Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 12-18-2014, 10:59 PM   #91

1 year and roughly 10,000 miles.. lots of mods
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20141026_100842_386-1.jpg (94.2 KB, 12 views)

06 Nomad
Rock Island,Il

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 12-19-2014, 01:26 AM   #92
Advanced Member

90 miles since I bought my 2007 Nomad a few weeks ago and absolutely no problems.

Old 12-19-2014, 03:16 AM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navigator View Post
90 miles since I bought my 2007 Nomad a few weeks ago and absolutely no problems.
I bought mine about 2yrs ago and had a problem before i even fired it up,i had'nt ridden a bike for 20 yrs, and never anything as big and cumbersome as a Nomad,i was scared shitless of it, and it showed

Old 12-19-2014, 10:14 AM   #94
Advanced Member

Bought my Nomad new in 2001. Now has almost 57,000 miles on it and other than regular maintenance and addition of some mods, it's been doing great so far. Added the cam chain tensioner extenders at around 42,000 miles and although so far so good, Barnett clutch spring will probably be in it's future.

Don Denman "JD"
2001 Luminous Vintage Red carbed 1500 Nomad
VBA #376
VROC #6195

Old 12-19-2014, 10:26 AM   #95
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick56 View Post
I bought mine about 2yrs ago and had a problem before i even fired it up,i had'nt ridden a bike for 20 yrs, and never anything as big and cumbersome as a Nomad,i was scared shitless of it, and it showed
Back in the 60s we started out on a Japanese 125-250 and then graduated to the big bike, a Triumph Bonneville at a whopping 37 HP. It seems that a lot of riders now start out with a big bike.

One of the Nomads I looked at before buying the one I did was a 2007 with 19K on the clock. The guy loved it and said he'd never had a single issue. With a second baby on the way he'd made the decision to spend more time with the family rather than ride.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 12-19-2014, 10:45 AM   #96

Quote:
Back in the 60s we started out on a Japanese 125-250 and then graduated to the big bike, a Triumph Bonneville at a whopping 37 HP. It seems that a lot of riders now start out with a big bike.

One of the Nomads I looked at before buying the one I did was a 2007 with 19K on the clock. The guy loved it and said he'd never had a single issue. With a second baby on the way he'd made the decision to spend more time with the family rather than ride.
Hello mate, i did the bike's when i was a young bloke, and did my fair share of crashing when i was made of rubber, women and travel side tracked me for a while, but later on when i decided to give it another go i was unprepared for the size of my Nomad, my mate's have got picture's of my first go on it and still take the piss , i do wonder what make's a bloke give up something that he love's to get tangled up with a woman though

Last edited by mick56; 12-19-2014 at 10:48 AM.

Old 12-19-2014, 12:56 PM   #97
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick56 View Post
Hello mate, i did the bike's when i was a young bloke, and did my fair share of crashing when i was made of rubber, women and travel side tracked me for a while, but later on when i decided to give it another go i was unprepared for the size of my Nomad, my mate's have got picture's of my first go on it and still take the piss , i do wonder what make's a bloke give up something that he love's to get tangled up with a woman though
Absolutely.. When you're off them for awhile it can be a real shocker to bet back on a full sized tourer. I was off the Rocket for nearly two years and when I took the test ride on the Nomad thought crikey but this is a big machine. A couple of memory lane pics for ya Mick.

Old 12-19-2014, 01:39 PM   #98

I hve been riding the 1600 for a while but it was my frnd's

Old 12-19-2014, 02:16 PM   #99

Quote:
Absolutely.. When you're off them for awhile it can be a real shocker to bet back on a full sized tourer. I was off the Rocket for nearly two years and when I took the test ride on the Nomad thought crikey but this is a big machine. A couple of memory lane pics for ya Mick.

Yo mate, my brother had a 1953 pre unit bonneville when i was a nipper, allway's loved that bike, i would look a bit silly on it now.
http://images.motorcycle-usa.com/Pho...nneville_4.jpg

Old 12-19-2014, 02:34 PM   #100
Advanced Member

That's a sweet one Mick. I've been exchanging a few PMs with one of our other members on the subject of vintage/classic Triumphs. I've got a running 1967 TR6C and three project Triumphs, a 1947, '57 and '58 (all 650s). While I've had several unit construction Bonnies I am now partial to the pre-units.

I was trying to start my '67 a couple of months back and realized two things; I probably looked very foolish on it because it felt like the size of a bicycle and it was an absolute bear to kick it over. The old knees are what they used to be.

Old 12-19-2014, 03:37 PM   #101

Quote:
That's a sweet one Mick. I've been exchanging a few PMs with one of our other members on the subject of vintage/classic Triumphs. I've got a running 1967 TR6C and three project Triumphs, a 1947, '57 and '58 (all 650s). While I've had several unit construction Bonnies I am now partial to the pre-units.

I was trying to start my '67 a couple of months back and realized two things; I probably looked very foolish on it because it felt like the size of a bicycle and it was an absolute bear to kick it over. The old knees are what they used to be.
When i was a nipper it was a regular thing to hear my brother shouting and swearing from the garden as he jumped up and down on the kickstart, and then hear a backfire, we'd look at each other over breakfast as we worked out whose turn it was to go and hook him out of the hay loft

Old 12-19-2014, 04:31 PM   #102

Thought you guys interested in cafe racers would like this. In my garage is a 1958 Velocette Venom. Just finished rebuilding the engine. The seat is out now being reupholstered. The exhaust is out being triple chrome plated. In 2 weeks the frame, tank and fenders are going out for a paint job. I am painting it carbon metallic black. Should be putting it back together in a month. I will post pics. I also have a original 1958 English license plate for it.

Old 12-19-2014, 04:59 PM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwdriver View Post
Thought you guys interested in cafe racers would like this. In my garage is a 1958 Velocette Venom. Just finished rebuilding the engine. The seat is out now being reupholstered. The exhaust is out being triple chrome plated. In 2 weeks the frame, tank and fenders are going out for a paint job. I am painting it carbon metallic black. Should be putting it back together in a month. I will post pics. I also have a original 1958 English license plate for it.
F.k me sideways nipper,is my first response, nice bike's mate, i would'nt be surprised to find that the blokes who run this show disagree though.

https://orangehipsters.files.wordpre...he-balcony.jpg

Old 12-19-2014, 05:55 PM   #104
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwdriver View Post
No kiddin'. A Venom. Please do post some pics. I've got plate that probably none of you have. Guantanamo Bay Cuba. It was in my TR6C.

That's where I got it, Cuba. And what a story behind it there is.

Old 12-20-2014, 09:10 AM   #105

Smile Ride till you drop!!!

I have a 2001 1500 Classic. I bought her with 10,995 miles in March 2010. I have passed the 50,000 mile mark this past Sept. I slowed down riding her because I bought a 2010 Voyager and have been racking up about 15,000 miles this year on her. Nice weather I ride the Classic, wet or cold weather I ride the Voyager. Both great bikes.