Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Images & Video

Old 09-19-2014, 02:35 PM   #1

I'm Dying of Cancer

I'm pretty sure I posted in the wrong topic. I'm sorry, I can't figure out how to change it.

Hi all,
Sorry to start out with such dark news, but I've been fighting for a bit over 5 years, now time is getting short.
While I still can I would like to go see my Daughter, who hasn't spoken to me in almost two years now. She lives in Atlanta, GA and I'm in San Francisco, CA.

I've started a donation page and I hope you will check it out, and if you can (Oh I know it's tough lately) but if you can help, I will be eternally (no pun or joke) greatfull. Go to: http://www.gofundme.com/carlsnet

Now for the pics and video of me and my bike...

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Last edited by Carlsnet; 09-19-2014 at 03:08 PM.

Old 09-19-2014, 03:41 PM   #2

I feel terrible that you are dying of cancer and that it has dragged on for so long.

I don't mean to insult or in any way cast any disparaging remarks about your go fund me page or your plea for money but have to say that many people would look at the bike and wonder why you just don't sell the bike and use the money to go visit your daughter.

If as you say that you have 6 months or less to live then it would make sense to sell the bike and straighten out anything with family members more than riding a bike to go see them.

There are also agencies that try to grant wishes to people dying from cancer that could probably reunite you with your daughter.

Sorry. Just my thoughts on the subject.

2010 Nomad 1700
Metallic Diablo Black/Metallic Titanium

Old 09-19-2014, 04:30 PM   #3

..Well ..that sort of thing sneaks up on a lot of us ! ....I'v been up against it since July...gonna bite the bullet...and I'll keep riding, while relying on Whiskey and Gun Powder !
(and carefully limited medical procedures)

I wish you all the best outcome .

AND..Welcome to the forum, from here, on the sunset slope, of the High Sierra's

Last edited by Silent Sam; 09-19-2014 at 04:33 PM.