Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 06-28-2013, 05:22 PM   #1
Sr. Contributor

Irate Common' Rain!

Well it's just been rain and more rain... I just got done greasing the goose neck bearings which are still just fine on the 06. Dumped fork oil and went with 20w for kicks this time. Almost made a thick spacer but didn't. (have access to a press so a honking big spacers is cake, but just didn't.

Cleaned up assorted wiring, dumped coolant, and installed the Avon Cobra tire.

If this rain keeps up I will drip the rear end for lube and the swing arm as the boot is split.

Anyone seen a deal on the pontoon kit?

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-28-2013, 08:35 PM   #2

Rain sucks but if ya got stuff to do on the bike, it beats working on it while the sun is shining!

Yoda
VBA #01311
SCRC Chapter 289
07 Nomad

Old 06-28-2013, 09:19 PM   #3
Sr. Contributor

Yup...... I can't wait to feel the new fork oil and the Avon Cobra. I like to work things in that match. Ft end is set so long as it all works out. Got a few pics in the camera still.

Test ride this and then i can do the rear end stuff again.

Grab some new plugs too since they are 27,100 mile plugs now. It's extender time too, at least to check. Last check had 6 and 8 teeth showing.

So far other than wear and tear nothing has broken, other than the blue light for hi beam, which just got a bad connection in the speedo display.

Even the ft brake pads are still fine. This 06 Nomad has been a great bike so far.

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac

Old 06-28-2013, 09:27 PM   #4

Mac try to send some of that rain to Colorado. It will help put out the fires.
VBA #659
2003 Nomad 1500 (Gone but never forgotten)
2005 Honda ST1300 - Sweet and still kickin
2006 Honda Goldwing - Best Boat in the Marina

Old 06-28-2013, 09:34 PM   #5
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoeney View Post
Mac try to send some of that rain to Colorado. It will help put out the fires.
Wish.... in under 24 hours I had 1 and 1/8th this morning on 6 gauges. been on and off all day misting to bucket full.... More on radar coming and it's been cold..

Like my corn is a couple inches high and it should be close to knee high now..

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-28-2013, 11:07 PM   #6

And they're forecasting another week of it.

Old 06-29-2013, 08:55 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmac View Post
Well it's just been rain and more rain...

Anyone seen a deal on the pontoon kit?
We call them "tubbies" on the JetSki's.

Probably attach them to the driver floor boards, and then another set to the hard bags !

I'm on the way to NH tomorrow for the week. But, I am concerned about the life jackets blue color clashing with the green and silver paint on the MC's.....
VBA # 02065 VROC #29763

Sold - 2006 Nomad Green/Silver - Cobra Light Bar & Luggage Rack, Kuryakyn Longhorn Dually Pegs, Phat II Risers, Mustang w/backrest, Vista Cruise, Vance & Hines, PCIII, Kruiser Kaddy, Classic Engine Guard Chaps, Electrical Connection R,B,T LED Conversion, Jay Stephens LED Tail Light.

Current Ride - 15 Road Glide S.

Old 06-29-2013, 01:47 PM   #8
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckoach View Post
We call them "tubbies" on the JetSki's.

Probably attach them to the driver floor boards, and then another set to the hard bags !

I'm on the way to NH tomorrow for the week. But, I am concerned about the life jackets blue color clashing with the green and silver paint on the MC's.....
Bring yer wadda' wings...... Right now i got 74' F degrees and some wicked humidity at 90% with a yellow gray light up high somewhere.......

I doubt that light will last. I am feeling lazy and haven't test ridden the ft end yet. I am feeling too lazy to tear down the rear end yet.

Maybe it's time to send the wife to get more beer!

Shoot me

a pm for contact info... I can lend you a towel

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac

Old 06-29-2013, 07:35 PM   #9

Thumbs Up

Mac. Not wishing you any more rain but you have to see Alberta Canada to witness mass flooding of entire towns. Been absolutely brutal. Google High River Alberta and Calgary Alberta to get a feel for what has been happening. Went on a week long ride to Tofino BC from Alberta and rained most of the way. 2 good days and one was in Tofino which normally has nothing but rain . It was gorgeous there. A day riding in the rain is better than wishing you were riding. Hate to see your crops in such a state but here there are crops here turning yellow from too much rain. This is our long weekend holiday for Canada Day on July 1st. Been absolutely great weather so far. Hope it lasts. All the best Mac. Happy Canada Day to all and have a great July 4th Weeknend to our American Friends. Dennis

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE

*2007 Nomad Black & Titanium - Dennis -Evansburg, Alberta Canada KawaNOW #01721

Old 06-29-2013, 09:52 PM   #10
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by anchornomad View Post
Mac. Not wishing you any more rain but you have to see Alberta Canada to witness mass flooding of entire towns. Been absolutely brutal. Google High River Alberta and Calgary Alberta to get a feel for what has been happening. Went on a week long ride to Tofino BC from Alberta and rained most of the way. 2 good days and one was in Tofino which normally has nothing but rain . It was gorgeous there. A day riding in the rain is better than wishing you were riding. Hate to see your crops in such a state but here there are crops here turning yellow from too much rain. This is our long weekend holiday for Canada Day on July 1st. Been absolutely great weather so far. Hope it lasts. All the best Mac. Happy Canada Day to all and have a great July 4th Weeknend to our American Friends. Dennis
We lost Rt 12 a in the south west corner of the state this morning to rain. What was it 2 years now that hurricane blew thru and we are still fixing bridges from that as is Vt.

Next my plants will yellow and die. All the flower bulbs we bought did too. They just went to rotten mung.

My garden is sort of raised bed in rows we work up after tilling.

In NH if you don't ride in rain you just don't ride, but I still hate to start out in rain. I prefer to be caught, as I feel less stupid

I gotta seam seal my rain pants and my wifes.....2 years old and leaking.

In warm rain I take clothing off so it won't get wet, but in this colder rains that's a tad over my top.

The real point of the thread was to maybe guilt you guys into working on the bikes in the still early part of the season if it wasn't done last Fall.

Anyone still posting in this room is about broke anyway. Every one else just buys a new bike instead of any service

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac