Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 07-19-2016, 06:04 PM   #1

Question Vacquero/Voyageur frame

Looking at both bikes this past weekend. Was able to demo the voyageur and really liked it I suppose because I drive a 2013 Nomad it was practically the same ride and handling. They did not have a Vacquero to demo so I was wondering if the vacquero and voyageur have the same frame. They seem to have many characteristics that are the same. Any info. would be appreciated.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-19-2016, 07:34 PM   #2
Advanced Member

Yes.

2010 Vulcan Voyager, 2007 Vulcan Mean Streak, 2009 Vulcan Nomad

Old 07-19-2016, 07:36 PM   #3
Advanced Member

If you're going to ride 2 up and tour, get the Voyager.

One up, and light touring, the sexier Vaquero.

Old 07-19-2016, 11:46 PM   #4

Many differences.
Suspension (and comfort), Seat (and as a result different backrest available), Windshield, Passenger foot pegs, saddlebags, driving lights.

Old 07-20-2016, 11:32 PM   #5

Just got back from work. Thanks for the replies. The voyageur is about $1000.00 more in Canada but comes with lowers, tourpack, running lights and passenger boards like my nomad. So I guess for the dollar value the voyiageur is better. However I probably won't use the tour pack as I don't like the look of the tour pack. I would have to figger out something to finish it off if I take off the tour pack and tour pack base. Time to do more research. Thanks again. I don't normally have a passenger so removing the tour pack would probably make it close to a vacquero.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Last edited by ballbreaker; 07-20-2016 at 11:34 PM.

Old 07-21-2016, 12:33 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballbreaker View Post
Just got back from work. Thanks for the replies. The voyageur is about $1000.00 more in Canada but comes with lowers, tourpack, running lights and passenger boards like my nomad. So I guess for the dollar value the voyiageur is better. However I probably won't use the tour pack as I don't like the look of the tour pack. I would have to figger out something to finish it off if I take off the tour pack and tour pack base. Time to do more research. Thanks again. I don't normally have a passenger so removing the tour pack would probably make it close to a vacquero.
It's not all that hard to strip off the trunk. Someone did that and posted it on this forum, that other vulcanforums.com that won't be named or both.

Old 07-22-2016, 08:35 PM   #7

Thanks for the info. I will check out the otherrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr forum

Old 07-23-2016, 08:31 AM   #8
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballbreaker View Post

You could buy the Nomad backrest with Luggage Rack I have for sale, and store your trunk, or sell it to a Nomad owner who wants a trunk.

http://vulcanbagger.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43774

Old 07-23-2016, 08:44 AM   #9

Thanks for the offer. Not sure which way I am going yet as I am presently looking at a vaquero. I already have a cobra luggage rack from my nomad so would probably only be interested in the backrest if I go the voyageur route. THanks