Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Free Classifieds > Parts & Accessories

Old 04-13-2014, 10:30 AM   #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringadingh View Post
Ive paid that much for just the Tour Pak alone, I'm surprised nobody's scooped it up yet.
Just have to find the right person. Sorry RedGrey but the price stays. Maybe you ought to do some homework on these.

Dave "(dshelly)" Shellenberger
2014 Harley Ultra Classic
2007 1600 Nomad (Black)
Shellenberger Machine
Belgrade, MT
Various Bagger Member (Harley Chapter)
VBA # 2395

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-13-2014, 12:33 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshelly View Post
Maybe you ought to do some homework on these.
You did ask the question Am I asking too much ???

I know what people are asking, it's what they get that counts.

I've just bought and fitted a new trunk with rack and wraparound backrest painted for $220. That's everything including fiberglass reinforcing. It's not the quality of yours but it does the job and looks OK for me. I couldn't justify paying out an additional $500 + to buy yours.

If you want to sell yours now, what people are willing to pay is less than you want for it, or it would have sold.

If your in no hurry, ebay it (or Craigs list) with your reserve and keep re listing it till it sells. Sooner or later it may sell or you may have to lower your price to move it.

Old 04-13-2014, 03:17 PM   #3

I wouldn't take a dime less than $900. for mine, now that it's wired, put together, and painted. And that does not include the rack.

Old 04-13-2014, 11:44 PM   #4
Mega-Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshelly View Post
Just have to find the right person. Sorry RedGrey but the price stays. Maybe you ought to do some homework on these.
Obviously, this won't sell to someone who is content to mount a $79 Mutazu trunk on their bike. But someone who wants a quality item they can be proud of and not justify their choice by saying "it's good enough" will get a great accessory to the bike here.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 04-14-2014, 11:12 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjack View Post
Obviously, this won't sell to someone who is content to mount a $79 Mutazu trunk on their bike. But someone who wants a quality item they can be proud of and not justify their choice by saying "it's good enough" will get a great accessory to the bike here.

Hey look, if you've got the $700 cash go for it. Your cash to do with as you please. Be happy.

He asked the question "Am I asking to much for it, $650 plus shipping".

No takers?................. I'd say yes.

I'd like a quality pickup, a quality van to transport my disabled relative, quality clothes, eat out, take vacations and all the rest of the stuff you can do cash if you have it. $1000 trunk for my bike. New windows for the house, replace the temperamental washer. Get the rotten fence replaced.

Heck nothing more I like than quality stuff. I want to be proud of it

You've got to try and take it in.......... we do the best we can with the cash we have.

I wouldn't knock you for spending $1000 on a MC trunk, enjoy the cash and spending it.

I got the best I could afford with what cash I have available and I don't really give a shit what you think of my trunk or how much cash I have.

You got to stop looking down your nose at people with less than you.

Login or Register to Remove Ads