne Lowering Links

I wanted to inform the forum members of a development in the hopes of gaining and or retaining your support.
Several years ago we saw the need for an inexpensive method of lowering the seat height of a Kawasaki 1700 Voyager, Vaquero and Nomad. At about this time a good customer with a Vaquero came in our shop with a lowered Vaquero. He had modified a link for a different bike to make it fit. After some discussion with him he gave us the green light to take his idea and run with it. At the time it was very crude. Worked fine but needed strengthened and refined. We did that and have since made 4 or 5 modifications in both the design and means of production to ensure a safe and functional product. Our links enjoy a zero% failure rate. The same link for the Vaquero works for the Voyager and Nomad but they both have a bag support that would hit the shocks in their new position. We developed the design and the instructions to modify them so that the links could be sold for all 3 bikes. All told we have hundreds of hours invested in creating and redesigning this product. Recently I found a fab shop selling lowering links that look like ours. Upon closer inspection the installation instructions appear to be a direct copy and paste of our instructions. Going back in our sales records, we did in fact sell a set to the same town this fab shop is in. They're links are the same concept and close copy but do have one major design flaw that we decided not to do years ago. They are not the same links as ours.
At the end of the day I want to inform folks the Luverne Links are the original, the strongest, the safest and the best links available. All other links you may see are from a company that is short on ethics, integrity and ideas of their own. I would appreciate if you're in the market for a means to lower your Kawasaki 1700 that you remember, we put in the work, the money and the time to get these links to market. We did not steal someone else's ideas.
Thank you
Rick

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-24-2018, 08:20 AM   #2

Thanks for your efforts!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvernekaw View Post
I wanted to inform the forum members of a development in the hopes of gaining and or retaining your support.
Several years ago we saw the need for an inexpensive method of lowering the seat height of a Kawasaki 1700 Voyager, Vaquero and Nomad. At about this time a good customer with a Vaquero came in our shop with a lowered Vaquero. He had modified a link for a different bike to make it fit. After some discussion with him he gave us the green light to take his idea and run with it. At the time it was very crude. Worked fine but needed strengthened and refined. We did that and have since made 4 or 5 modifications in both the design and means of production to ensure a safe and functional product. Our links enjoy a zero% failure rate. The same link for the Vaquero works for the Voyager and Nomad but they both have a bag support that would hit the shocks in their new position. We developed the design and the instructions to modify them so that the links could be sold for all 3 bikes. All told we have hundreds of hours invested in creating and redesigning this product. Recently I found a fab shop selling lowering links that look like ours. Upon closer inspection the installation instructions appear to be a direct copy and paste of our instructions. Going back in our sales records, we did in fact sell a set to the same town this fab shop is in. They're links are the same concept and close copy but do have one major design flaw that we decided not to do years ago. They are not the same links as ours.
At the end of the day I want to inform folks the Luverne Links are the original, the strongest, the safest and the best links available. All other links you may see are from a company that is short on ethics, integrity and ideas of their own. I would appreciate if you're in the market for a means to lower your Kawasaki 1700 that you remember, we put in the work, the money and the time to get these links to market. We did not steal someone else's ideas.
Thank you
Rick
Wow that sucks. I have been using your design for several years and it is greatly Appreciated. Having the bike lowered along with Ivan's ECU flash are without a doubt the 2 best mods I've made to my bike. Thanks for your efforts!!

"People ask us why we ride a motorcycle. For those who have experienced the joy, no explanation is necessary; for those who have not, no explanation is possible."

Tom Centofanti
Florence, NJ
VBA#3676

Last edited by BlueStreak07; 07-25-2018 at 07:32 AM.

Old 06-19-2018, 08:36 AM   #3

My links are being delivered as I speak. Can't wait! Thank you!!

Old 06-19-2018, 06:10 PM   #4

How much lower does the Luverne Lowering Links lower the bike?

Old 06-19-2018, 09:53 PM   #5

Approximately 3/4".
Auxillary Lights
Kuryakyn Longhorn Highway Pegs
Mustang Seat

VBA #: 3681

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-20-2018, 03:34 PM   #6

Our Luverne lowering links lower the seat height exactly 3/4". I always add because 3/4" doesn't sound like its worth doing, The difference in "feel" is huge. With a 30" inseam the balls of my feet are on the ground with a stock bike. Install our links and my heels are firmly on the ground. Most people report that the 3/4" drop 'feels' more like an inch and a half. feel free to contact me at luvernekaw@gmail.com
Thanks
Rick

Last edited by Luvernekaw; 08-02-2022 at 05:46 PM.

