Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 01-22-2015, 08:34 PM   #16
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan Bill View Post
I checked out the SR9E when looking for a SR-9c. Good gun but for target work I want a longer barrel and sight plane. The 1911 styles I'm looking at have 5 inch barrels.
I don't know if they import them anymore, but FEG is a Hungarian company that makes Hi Power clones. Very reasonably priced and they work well. I think the model is the R-9. I have one, but it's over 20 years old. Never jammed on me. It's not light though. If I was getting a 9mm carry, I'd get a LC9.
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

BMW: When you care enough to ride the very best.

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Rallies: Custer '09|Prairie Du Chien '10|Crescent City '11

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-22-2015, 08:47 PM   #17

Hiya ponch. This gun will not be for carry, just casual target so the extra weight is actually a plus. I have a Rugar SR9c compact for carry and home defense (and a 380LCP). Great pistol for what its intended for but I find its light weight make it diffcult to hold steady on small distant targets. Thats why the heavier longer barrel gun is what I'm looking for. I decided on 9mm due to the low cost of ammo and the fact that I already stock 9mm.
I'll look into the Browning 9mm clone you mention. It looks like a good prospect.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'05 1600CL. Originator 18" Harley wheel mod, Dobeck TFI, True Duals, Mutazu hardbags, Flanders handlebars n' a bunch more.
Sometimes I miss the good ol' days but most times I'm just glad I survived them