Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 03-18-2014, 03:06 PM   #1

Garmin Zumo 660 - Cable?

I have a 2011 Vaquero and want to mount my Garmin Zumo 660 GPS to it.
  • What cable do I need to interface the Zumo 660 into the audio system of the bike?
  • Can I be listening to my radio and have the GPS kick in over the radio to say it's bit and then return to the radio?

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-18-2014, 07:37 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbharrison View Post
I have a 2011 Vaquero and want to mount my Garmin Zumo 660 GPS to it.
  • What cable do I need to interface the Zumo 660 into the audio system of the bike?
  • Can I be listening to my radio and have the GPS kick in over the radio to say it's bit and then return to the radio?
I have the 660 on My bike also. It is mounted with the Zumo mount that was included when I purchased it. I also purchased an adapter cable to go from the zuni to the bike plug in the left glove box on My voyager. The Zumo will hold about 1000 MP3 songs. It plays through the bike audio system and when Zumo talks, it cuts in, then goes back to exactly the same place on the music you might be listening to. I do not remember if it will cut in over the radio (don't think it does) as I have been using an IPOD for a couple years now. Here is a like to the mount. Not sure if You already have this one. It lets The Zumo turn on and off automatically when you start and shut down the bike. http://www.amazon.com/GARMIN-MOTORCY...ycle+mountShep

Last edited by shepsvoyager; 03-18-2014 at 07:41 PM.

Old 03-20-2014, 12:15 PM   #3

Thanks!

Tags
garmin, gps, vaquero, zumo 660