Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 05-15-2016, 11:31 AM   #16
Top Contributor

Congrats!

VN 800 A - VN 900 Classic
VN 1700 Vaquero

Usque ad finem.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-16-2016, 08:26 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erilflynn View Post
I'm getting ready to order a windshield too. I would like a Clearview but think even a small will be too tall for me (I'm 5'7"). How does a small fit you? Could you have gotten a medium? Thanks.
The small clearview, on my bike, is just below my mouth. I did wonder if a medium would be better, but since riding with it for about a 1000 kms, I dont think it would be worth replacing it.
Get the small with tint, it'll work just right.
I wouldn't bother with the venting either. It'll interfere with cleaning, unless your summers are extreme.

Old 05-21-2016, 02:31 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoeney View Post
Will doing the Ivan jeopardize the warranty?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
I'd like to know this as well

Old 05-21-2016, 04:41 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADTIME View Post
I'd like to know this as well
Search Ivan's thread for the word "warranty"... Your answer is in there.

Nothing screams poor workmanship like wrinkles in the duct tape
'02 1500 blonde Nomad (Sold) '97 800 burgundy Classic (Sold)

Old 05-25-2016, 03:07 PM   #20

Start with Ivan and save $Thousands$

Congrats and welcome. I wish the flash was available when I got into the game. I can tell you, I spent 3-4 times the cost of the Ivan's Flash to get my ride where I was comfortable with it. Pipes, BAK, fuel tuner and the aggravation alone could of been eliminated. Ivan has changed the game. It can be tweaked beyond Ivan's Flash, but only minimally in my opinion.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-25-2016, 05:26 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoeney View Post
Will doing the Ivan jeopardize the warranty?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
http://www.vulcanbagger.com/forums/s...39&postcount=7

2005 Vulcan Nomad Sold
2006 Honda 1800 VTX (Freebie) Sold
2008 Harley Ultra Classic Sold
2001 Harley Ultra Classic Sold

Hangtown, Kalifornia

VBA #2625

Old 06-05-2016, 03:46 PM   #22

Hello Again

I have been enjoying the new ride for about 10 days now. Been extremely busy with the new job and trying to play with the new toy.

I have some pictures from a nice long ride last weekend, when I was done and back home I had piled up over 400 miles for the day ( the odo read 99 miles when I picked it up)

I noticed within the first 3 minutes that a new windshield is needed, I have a medium clearview on the way already.

Thanks everyone for the warm wishes and help I have already received.

Just had the 600 mile service done by the Kawasaki dealership. And now its time to install the V&H Propipe and Thunder MFG intake.

My only question so far is about the ECU Flash. The dealership where I bought it recommends a local business that will put the bike on the dyno and re-program the ecu with a custom map from the data they get on the dyno. Should I do that or go with the proven flash that Ivan has available? Thoughts? I also asked the mechanic at my dealership about the warranty and the ECU flash. He said that reprogramming the ECU would indeed void the warranty but they have no way to check the ECU for 'stock' flash. Also, if they had to send the ecu into kawasaki for inspection(has not happened in years) I could run up the road (if done locally) and have the 'stock build' reflashed.

Please help me out and decide on the Ivan ECU Flash or the Local dyno shop

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20160530_160343.jpg (98.1 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20160530_160253.jpg (96.9 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20160530_160314.jpg (99.4 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20160530_171841.jpg (98.9 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20160530_202503.jpg (95.8 KB, 30 views)
-ECU Ivanized
-Clearview medium with recurve

Old 06-05-2016, 05:39 PM   #23
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Dutch View Post
Hello Again

I have been enjoying the new ride for about 10 days now. Been extremely busy with the new job and trying to play with the new toy.

I have some pictures from a nice long ride last weekend, when I was done and back home I had piled up over 400 miles for the day ( the odo read 99 miles when I picked it up)

I noticed within the first 3 minutes that a new windshield is needed, I have a medium clearview on the way already.

Thanks everyone for the warm wishes and help I have already received.

Just had the 600 mile service done by the Kawasaki dealership. And now its time to install the V&H Propipe and Thunder MFG intake.