Old 06-20-2018, 03:36 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmet012001 View Post
My links are being delivered as I speak. Can't wait! Thank you!!
Thanks for the purchase! You're going to love it, I promise!
Please don't forget to post on here when you're done. Past customers are our best sales force.
Thanks
Rick

Old 06-22-2018, 04:33 PM   #8

Quote:
Thanks for the purchase! You're going to love it, I promise!
Please don't forget to post on here when you're done. Past customers are our best sales force.
Thanks
Rick
I get it back on Monday along with my Ivan's ecu flash... I will definately post about it.. For sure... It's going to be a whole new bike!!

Thanks Again... Wes

Old 06-26-2018, 05:48 PM   #9

I'm flat footed!!!! Great product. Thank you.

Old 06-30-2018, 01:35 PM   #10
Advanced Member

Put a set on my 1700 nomad yesterday and I love them.. dropped by 1 inch flat footed now and bike corners better with my front 21 inch.Instruction were A 1 + by Luverne Kawasaki.

Tkx Again Rick
Nomad 2010
Voyager trunk
Alleycat intake / YVANIZE ECU, Freedom performance 2 into 1
Kuryaken grip with Throttle mod
lost of chrome add on
Sound digital 1200.4 2 ohm
6 x 9 MPX 690 Hertz in custom fairing
6.5 hcx hertz speakers in hard bags
6.5 MPX hertz in pods

Old 07-03-2018, 07:02 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcanrider03 View Post
Put a set on my 1700 nomad yesterday and I love them.. dropped by 1 inch flat footed now and bike corners better with my front 21 inch.Instruction were A 1 + by Luverne Kawasaki.

Tkx Again Rick
You're very welcome, thank you!
And thanks for the shout out, we appreciate it.
Rick

Old 07-03-2018, 10:23 PM   #12

Quote:
You're very welcome, thank you!

And thanks for the shout out, we appreciate it.

Rick

What do you charge to put them in on a 2013 Voyager and also what kind of time does it take?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt Cantin
Mound,MN

VBA #03074

@mdcantin

2013 Voyager Pearl Crystal White / Metallic Phantom Silver
Vance & Hines Twin Slash Cut
Ivan's Performance ECU flash
Kuryakyn Alley Cat Air
Metrix KVR Amplifier & Speakers
iPod Adapter Kit

Old 07-06-2018, 10:46 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcantin View Post
What do you charge to put them in on a 2013 Voyager and also what kind of time does it take?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We closed our dealership last Dec. and no longer employ any service staff. Any good service shop that can do 4 simple cuts and welds on the 1/2" round saddlebag support can install them on the Voyager. Everything except the bag support mod is all bolt on stuff. We did them in approximately 2 hours. A first time installer shouldn't be much behind that. We include detailed step by step instructions so there's nothing to "figure out".

Note for Vaquero owners: Vaquero lowering links are 100% bolt on. Nothing needs modified in any way.

Any other questions please don't hesitate to contact me directly,
Luvernekaw@gmail.com

Thanks
Rick

Last edited by Luvernekaw; 08-02-2022 at 05:47 PM.

Old 07-06-2018, 03:53 PM   #14

How much does this impact the ground clearance and floorboard grinding in turns? Do you possibly have any photos of the before and after as it pertains to ground clearance? Thanks

18 Voyager 1700

Old 07-09-2018, 03:49 PM   #15

Quote:
We closed our dealership last Dec. and no longer employ any service staff. Any good service shop that can do 4 simple cuts and welds on the 1/2" round saddlebag support can install them on the Voyager. Everything except the bag support mod is all bolt on stuff. We did them in approximately 2 hours. A first time installer shouldn't be much behind that. We include detailed step by step instructions so there's nothing to "figure out".

Note for Vaquero owners: Vaquero lowering links are 100% bolt on. Nothing needs modified in any way.

Any other questions please don't hesitate to contact me directly,
Luvernekaw@iw.net
or
507-283-1800 leave a message.
Thanks
Rick
Rick,

I will be emailing you shortly to discuss a set for my 2016 Vaquero.

Ive been looking for a kit like this!!

Thanks!

Last edited by WizardOI; 07-09-2018 at 05:30 PM.