Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 02-16-2013, 11:29 AM   #526

Mines on the way, tracking says should be delivered by Wed. YEEHAAAA
VBA Member #1356
jandreu@hawaiiantel.net

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-16-2013, 09:34 PM   #527

Well got home today and the big brown box was sitting on my porch, 3 days CA to HI not bad! Wasted no time getting them on the bike. When I opened the box the first seat I pulled out was the passenger seat, it's so big I thought it was the drivers seat! Starting bitching about how it looked different than the photo's I'd seen, no back section etc. Then I looked back in the box and pulled out the driver's seat, man, thats a honking big ass seat! The passenger seat is bigger than my Mustang driver's seat!

I like the way they look, Graphite Grey with half moon stitching, looks bitching. Very glad I did not go with black. Took a quick ride around the block and very nice, wife loves the extra room. Can't wait to take a long ride! I can still flat foot if I slide forward and tiptoe sitting all the way back but the seat kind of just slides you forward automatically when you put your legs down. I don't think it will bother me at all.

Drivers seat with heavy duty suspension, passenger seat and back rest, shipping total $675. Thanks Mike!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo 8 (Medium).jpg (95.2 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg photo 5 (Medium).JPG (46.0 KB, 61 views)
VBA Member #1356
jandreu@hawaiiantel.net

Old 02-17-2013, 09:55 PM   #528
Advanced Member

Looks great on the 1600. Seems like the passenger pillion will give you some good lower back support as well. I like the color on that bike.

Just went for a ride on mine today as well. Had a nice day at about 60 degrees, but the wind started blowing like Hell and cut my ride short. I love the seat. I will get to really test it out in a few months. I'm taking a 3000 mile trip through the southwest in May.
VBA Member #02104
2013 HD 110th Anniversary Electra Glide Ultra Limited
2012 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Voyager
2009 Yamaha FJR1300
2006 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Nomad
2002 Yamaha V-Star 1100 Custom
1989 Yamaha Virago 750

Old 02-25-2013, 06:44 PM   #529

Got mine home today and sat it on the bike for a preview. Looks great and feels like it will be very comfy. Thanks a lot Mike for setting this up!

Now I just have to wait for spring. Maybe 6 more weeks?

Old 02-25-2013, 08:11 PM   #530
Top Contributor

Maybe 8 weeks to go here.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-26-2013, 01:09 AM   #531

So Mike!
Any idea how many seats were actually sold on this group buy? I know they wanted 125 - I was just wondering if they hit their goal.
I still need to send mine in for an adjustment. That means 10 days in transit, a few days in repair, and then 10 days back. Oh it could be three to four weeks.

Old 02-26-2013, 11:24 AM   #532
Advanced Member

The last time I spoke with Kim was the day before the last day to submit orders. At that time she said they were just a few orders short of hitting the 125 mark. She also stated that it was one of their most successful group order buy-ins. She seemed confident at the time, that they would get the full 125 orders. I never checked back to see if they actually did.

What did they need to tweak on yours? They hit mine right on the nose. It was like I did a ride-in instead of shipping it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
So Mike!
Any idea how many seats were actually sold on this group buy? I know they wanted 125 - I was just wondering if they hit their goal.
I still need to send mine in for an adjustment. That means 10 days in transit, a few days in repair, and then 10 days back. Oh it could be three to four weeks.
VBA Member #02104
2009 Yamaha FJR1300
1989 Yamaha Virago 750

Old 02-26-2013, 01:41 PM   #533

Fionaly got a short ride in with the new RDL seat, 50 miles or so. That's about all I get on Maui.

Wife LOVES the passenger seat and that's the main reason I bought the RDL so as far as I'm concerned it was money well spent.

As for the drivers seat so far so good. I really do not notice the slide forward when stopping so I'm a happy camper!
VBA Member #1356
jandreu@hawaiiantel.net

Old 02-27-2013, 01:10 AM   #534

What did they need to tweak on yours? They hit mine right on the nose. It was like I did a ride-in instead of shipping it.[/QUOTE]

I find that I slide forward on the seat while riding. Particularly bad when braking. I also feel as though the seat is not deep enough. My buns only are on the seat. I need a bit of thigh on the seat to to relieve butt pressure.

I called and spoke with Kim today - She said my seat builder will call tomorrow to find out the details. I will supply some more photos and send in my seat. RDL will pay for return shipping (that's fair)

Kin also mentioned that they are just finishing up the seats from our group buy! She said is was supper successful the best ever!

