Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 11-03-2013, 08:19 PM   #1

Send a message via MSN to cndfireman
fuel processor to stop popping in exhaust

I just installed a set of cobra pipes on the bike and love the sound but the loud random back fire through the exhaust scare the guys I usually ride with lol! Looking at installing a fuel processor. I found what appears to be a descent deal on a wiseco fuel processor just wondering if anybody on this forum has used one and what there thoughts where on it?

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-04-2013, 12:55 AM   #2

I use an EJK, seems to work ok.

Old 11-04-2013, 06:27 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cndfireman View Post
I just installed a set of cobra pipes on the bike and love the sound but the loud random back fire through the exhaust scare the guys I usually ride with lol! Looking at installing a fuel processor. I found what appears to be a descent deal on a wiseco fuel processor just wondering if anybody on this forum has used one and what there thoughts where on it?
Wiseco is made by EJK (Dobeck) and is identical except for graphics. Just make sure they have a separate version for the 1700 Classic and another for the 1700 Nomad/Voyager/Vaquero. If you have a Nomad/Voyager/Vaquero the original version will work fine, but the Classic requires different initial programming.

The EJK/Bully/Wiseco will help with decel popping if you ignore what they tell you about the default settings in one specific zone.

EJK will suggest a setting of 6 in the Green/Blue transition zone. This is transitioning at much too high RPMs from idle to have any effect.

Try a green/blue setting of .5 or 1 and this is much more likely to add enough fuel just off idle to eliminate the decel popping.

Note: If the Wiseco is not much less money than the EJK, I would suggest buying directly from EJK...you will get much better customer service and support. Besides, I would be willing to bet that the unit is shipped directly from EJK (Dobeck) anyway.