Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 12-24-2015, 05:21 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peg View Post
Top 'o the evening to you Mick... Sun's gone over the yard-arm on Christmas Eve down here, so I've tipped a couple of nice ales in while sitting on the deck already. It seemed a better option than mowing the lawns (It's summer down here after all).

I'm sure the weather isn't quite like this where you are - but I'm also sure you'll enjoy yourself over the Christmas period just the same... Best wishes to you & yours.

The badge on the back of the vehicle in your sig line reminds me for no good reason of a bumper sticker I saw on the back of a truck on the way to work the other day... it said "I drive like a wanker". I'd say he's guaranteed no one following too closely with a warning like that?

And a merry Christmas to you too mate.You are right about the weather,it's 10am Chrismas eve here, and it's pissing down with rain.Although the sun is booked in for about 1pm,i wont be going anywhere,my bike is still farting about and i will be pulling it apart again.I am booked in for a show on Boxing day,and a charity run new year's day,so i got to get it sorted.

FOOTNOTE.
The O ring's that came with the new inlet manifold were not thick enough,and were sucking in air.I got some from a local shop 10 minute's before they closed on Christmas eve.All is good in my world,hope it is in your's too.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Last edited by mick56; 12-24-2015 at 12:42 PM.

Old 12-24-2015, 05:21 AM   #17

Thumbs Up

[QUOTE=Peg;647565]I recall that Jared used a rear MCII on the front of his Nomad, turned around. Very similar tread pattern, but very much deeper - giving the tire an extremely long life.

Peg, I too remember Jared posting that a while back. I had forgotten all about the rear on front tyre shuffle. And if it is available in a 130 size that def changes the game a bit.

scooter, I never leave home without my little bag o bits, tomcat and mini jumpstarter

Old 12-24-2015, 06:05 AM   #18
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick56 View Post
If you are thinking of putting a tyre sealer in them,i offer this experience.Dont waste your money,they dont work.I have used "Puncture safe" and "Slime" they are both crap.I got puncure's with both of them,and all they did was spray all up inside my back mudguard.To add insult to injury,both companies claimed that "if the integrity of the tyre is compromised,we accept no responsibility".I call that bullshit,but got nowhere with my complaint.Enjoy your ride mate,it's a hell of a country.
I agree with you mate! Slime dont work, but I think someone here posted a link to the Ride On Tyre sealant, and this is the one to get mate!

2008 1600 Nomad 56K miles "BlueBelle"

2004 1500 Nomad 102 K miles "Black Beauty"

ABATE Black Creek Chapter

Amvet Rider Post 86
http://www.facebook.com/AmvetPost86

Weston A. Price Foundation member.

Vegetarian......
An old Indian word meaning "Bad Hunter"

Legalize Freedom!
Question Authority!

"Im in love with the waitress, and I dont even know her name"
"Boys" Gone Wild" ! Mainstreet Station 2012 Daytona Bikeweek

Old 12-24-2015, 06:14 AM   #19
Advanced Member

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?...0reviews&type=

Just awesome

MATTHEW in CA

Comments On Nov 02, 2014:I kept seeing this stuff mentioned on various dual sport tire balancing threads. I'm very anti-slime so I really didn't want to like this stuff. So glad that I did. My ride became 10x smoother and I've already been saved from a nail. When it comes time to change the tire its not your usual slime mess. It's all contained at the deepest part of the tire and it stays put when you remove the tire. Any mess on the rim dissolves almost instantly with soap and water. Great product that will be in all of my tires from now on.

2008 1600 Nomad 56K miles "BlueBelle"

2004 1500 Nomad 102 K miles "Black Beauty"

ABATE Black Creek Chapter

Amvet Rider Post 86
http://www.facebook.com/AmvetPost86

Weston A. Price Foundation member.

Vegetarian......
An old Indian word meaning "Bad Hunter"

Legalize Freedom!
Question Authority!

"Im in love with the waitress, and I dont even know her name"
"Boys" Gone Wild" ! Mainstreet Station 2012 Daytona Bikeweek

Last edited by roadhawg; 12-24-2015 at 06:19 AM.

Old 12-24-2015, 07:28 AM   #20

All of these product's have an impressive video that would convince anyone,it worked with me.But i have used slime,and i can assure you it did'nt work,it just covered the back of my bike in sticky green shit,and left me stranded mile's from home.I fixed it later with a simple plug kit.The company made all kind's of excuses about the integrity of the tyre being compromised in an unusual way,Bollock's,it had a nail in the middle of the tread,where else would it be ffs ! The bloke's in the video are turning that wheel by hand,giving the slime plenty of time to fill the hole,doing 80mph the stuff is spread out so thin,and it has no time to react with the air and go hard,it just get's spurted out of the hole,while the tyre deflate's.I'ts crap,end of story.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Last edited by mick56; 12-24-2015 at 11:47 AM.

Old 12-26-2015, 03:02 AM   #21

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/181903362...84.m1436.l2649

Bingo !!!
Can't complain about the price either considering I ponied up $170aus (with a discount)for my rear over a year ago. Time to punch the buy button :)

Peg, thanks for the reminder mate

Old 12-26-2015, 04:10 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/181903362...84.m1436.l2649

Bingo !!!
Can't complain about the price either considering I ponied up $170aus (with a discount)for my rear over a year ago. Time to punch the buy button :)

Peg, thanks for the reminder mate

That would be double the money here.

Old 12-27-2015, 08:27 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick56 View Post
That would be double the money here.
Totally agree Mick. I was in London and Liverpool back in Sep/Oct and when I had time to poke my nose into bike shops the price of bikers items/parts/clothing seemed higher but I guess you just have to shop around best you can.
Cheers all and hope you all had a good Christmas :)
Pete.