Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 04-19-2014, 09:14 AM   #61
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HwyRider View Post
Another 20 years and you won't give a shit what they think.
It doesn't take that long.
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

BMW: When you care enough to ride the very best.

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Rallies: Custer '09|Prairie Du Chien '10|Crescent City '11

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-19-2014, 09:18 AM   #62
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjack View Post
Repulsive. I don't care for the look myself. It's your bike, you're the one who has to ride it. Obviously, it matters to you what others think or you wouldn't have asked this question.
I can see him riding with this song playing:

BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

BMW: When you care enough to ride the very best.

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Rallies: Custer '09|Prairie Du Chien '10|Crescent City '11

Old 04-19-2014, 10:50 AM   #63

The Hotel in the Shining is actually Timberline Lodge on Mt. Hood in Oregon. About 60 miles from my house. Cool place.

You asked. I don't like conchos, studs, fringe, tassles, or leather bags on bikes. Like TC I like the clean uncluttered look.
VBA #659
2003 Nomad 1500 (Gone but never forgotten)
2005 Honda ST1300 - Sweet and still kickin
2006 Honda Goldwing - Best Boat in the Marina

Old 04-19-2014, 11:36 AM   #64
Top Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to rickyboy
Tim/TC...it looks like you have quite the stable of motorcycles. Love the drifter for sure....if you ever want to sell it.......let me know.

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
108 Mile Ranch, British Columbia
Canada
Vulcan Bagger Assoc. #00722
Black 2006 Nomad

https://cdn2.iconfinder.com/data/ico...Book_32x32.png

Old 04-19-2014, 11:52 AM   #65

Location: 6th Floor up at the The Nervous Hospital up in East Central State, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjack View Post
Repulsive. I don't care for the look myself. It's your bike, you're the one who has to ride it. Obviously, it matters to you what others think or you wouldn't have asked this question.
Sometimes asking opinions can prevent hilarious catastrophic endings such as the event mentioned in another thread where a feller got the brilliant idea to sever his phallus and skip his silly ass off a two story building and lived to tell about it.

The way I see it, had he posted his intentions on a board somewhere another perhaps this brilliant brain storm would have remained on the drafting table and not put into motion.

??-Mar.2,2012 "Rocky" My Beloved Dog RIP

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

"The shoes you buy at the Salvation Army is already been broke in"- Aunt Kawhead

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-19-2014, 02:16 PM   #66
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawhead View Post
Sometimes asking opinions can prevent hilarious catastrophic endings such as the event mentioned in another thread where a feller got the brilliant idea to sever his phallus and skip his silly ass off a two story building and lived to tell about it.

The way I see it, had he posted his intentions on a board somewhere another perhaps this brilliant brain storm would have remained on the drafting table and not put into motion.
Thank you Kawhead. You nailed it. Atleast someone was payin attention.

I was not asking for permission or if anyone thought that I should do this. And I would never go full on rhinestone cowboy either, just a little here and there.

As I stated in my original post " not lookin for the it's your bike do what you want speech". I just was lookin for opinions and friendly conversation on the subject. Thought we could have a little fun with it that's all. Oh well.

Old 04-19-2014, 04:01 PM   #67

Location: 6th Floor up at the The Nervous Hospital up in East Central State, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawboysix View Post
Thank you Kawhead. You nailed it. Atleast someone was payin attention.

I was not asking for permission or if anyone thought that I should do this. And I would never go full on rhinestone cowboy either, just a little here and there.

As I stated in my original post " not lookin for the it's your bike do what you want speech". I just was lookin for opinions and friendly conversation on the subject. Thought we could have a little fun with it that's all. Oh well.
What the hell? You got nearly six pages of fun! Think of each post as a little sparkling rhinestones, sequins, conchos, and tassels

As the meanest bstrd on the board, and hates Obama and Holder 'cause they black "Top Cat" has always said; "You ain't never going to get a strait answer from any of the smart asses in this place"! He never embarrasses them by mentioning their name for they know to well exactly who THEY ARE!

I appreciate being appreciated! At least somebody amongst the thousands notices talent when they see it! Or when it listens to 'em.

