Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 02-15-2014, 10:28 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadtom69 View Post
Yeah I know the feeling my kids have been out on own for almost 20 years we travel when we get the chance. wife retires in May we plan on doing some more traveling and seeing this great country while we can.

Congratulations

Hope you share pictures of your jaunts around the land for those of us who haven't put the time in yet.
VBA #02389
VROC #24810

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-15-2014, 07:22 PM   #17

This site would blow up if wife put all pics she took on our last trip 3,650 pics grand canyon Malibu Yosemite yellow stone and everything in between

Previous bikes - 2004 BMW R1200 CLC 2006 Nomad 1600 Black -1985 BMW K100 RT
VBA #001609
Viet-Nam Vet 71-72
Maryville , Tn.
Maggie Valley '11-Townsend '12-Estes Park '13- Copperhead fall rally "13- Elkins WV '14- Eureka Springs ' 15- Helen Ga. SE Rally '16

Old 03-26-2014, 02:37 PM   #18

May ask around at local bike nights to see who has had it done and where. Also may check with dealers that dont have dynos and see who they recommend. A shop that has had thier dyno for many years may be a good bet, specially if its an independant.

Old 03-26-2014, 03:57 PM   #19
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_law23 View Post
So I've never had a bike Dyno'd. In the past I never had a reason to. Now that I have the big three done, I'm considering getting a custom map. I have decel popping currently and I bought the thunder mfg gasket that I will put on in the spring. I'm also going to check around for any leaks hoping that it will alleviate that issue but still think I might want to get a custom map made. I figure, what could it hurt? But I don't really know any metric riders in my area that has done it. I know a ton of Harley guys that have but I'm not sure if the HD dealers tune metrics or not. There are a few tiny shops here and there that I found on the Dyno website, but how do you know if those places are reputable. I guess the worst that can happen is they give me a crap map and I go back to the ones that I have received from fellow 1700 owners on these forums?

I was only able to find reviews on one of the shops through google so it's really a shot in the dark I think. Just wondering if its really worth going through the trouble and what to look out for in the process of getting a custom map.

Thanks!
I apologize, I just saw this post. You are not far from Columbus so you are in luck. One of the best bike tuners around is on the west side of Columbus. I have used him and I know a ton of bikers that have used him. Brian is a good dude and VERY good at what he does. He did my Nomad when I had it, it was a new bike.

http://www.dynotunemotorsports.com/

If you want more recomendations just go to www.ohioriders.net and sign up and ask. You will get dozens of positive reviews about Brian.

Old 03-27-2014, 10:51 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonik View Post
I apologize, I just saw this post. You are not far from Columbus so you are in luck. One of the best bike tuners around is on the west side of Columbus. I have used him and I know a ton of bikers that have used him. Brian is a good dude and VERY good at what he does. He did my Nomad when I had it, it was a new bike.

http://www.dynotunemotorsports.com/

If you want more recomendations just go to www.ohioriders.net and sign up and ask. You will get dozens of positive reviews about Brian.

Awesome, thank you! This is exactly what I am looking for.
VBA #02389
VROC #24810

Login or Register to Remove Ads