My only question so far is about the ECU Flash. The dealership where I bought it recommends a local business that will put the bike on the dyno and re-program the ecu with a custom map from the data they get on the dyno. Should I do that or go with the proven flash that Ivan has available? Thoughts? I also asked the mechanic at my dealership about the warranty and the ECU flash. He said that reprogramming the ECU would indeed void the warranty but they have no way to check the ECU for 'stock' flash. Also, if they had to send the ecu into kawasaki for inspection(has not happened in years) I could run up the road (if done locally) and have the 'stock build' reflashed.

Please help me out and decide on the Ivan ECU Flash or the Local dyno shop

Thanks
Go with Ivan's reflash. There is no way the anybody else can compete with what he does.
If Ivan does the reflash he will return it to the stock flash free of charge. I don't think anybody else will match that.

Also, I have the Clearview windshield. I bough a taller one. I don't remember which, but there was a reflection of the chrome from the handlebars at eye level. Real annoying. Pulled it off and gave it to a friend.

I reordered a short one and it is what I should have done in the first place. I'm 5'8" , Hank is about 6'2". So it fit him.

You make a living by what you get,
You make a life by what you give.

The measure of a man can be summed up by
how he treats people who are the least significant to him.

Old 06-05-2016, 06:24 PM   #24

Another vote for Ivan's re-flash

He has proven himself to us on this product and like mentioned above you can go back stock for no charge.

If I run into a situation where I need to go back I will buy a used ECU and keep the original Ivanized. My chances of that happening are if California goes to an annual inspection of street bikes. If that did happen I would switch to the stock ECU to pass inspection and then install the Ivanized ECU after inspection.

2005 Vulcan Nomad Sold
2006 Honda 1800 VTX (Freebie) Sold
2008 Harley Ultra Classic Sold
2001 Harley Ultra Classic Sold

Hangtown, Kalifornia

VBA #2625

Old 06-05-2016, 10:35 PM   #25

Congrats on new bike! I picked up my 16 on Wednesday rode it home 10 miles and pulled the ecu to send to Ivan's, had his flash in my last bike and it was the best mod, along with all the members here raving about it it just made sense. Also have V&H slip ons and thunder tear drop intake on the way.

Old 06-06-2016, 09:41 AM   #26

Congrats on the new job and bike. I have the 2012 SE myself. I am 5'10" and have the Clearview Small Light-Gray with Vent on mine and love it. I wear a half helmet and don't have buffeting and can see just over the top if it rains. I am going to be sending my ECU in a couple weeks, so can't speak on that yet. Other than that, I would suggest some Cobra or V&H slipons for exhaust. I did not see any reason to get the FP full system. Very happy the my Cobra Scallop Tip slipons. Keep it safe.
VBA #01416
2012 Vaquero SE Candy-Lime Green/Black
aka "T'Kehla"
2005 Nomad 1600 Black/Silver
aka "Mystique" (SOLD)
2006 Vulcan Classic
aka "Lil'Wolf" (SOLD)

"Life isn't a race; no one gets out alive. May as well slow down and enjoy the ride."

Old 06-06-2016, 05:37 PM   #27
Advanced Member

Congratulations! I wanted the '12 SE bad, but couldn't justify it next to the Voyager. To much the same bike. So, I swapped in the Nomad backrest, and wind deflector when I wanted to be 'cool'.

2010 Vulcan Voyager, 2007 Vulcan Mean Streak, 2009 Vulcan Nomad

Old 06-08-2016, 11:01 PM   #28
Advanced Member

The Vance and Hines pro pipe will work just fine and make good power along with the Thunder intake. Bike looks good with the bag flames stripped off to, and yes, go with Ivan's proven tune....well worth every cent invested and then some.
Chuckster's tear drop intake, Freedom true dual racing exhaust, Ivan flash, Clearview windscreen, Corbin gunfighter seat, Clockwerk's hugger style front fender, Kawasaki KQR backrest and luggage rack, kuryakyn iso grips and rear passenger boards, front highway pegs, revolutionspeed clutch and primary covers and reservoir and switch box covers and Kuryakyn skeleton rearview mirrors.