??-Mar.2,2012 "Rocky" My Beloved Dog RIP

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

"The shoes you buy at the Salvation Army is already been broke in"- Aunt Kawhead

Old 04-19-2014, 04:51 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyboy View Post
Tim/TC...it looks like you have quite the stable of motorcycles. Love the drifter for sure....if you ever want to sell it.......let me know.
I got more in it than I can ever get out of it Rick.
Had a few guys offer. My mechanic said the same thing you did.
If I ever decide to sell it.......................
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 04-19-2014, 09:23 PM   #69

I'm in the repulsive camp I suppose. I do not care for the way it looks at all. I actually find it to be feminine. I was at iron pony with my wife and we were looking at the new Indians. I really like the tan bags and seats on the bikes but hate the fringe. My wife commented that it just reminds her of cheesy 80's jackets and I agree.
VBA #02389
VROC #24810

Old 04-19-2014, 09:46 PM   #70
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawboysix View Post
Really? And you stay'd on our south end I'm sure as you probly came in off Interstate 70. It's getting better though. the city had been doing a lot to clean up in the last 3 yrs. or so. But a lot of crime and violence. Lot of road rage too.
Yeah really and yeah I-70 off on the right somewhere, a left turn i think and a little mom and pop motel on the left. In the AM i was near old Rt 40 right off. The motel was almost unmarked like a secret. It was O' Dark 30 and so i don't recall anything outstanding other than there not normal motel lights and crapolla. As to bad places i made a wrong turn on Kansas city MO and there is a bad place mista. Made my trigger finger itchy. if we meet you can about bank on I will have a .45 somewhere. I did in 40 states on my MC USA tour. I have a wife i have me and I had a kentucky Long rifle to protect. I still have it and it went right to Cal and back. There is a federal law that states if i am legal where i am I can travel armed so long as where i end up I will be legal. it was a round trip ride although i did manage to get lost a few times. Like leaving Fla after getting there from Cal. Now I don't know but somehow i ended back up in Oklahoma from Fla I just was following the sun.

Maybe the sun is up longer in the afternoon and that's how i did it.

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it

Old 04-19-2014, 09:48 PM   #71
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick56 View Post
He should get more spuds on his plate and spend some time in the sun.
You sayin this guy don't look english enough? For a fact he ain't never seen the sun! That's the English way ain't it?

http://prntscr.com/3bcoae

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac

Old 04-19-2014, 09:56 PM   #72
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HwyRider View Post
Yes. It is up just after the Swiftwater area. They have these pump setups that allow them to look for gold without getting in their with their pans. Then there is an occasional passerby with a pan that goes in to the water with the pan and starts looking. I should have taken a picture last year when I rode up there. It's the west end of 112 after the covered bridge.
Ohhhhhhhhhh that swiftwater way I know where you mean now off the baker river i think it is. Yeah man they have gold flake over there and they did take a hard hit from that cain but I don't know anything about any death / murders. There is a lot of wild country in there. Not long ago i was looking at that area from google earth. used to me a panner over there that sold little tiny bottle with gold flake and in his dooryard he has a water trough for cattle filled with sand gold and water and you could buy the bottles with gold for 10 bucks his How To Book and he sold copper, mild steel to rust, stainless for flatlanders so they wouldn't rust, and plastic pans. That place is just gone but i remember about where it was.

I get over there once in a while or maybe up to Pike. When folks are out and they have horses and I ride by with my wife I say in a, loud voice LOOK Honey there's a Moose pointing at the horses

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac

Old 04-19-2014, 09:57 PM   #73
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoeney View Post
The Hotel in the Shining is actually Timberline Lodge on Mt. Hood in Oregon. About 60 miles from my house. Cool place.

You asked. I don't like conchos, studs, fringe, tassles, or leather bags on bikes. Like TC I like the clean uncluttered look.
Is not

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac

Old 04-19-2014, 10:00 PM   #74
Sr. Contributor

hey, I was sick and i gotta drive up my post count somehow

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac

Old 04-19-2014, 10:20 PM   #75
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmac View Post
Yeah really and yeah I-70 off on the right somewhere, a left turn i think and a little mom and pop motel on the left. In the AM i was near old Rt 40 right off. The motel was almost unmarked like a secret. It was O' Dark 30 and so i don't recall anything outstanding other than there not normal motel lights and crapolla. As to bad places i made a wrong turn on Kansas city MO and there is a bad place mista. Made my trigger finger itchy. if we meet you can about bank on I will have a .45 somewhere. I did in 40 states on my MC USA tour. I have a wife i have me and I had a kentucky Long rifle to protect. I still have it and it went right to Cal and back. There is a federal law that states if i am legal where i am I can travel armed so long as where i end up I will be legal. it was a round trip ride although i did manage to get lost a few times. Like leaving Fla after getting there from Cal. Now I don't know but somehow i ended back up in Oklahoma from Fla I just was following the sun.

Maybe the sun is up longer in the afternoon and that's how i did it.
Think you were in a little burg called Harmony if you were headed east on 70. Bout 5 miles east of Springtucky. Speedway gas on the right and Harmony Motel on the left with poor lighting and small sign. Dark and very quiet place at night.