Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 07-27-2014, 01:53 PM   #1

Aftermarket exhaust

I have been enjoying a 50 mile commute to work almost every day. A k&n filter on the right with a Bully fi controller and no baffles has helped power but my brother's Fat Boy can still leave me behind quickly. I would like to get an exhaust that works well with the afore mentioned mods and would allow me to hear my handlebar speakers like I can now. Obviously more power but also a better sound quality would be the goal. Suggestions with price and location would be appreciated. It would be awesome if someone had the same mods and a stereo but I may be asking a lot! Also my highway pegs need to be 2-3 inches closer to my feet. Any ideas?

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-27-2014, 01:59 PM   #2

Cobras or Vance and Hines are pretty much the available pipes. A 2 into 1 will give the best performance, and keep the baffle in for the most torque. And that Fatboy will walk away from your Nomad no matter what you do, unless you do a big bore kit with cams, or a turbo.
Vulcan engines aren't really known for beating other V Twins in a drag race on a regular basis.

Yoda
VBA #01311
SCRC Chapter 289
07 Nomad

Old 07-28-2014, 12:33 PM   #3
Top Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to rickyboy
I'd like to change out my pipes as well. ......Some guys like the V&H's....me,?... not so much, and I think they're too loud. I have had it suggested that Cobra's are the way to go. Probably the way I'll go eventually.

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
108 Mile Ranch, British Columbia
Canada
Vulcan Bagger Assoc. #00722
Black 2006 Nomad

https://cdn2.iconfinder.com/data/ico...Book_32x32.png

Tags
exhaust, highway pegs