Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 07-31-2012, 01:18 PM   #46

the subject was gun control... Scalia's statements were just showing another example of the door being left open for more discussions on gun control to continue to be a never say never discussion.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
1946 George Orwell

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-31-2012, 01:25 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponch View Post
And in case you didn't know, the constitution says the senate makes treaties.
Wow..... guess you havent been watching the "they cant do thats" that have been happening through loopholes, re-defining terms and other tactics that have been used to get past "technicality legalities" in the constitution.......

Guess if this would have come up with a majority "Gun control fanatic" senate... they wouldnt do it? Is that what your trying to imply?

Look at the health care... wasnt compromised... its was force feed by a one party controlled Government..... it was a tax to pass it , it wasnt a tax if you ask them now.... talk about the best example the government showed on they will do and say and make up whatever they need to so they can get to their objective...... so again... never say never, they have been creating loopholes and redefining what that sentence in the constitution really meant then versus now for a very very long time trying to beat it.

Even Obama said and I may mis-quote the exact words but he was dissapointed in the constituion cause it only says what you cant do not what you can do.... and he's been making it up as he goes.

But thats just my opionion and I could be wrong.

1946 George Orwell

Old 07-31-2012, 01:32 PM   #48
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRiderUSA View Post
the subject was gun control... Scalia's statements were just showing another example of the door being left open for more discussions on gun control to continue to be a never say never discussion.
Scalia's statements were consistent with the precedents that have been set by the supreme court. Anything else is fantasy.
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

BMW: When you care enough to ride the very best.

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Rallies: Custer '09|Prairie Du Chien '10|Crescent City '11

Old 07-31-2012, 01:34 PM   #49
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Wow..... guess you havent been watching the "they cant do thats" that have been happening through loopholes, re-defining terms and other tactics that have been used to get past "technicality legalities" in the constitution.......

Guess if this would have come up with a majority "Gun control fanatic" senate... they wouldnt do it? Is that what your trying to imply?

Look at the health care... wasnt compromised... its was force feed by a one party controlled Government..... it was a tax to pass it , it wasnt a tax if you ask them now.... talk about the best example the government showed on they will do and say and make up whatever they need to so they can get to their objective...... so again... never say never, they have been creating loopholes and redefining what that sentence in the constitution really meant then versus now for a very very long time trying to beat it.

Even Obama said and I may mis-quote the exact words but he was dissapointed in the constituion cause it only says what you cant do not what you can do.... and he's been making it up as he goes.

But thats just my opionion and I could be wrong.

If you don't like how the senate and congress votes or bills that they create, vote and support candidates that support your point of view. As far as Obamacare goes, it was sent back for the congress to fix, essentially and we'll have to wait until Obama is out of office for that to happen.
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

BMW: When you care enough to ride the very best.

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Rallies: Custer '09|Prairie Du Chien '10|Crescent City '11

Old 08-01-2012, 04:36 PM   #50

August 1, 2012

Dear majeff,

Thank you for taking the time to contact me about the United Nation's Arms Trade Treaty (ATT). I certainly appreciate you sharing your concerns with me about this important issue, and welcome the opportunity to respond.

As you know, the ATT calls for greater global regulation of conventional arms trade. This treaty would set international standards for the import and export of unlicensed weapons with the aim of preventing negligent transfers to rogue regimes or terrorist organizations. Unfortunately, despite its intentions, the UN Arms Trade Treaty has raised many concerns.

That is why I wrote a letter directly to President Obama asking that his Administration oppose any proposals that violate our citizens' constitutionally protected right to keep and bear arms, or that would infringe on this nation's foreign policy interests. I was also clear that any international treaty that would violate this individual right is completely unacceptable.
Our Constitution is clear when it states that American's right to keep and bear arms "shall not be infringed." The Second Amendment is a right that our Founders thoughtfully crafted to guarantee this great nation's citizens ability to protect their families and property.

Finally, as you know, the Constitution provides that the president "shall have Power, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, to make Treaties, provided two-thirds of the Senators present concur." With this in mind, if the President were to sign the ATT, it would be up to the Senate to either approve or reject a resolution of ratification of this treaty.

You should also know that I am a proud cosponsor of the Second Amendment Protection Act of 2011. This legislation would express the sense of the Congress that the United States should not adopt any treaty that poses a threat to national sovereignty of the United States or abridges any rights guaranteed by the United States Constitution, such as the right to keep and bear arms. This legislation would also withhold funding from the United Nations unless the President certifies that the United Nations has not taken action to restrict, attempt to restrict, or otherwise adversely infringe upon the rights of individuals in the United States to keep and bear arms, or abridge any of the other constitutionally protected rights of U.S citizens.