Nice Job Mike in getting the word out

Old 02-27-2013, 01:11 AM   #535

I had a Day-Long seat on my previous bike, Yamaha VSTAR 1100 and it was awesome. Perfect right out of the box! This seat just need a little tweeking

Old 02-27-2013, 12:47 PM   #536
Advanced Member

I'm sure they'll get you straightened out Kenny. The sliding forward thing wouldn't work for me either. When I had them build a seat for my FJR 1300, I was afraid of that very thing. I warned them if I slid forward during braking, I was going to send it back. They did a good job on that bike in making it deep enough in the pocket to keep me from sliding unless I wanted to.

Good to hear that they are going to pay for it to be shipped back. I didn't know they would do that. It's also good to hear that they were impressed with the group buy turn-out. Hopefully that will make it easier for the next guy that steps out there to put together a group buy with them.

One piece of advice I'd give to anyone working with them to organize a group buy in the future - Don't expect them to commit until right before the end of their season. As long as they are continuing to get full price orders, they would be crazy to commit to a group buy. Once the word gets out, potential full price customers are going to hold out and wait for the group buy. This makes perfect sense to me now and it did back when I started. A lot of people got impatient with them for not committing early, but it's a simple matter of economics. If you stick to it and show them that you are committed to getting them the numbers they want, they will get onboard.

Quote:
I find that I slide forward on the seat while riding. Particularly bad when braking. I also feel as though the seat is not deep enough. My buns only are on the seat. I need a bit of thigh on the seat to to relieve butt pressure.

I called and spoke with Kim today - She said my seat builder will call tomorrow to find out the details. I will supply some more photos and send in my seat. RDL will pay for return shipping (that's fair)

Kin also mentioned that they are just finishing up the seats from our group buy! She said is was supper successful the best ever!

Nice Job Mike in getting the word out
VBA Member #02104
2009 Yamaha FJR1300
1989 Yamaha Virago 750

Last edited by fammdw; 02-27-2013 at 12:52 PM.

Old 02-27-2013, 11:45 PM   #537

Quote:
Originally Posted by fammdw View Post
I'm sure they'll get you straightened out Kenny. The sliding forward thing wouldn't work for me either. When I had them build a seat for my FJR 1300, I was afraid of that very thing. I warned them if I slid forward during braking, I was going to send it back. They did a good job on that bike in making it deep enough in the pocket to keep me from sliding unless I wanted to.

Good to hear that they are going to pay for it to be shipped back. I didn't know they would do that. It's also good to hear that they were impressed with the group buy turn-out. Hopefully that will make it easier for the next guy that steps out there to put together a group buy with them.

One piece of advice I'd give to anyone working with them to organize a group buy in the future - Don't expect them to commit until right before the end of their season. As long as they are continuing to get full price orders, they would be crazy to commit to a group buy. Once the word gets out, potential full price customers are going to hold out and wait for the group buy. This makes perfect sense to me now and it did back when I started. A lot of people got impatient with them for not committing early, but it's a simple matter of economics. If you stick to it and show them that you are committed to getting them the numbers they want, they will get onboard.
I was one of those satisified previous customers who paid full proce last time. I had just called them again to order a seat for my goldwing. While I was pondering spending over $1300 for the seat, backrest, passenger seat, and passenger backrest I stumbles on your group buy and rode in on your coat-tails.

Thanks for saving me a ton of $$$

Old 02-28-2013, 07:21 AM   #538
Advanced Member

Quote:
I was one of those satisified previous customers who paid full proce last time. I had just called them again to order a seat for my goldwing. While I was pondering spending over $1300 for the seat, backrest, passenger seat, and passenger backrest I stumbles on your group buy and rode in on your coat-tails.

Thanks for saving me a ton of $$$
Glad to hear it. I wanted to make sure the guys and gals over on the GL1800 forum knew about the group buy. It was a group buy on your forum that helped me purchase the RDL for my FJR1300.
VBA Member #02104
2009 Yamaha FJR1300
1989 Yamaha Virago 750

Old 03-05-2013, 10:34 PM   #539

Got my seat looks great. Thanks RDL for the group buy. And thanks Mike for all the time you put in. Can't wait for spring

Old 03-05-2013, 10:36 PM   #540
Advanced Member

Glad you got your seat. You are going to love difference it makes on your Voyager. Looks great on the bike as well, doesn't it?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spil99 View Post
Got my seat looks great. Thanks RDL for the group buy. And thanks Mike for all the time you put in. Can't wait for spring
VBA Member #02104
2009 Yamaha FJR1300
1989 Yamaha Virago 750