Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 06-24-2013, 10:21 AM   #16

It must be a different coil than they use on the newer Vulcans. All the coils Ive seen the plug wire is molded right into the coil, only the plug cap can be replaced.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-24-2013, 10:54 AM   #17
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsweat49 View Post
The plug wires are screwed onto the coil They are not welded on. This is a 1997 1500 vulcan classic we are talking about. If the coil is supost to be one unit I did not buy it that way. The maintenance book shows screwed on plugs also.

I will Change the plugs around, but I did put in four new plugs.

Thanks for the input.
There are several techs on this thread trying to get you to say certain things, which would close in on what the real problem IS.

We bet you had spark and you did, but the spark in the rear cly seemed weak.

I bet the new plugs had good spark at first too and at least one other tech guy who is new to me and newer here is also on a track where I am on, which is going to be bad news probably like bad valve guides and or bad rings or both IF oil is the culprit and semi dead shorting the plugs.

And or maybe somehow oil could be associated with a vac leak or clogged engine breather.

Triple check the engine oil level, and also make sure there is NO Gas in the oil.

None of us can see, none of us can hear, so the more you do and the more you hear and see for us the better off you will be.

This bike is a bit early for this site, but there are real techs on this site. We may or not know what your bike was equipped with the coils being one piece a point in case.

It is possible for a vac leak to cause no burning of fuel a lean miss to the point that fuel is lost in the exhaust.

This could oil wash a cyl.

It is possible gas has leaked into the crank case and the level of gas/oil is too high and has thinned the oil to a dangerous level and viscosity.

it is possible the engine greater is clogged and crank case pressure is forcing oil into the combustion chamber.

It is possible that oil is passing a bad head gasket, bad rings, bad valve guides as well.

We can't tell that yet.

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it

Old 06-24-2013, 11:31 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmac View Post
There are several techs on this thread trying to get you to say certain things, which would close in on what the real problem IS.

We bet you had spark and you did, but the spark in the rear cly seemed weak.

I bet the new plugs had good spark at first too and at least one other tech guy who is new to me and newer here is also on a track where I am on, which is going to be bad news probably like bad valve guides and or bad rings or both IF oil is the culprit and semi dead shorting the plugs.

And or maybe somehow oil could be associated with a vac leak or clogged engine breather.

Triple check the engine oil level, and also make sure there is NO Gas in the oil.

None of us can see, none of us can hear, so the more you do and the more you hear and see for us the better off you will be.

This bike is a bit early for this site, but there are real techs on this site. We may or not know what your bike was equipped with the coils being one piece a point in case.

It is possible for a vac leak to cause no burning of fuel a lean miss to the point that fuel is lost in the exhaust.

This could oil wash a cyl.

It is possible gas has leaked into the crank case and the level of gas/oil is too high and has thinned the oil to a dangerous level and viscosity.

it is possible the engine greater is clogged and crank case pressure is forcing oil into the combustion chamber.

It is possible that oil is passing a bad head gasket, bad rings, bad valve guides as well.

We can't tell that yet.
You just said word for word what I was planning to say again. Thank you.

Old 06-24-2013, 01:02 PM   #19
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by firestetz View Post
You just said word for word what I was planning to say again. Thank you.
I can tell you are pretty savvy.

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac

Old 06-24-2013, 01:24 PM   #20

Quote:
I can tell you are pretty savvy.
yeah I know I am great with the way I word things lol... but that comes from several years of being told that I over explain things.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-24-2013, 01:33 PM   #21
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
yeah I know I am great with the way I word things lol... but that comes from several years of being told that I over explain things.
Oh good, another whipping boy I can get a vacation maybe..

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac

Old 06-24-2013, 02:28 PM   #22

Quote:
Oh good, another whipping boy I can get a vacation maybe..
Yeah I have my scars but from some of you posts that I've read, and I do love when you go off and get really technical, "I'M NOT WORTHY, I'M NOT WORTHY" :beer: you are the master.

Old 06-24-2013, 02:31 PM   #23
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Yeah I have my scars but from some of you posts that I've read, and I do love when you go off and get really technical, "I'M NOT WORTHY, I'M NOT WORTHY" :beer: you are the master.
Oh shit you read my posts?

What's happened to the nanny?

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac

Old 06-25-2013, 08:18 AM   #24

Quote:
Oh shit you read my posts?

What's happened to the nanny?
Of course, I have learned a lot about my bike from your posts. I have quite a few years in heavy equipment and automotive but still new when it comes to the specifics on my nomad and you are a great resource.

This forum in general has been a great resource and I thank everyone for their help and participation.

Last edited by firestetz; 06-25-2013 at 08:20 AM.

Old 06-25-2013, 10:30 PM   #25

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Of course, I have learned a lot about my bike from your posts. I have quite a few years in heavy equipment and automotive but still new when it comes to the specifics on my nomad and you are a great resource.

This forum in general has been a great resource and I thank everyone for their help and participation.
Guys,

I appreciate all your help. i will continue to check things out based on your recommendations.

I believe the Kawasaki dealership where I take the Vaquero to for Warranty work is full of %#@* anyway. Again thanks.

I am trying not to spend to much on the bike, I have two others I need to start on, a Harley 883 trike and a 1957 Harley Servi-Car Trike.

Thanks again for all your help.