Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 05-08-2015, 05:37 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACNRAY View Post
The new F/P 2-1 wrapped and drying in front of the fan. Performed the follow up dyno runs late yesterday and very pleased to see power gains across the board, specially up top. Will post the dyno graph sometime today.

RACNRAY

Ray how hard is it to wrap the pipe and do you have any tips/tricks? Also what is the benefit?

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-08-2015, 06:01 PM   #32

Sweet looking exhaust.

Old 05-09-2015, 10:48 PM   #33

F/P

I have the F/P 2 in1 and I love them. Great choice

Old 05-10-2015, 09:44 AM   #34

Sorry, what does "FP" stand for? Curiosity is now peaked!
VNJim

Old 05-10-2015, 10:22 AM   #35
Advanced Member

Smokier....it stands for "Freedom Performance" the company in California making very fine systems for out 1700s. Many of us now have the combat 2-1 systems that make big horsepower and tuck away neatly under the right side. Can't beat the price, performance, and ease of installation from this company.
Chuckster's tear drop intake, Freedom true dual racing exhaust, Ivan flash, Clearview windscreen, Corbin gunfighter seat, Clockwerk's hugger style front fender, Kawasaki KQR backrest and luggage rack, kuryakyn iso grips and rear passenger boards, front highway pegs, revolutionspeed clutch and primary covers and reservoir and switch box covers and Kuryakyn skeleton rearview mirrors.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-07-2015, 05:11 PM   #36

If you get the FP 2-1 is there any other parts that are needed? Is there a gasket you have to get for where it attaches to the head or does that come with the pipes?

Any significant issues with getting the bike's FI tuned after installing these? I'm using the Cobra scalloped S/O for now with a Chuckster intake and Dobeck TFI.

Thanks

Old 06-08-2015, 08:26 AM   #37
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fried Chicken Blowout View Post
If you get the FP 2-1 is there any other parts that are needed? Is there a gasket you have to get for where it attaches to the head or does that come with the pipes?

Any significant issues with getting the bike's FI tuned after installing these? I'm using the Cobra scalloped S/O for now with a Chuckster intake and Dobeck TFI.

Thanks
You need new crush gaskets where the pipes attach to the heads. You can get a set at Harley for about 4.00 each. And they usually have them in stock.

On the 1500, too much to list.

On the Vaquero:
V&H slash cut slip ons
Power Commander 5 and Ivan-ized ECU
Chuckster's BAK
Aux Audio adapter with bluetooth receiver.
Mustang 2 up Touring Seat w/ driver and passenger backrest
Kuryakyn Longhorn highway pegs.
Kawasaki 12 volt charger
Longer 1600 meanstreak SE kickstand
Full LED Daymaker light mod.

Old 06-08-2015, 09:45 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Vega View Post
You need new crush gaskets where the pipes attach to the heads. You can get a set at Harley for about 4.00 each. And they usually have them in stock.

Okay I just ordered the exhaust and I ordered a set of crush gaskets on line from a parts place. In the past my experience with ordering metric parts has been bad. Seems like everything takes a month to get. If they don't show by the time the exhaust shows I'll hit the Harley dealer. Do you know what HD bike these might match up to in order to make asking for them easier or did you have to bring them into the shop to show them the right size?

Old 06-08-2015, 01:08 PM   #39
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fried Chicken Blowout View Post
Okay I just ordered the exhaust and I ordered a set of crush gaskets on line from a parts place. In the past my experience with ordering metric parts has been bad. Seems like everything takes a month to get. If they don't show by the time the exhaust shows I'll hit the Harley dealer. Do you know what HD bike these might match up to in order to make asking for them easier or did you have to bring them into the shop to show them the right size?
Their 103 inch motor is has the same size exhaust ports. I believe yhe crush gaskets are Screaming Eagle. They are nice because they are mesh and provide a better seal than a traditional gasket from what I understand. Most important thing is they usually have them in stock.

On the 1500, too much to list.

On the Vaquero:
V&H slash cut slip ons
Power Commander 5 and Ivan-ized ECU
Chuckster's BAK
Aux Audio adapter with bluetooth receiver.
Mustang 2 up Touring Seat w/ driver and passenger backrest
Kuryakyn Longhorn highway pegs.
Kawasaki 12 volt charger
Longer 1600 meanstreak SE kickstand
Full LED Daymaker light mod.

Old 06-09-2015, 10:20 AM   #40
Advanced Member

I ordered stock o.e.m. crush gaskets for mine from a dealership across the mountains here in Oregon where I bought the bike. I had them in the mail 3 days after I put in the order. I won't put Harley parts in my Kawasaki....my bike would hate me for it.
Chuckster's tear drop intake, Freedom true dual racing exhaust, Ivan flash, Clearview windscreen, Corbin gunfighter seat, Clockwerk's hugger style front fender, Kawasaki KQR backrest and luggage rack, kuryakyn iso grips and rear passenger boards, front highway pegs, revolutionspeed clutch and primary covers and reservoir and switch box covers and Kuryakyn skeleton rearview mirrors.