Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 07-08-2015, 01:57 PM   #1
Top Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to rickyboy
Checking in !

Copied from "Good Morning" pg.

Good morning to everyone!! It's been a while....I've been busy working around the house redoing the sun deck. All done but the staining, and I'll do that when it cools down and the pressure treated lumber dries out. Probably Sept.. Also as some of you might know already, via my Facebook pg., that only 6 months after my Dad passed away [ Christmas ], my Mom had a massive heart attack and passed away. Actually a God send.... with her having dementia it would have been horrible if she had, had a stroke and lost her motor skills too. We thought for sure she would live for a long time yet. So although my sister and I had pretty much cleaned their house out, it's been busy selling the place and keeping up the yard at my folks house. ..... It looks to be sold but waiting on probate now.
I haven't even insured the Nomad yet !! I know..... not acceptable but thats the way it goes. I hope to get a permit or a couple of months insurance on it this yr. still. Next yr. I hope/believe things will be different. I have made some time for "judygirl" and myself to get out with the travel trailer. We picked it up in Calgary and made the trek south as far as Yuma/Mexico and then up the west coast. 5 -6 weeks on the road. Anyway... hope everyone is well. 'll be busy going through old threads now trying to catch up on the news in Vulcan Baggers.

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
108 Mile Ranch, British Columbia
Canada
Vulcan Bagger Assoc. #00722
Black 2006 Nomad

https://cdn2.iconfinder.com/data/ico...Book_32x32.png

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-08-2015, 02:08 PM   #2

Sorry to hear that you lost both parents. As you said your mother was probably lucky. My stepmother had Alzheimers for 14 years before she past away. It was difficult on the family and she was in a nursing home for 9 years.

2010 Nomad 1700
Metallic Diablo Black/Metallic Titanium

Old 07-08-2015, 02:34 PM   #3

Rick,
I met up with Hammer last weekend and he mentioned that your Mother had passed. I am sorry for your loss.

You came to Calgary to pick up the trailer and didn't call??? Just kidding, but kind of curious when you and Judy were in Yuma. My wife and I travelled down that way this past January & February and also met up with Duffy and his wife in New Mexico. It would have been funny if we had been in the same area at the same time.

Are you going to be able to make the BC ride in a couple weeks time? Also, any idea on whether or not Midge is coming? It would be great to see you both.

"Sun on my face, wind in my hair, sound of my bike in my ears and peace in my soul..."
VBA Member #01514
2008 "Ultra" Nomad 1600, Candy Plasma Blue

Old 07-08-2015, 06:01 PM   #4

Sorry to hear about your folks Rick, there comes a time for everyone but it's never easy. I suppose I'll be getting busy as soon as the new house closes. Enjoy life.

Old 07-08-2015, 07:43 PM   #5

Ricky sorry to hear of your mums passing but I'm guessing as you say probably a blessing.
My parents have been gone 10, and 5 years respectively but I often say if they could only see this or only see that. We must accept what life has in store but keeping them in our thoughts is a comfort.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Login or Register to Remove Ads