Additionally, I am also a proud cosponsor of the Second Amendment Sovereignty Act of 2012. This legislation would express the sense of Congress that U.S. sovereignty and the constitutionally protected freedoms of American gun owners must be upheld and not be undermined by the ATT. This legislation would also prohibit funds from being obligated or expended to use U.S. influence, in connection with negotiations for a United Nations Arms Trade Treaty, to restrict the rights of U.S. citizens under the second amendment to the Constitution, or to otherwise regulate domestic manufacture, assembly, possession, use, transfer, or purchase of firearms, ammunition.

Fortunately, on Friday July 27, 2012 negotiators at the UN failed to meet a deadline to complete work on this treaty. While I am sure this issue is not dead, you can be sure that I will continue to fight against any UN treaty that would infringe on this nation's sovereignty.

Again, thank you for taking the time to contact me regarding the ATT. In the future, I invite you to visit my website at http://nugent.house.gov. There, you can track specific pieces of legislation and sign up for my newsletter, the SITREP. Modeled after the "situation reports" I used in the military and as Sheriff, the SITREP is a "just-the-facts" update I send you about everything that's going on in Congress that week.

Sincerely,

Richard Nugent
Member of Congress

Retired 20 years Military,
Tuy Hoa, Vietnam 1967-68,
39th Air Rescue.

VBA #01264

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-01-2012, 06:56 PM   #51

Thanks for the post Majeff..... guess a failure to meet a deadline bought us some time.

1946 George Orwell

Old 08-01-2012, 08:00 PM   #52

Quote:
Thanks for the post Majeff..... guess a failure to meet a deadline bought us some time.
The attack hasn't stopped by the left (Charles Ellis "Chuck" Schumer) is still trying to sneak a bill through by attaching to other needed bills. The typical dirty tricks by the Dems from New York.

Retired 20 years Military,
Tuy Hoa, Vietnam 1967-68,
39th Air Rescue.

VBA #01264

Old 08-01-2012, 08:16 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by majeff View Post
The attack hasn't stopped by the left (Charles Ellis "Chuck" Schumer) is still trying to sneak a bill through by attaching to other needed bills. The typical dirty tricks by the Dems from New York.
Yep, it will never stop till they reach the conclusion they want.
Its kind of funny how when what they push gets voted out, they push it and push it and twist it and even bury it in something else till they find a way and it passes..... then all of the sudden, its in stone and cant be discussed ever never again....Obviously, the people want it, the polls show it..blah blah blah.. although they wont accept the previous outcomes that continue to show they are wrong and their polls they try to shove up our butts are rigged numbers...
Eventually they will end up bypassing the voters because they cant get a majority to ok it....

Sort of the insanity definition.... and they will continue to attempt the same thing, cause they are insane and they just know they are right..... we just arent smart enough to see it.

1946 George Orwell

Last edited by NRiderUSA; 08-01-2012 at 08:19 PM.

Old 08-02-2012, 09:50 PM   #54

Good to see our FL guy is a supporter of the real desires of the American people.
2003 BMW K1200LT "Magic Carpet" DOA 11/7/2015
VBA #00291
IBA # 41995
DS #320
'08 Elkins, WV; '09 Helen, GA; '09 Custer, SD; '10 Stanton, VA; '11 Maggie Valley; '12 Townsend, TN; '13 Estes Park; '13 Blairsville, GA; '15 Eureka Springs; '16 Helen; '18 Custer, SD

Old 08-11-2012, 01:56 PM   #55

Never say never, they will never give up trying to find a new angle to get there. Soon just like sugar, cokes, smokes etc.... health threat will get them where they want to go.

Doctors target gun violence as a social disease
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...yndication=rss

1946 George Orwell

Old 08-11-2012, 04:06 PM   #56

Location: 6th Floor up at the The Nervous Hospital up in East Central State, NC
It's a rehash of the same tactic they used in the early 90's when a bunch of Soc/Dems were tossed out of office for their Hitleresque voting for the Assault Weapons Ban

If I'm not mistaken some Soc/Dem/Repubs got the ax too.

The Dems can always count on Doctors generally to help push a far left propaganda agendas.

That bunch and Attorneys.

??-Mar.2,2012 "Rocky" My Beloved Dog RIP

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

"The shoes you buy at the Salvation Army is already been broke in"- Aunt Kawhead

Old 08-11-2012, 08:16 PM   #57

They didnt have the legal power of a health care bill then.... now they do.

1946 George Orwell