Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 08-05-2012, 09:21 AM   #16
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazfl View Post
mine isn't the SS but the "ergos" are the same. So what ergos are you talking about? I'm a pretty good size guy, 6' and about 300 Lbs and to me the car is comfortable. I have a 9 year old son who can fit in the backseat with no problems sitting behind my wife in passenger seat. If he sits behind me i have to move my seat up a little. My 20 year old daughter (who is tall) has sat in the back behind my wife in the passenger seat and said she was comfortable. Probably the biggest complaint about the camaro that I hear repeatedly is blind spots, but if you set your mirrors right, and after you get used to it, its not that big of a deal.
I can tell you that I love the car, its fun to drive and gets a ton of looks and compliments. And, even though it is only the V6 (1LT with RS package) its got 312HP and has a top speed that it will actually hit of 155MPH. If you order the RS package it comes with the 20" performance tires and they govern the car at 155mph. If you don't get the RS package the car comes with 18" wheels / tires and is governed at 118mph. Of course, if you buy the SS model it is automaticaly set to 155mph regardless of wether or not you get the RS package.
I am 6'5 and weigh over 300...I'll have to sit in one some time. I have driven a Mustang GT Convertible with the 5.0. Nice car.

I got an education when I had to rent a car when the Suburban was in the shop. The insurance company only covered X, so I was limited unless I wanted to spend my own money. The newer cars have lower roof lines and it was a bitch just getting into some of them (I tried a few out before picking the Sonata). Compounding the problem is I had my neck fused in January. It makes it tougher ducking door openings in cars.
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

BMW: When you care enough to ride the very best.

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Rallies: Custer '09|Prairie Du Chien '10|Crescent City '11

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-05-2012, 01:03 PM   #17
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlreeves View Post
They did a great job rebirthing this model. The Charger and Mustang are decently done also but in my mind, you cant beat a classic Camaro for style.

And a green Vaquero too, I like your style...
I agree, I think all 3 of the manufacturers did a great job with capturing the days of the muscle cars and I'm really glad to see that trend in design.
As far as my green vaquero, the funny thing is I came pretty close to having a matching camaro. I don't know if you've ever seen what they call a "Synergy Green" camaro on the road or dealer lot but the green is almost identical to the green on my bike. When i bought my camaro in 2010 I was extremely close to leaving the lot with the green one.

2012 Vaquero
Special edition Candy Lime Green / Ebony
Cobra slip on exhaust, Kuryakyn Alley Cat intake, Cobra FI2000 Fuel Processor, Quick release trunk, Front & rear crashbars powdercoated black, Paul Yaffee stealth 3 tag frame, Arlen Ness grips, Corbin seat, Custom pinstripping, Rear LED strip turn signals, Stock rear turnsignals / tagframe assembly removed

Old 08-05-2012, 01:07 PM   #18
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponch View Post
I am 6'5 and weigh over 300...I'll have to sit in one some time. I have driven a Mustang GT Convertible with the 5.0. Nice car.

I got an education when I had to rent a car when the Suburban was in the shop. The insurance company only covered X, so I was limited unless I wanted to spend my own money. The newer cars have lower roof lines and it was a bitch just getting into some of them (I tried a few out before picking the Sonata). Compounding the problem is I had my neck fused in January. It makes it tougher ducking door openings in cars.

well honestly with your surgery I think you'd have problems with this one too. It also has a low roof line and long doors. If someone parks close to me where I can't open the door wide sometimes I have to bend my neck to get in. Also, if my wife drives it and forgets to lower the seat back down to my setting (which is lowest setting) and I try to slide in my chin will be against my chest. Of course she raises the seat quite a bit. Oh yeah, if you go look at them anyway, DO NOT even think about one with a sunroof, you lose about 2 to 3 inches of headroom. My head touches in a camaro with sunroof.

2012 Vaquero
Cobra slip on exhaust, Kuryakyn Alley Cat intake, Cobra FI2000 Fuel Processor, Quick release trunk, Front & rear crashbars powdercoated black, Paul Yaffee stealth 3 tag frame, Arlen Ness grips, Corbin seat, Custom pinstripping, Rear LED strip turn signals, Stock rear turnsignals / tagframe assembly removed

Old 08-05-2012, 01:43 PM   #19

My buddy has a 2012 and I couldn't open the door fully to get in the drivers side. I got in it but in the process I felt like I almost pull a rib. The head room was sparse and yes the blind spots were there. Nice car as is the challenger and mustang but not for me. I'm in the process of hunting down a 66 el camino. I've found several that I'm interested in but not the right one yet. Time is on my side with a recession looming...Bdog

Old 08-05-2012, 02:15 PM   #20
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdog View Post
My buddy has a 2012 and I couldn't open the door fully to get in the drivers side. I got in it but in the process I felt like I almost pull a rib. The head room was sparse and yes the blind spots were there. Nice car as is the challenger and mustang but not for me. I'm in the process of hunting down a 66 el camino. I've found several that I'm interested in but not the right one yet. Time is on my side with a recession looming...Bdog
the older el caminos are sweet, they look really nice when done right. One of the guys I work with is looking for a older el camino also

2012 Vaquero

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-05-2012, 02:52 PM   #21
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazfl View Post
well honestly with your surgery I think you'd have problems with this one too. It also has a low roof line and long doors. If someone parks close to me where I can't open the door wide sometimes I have to bend my neck to get in. Also, if my wife drives it and forgets to lower the seat back down to my setting (which is lowest setting) and I try to slide in my chin will be against my chest. Of course she raises the seat quite a bit. Oh yeah, if you go look at them anyway, DO NOT even think about one with a sunroof, you lose about 2 to 3 inches of headroom. My head touches in a camaro with sunroof.
I like 2 door cars as usually the doors are longer and it is easier to get in and out. 20 years ago I had a 1983 Camaro. Like you said, we have to have the seat all the way back and even reclined a bit. A few months ago, we looked at the new passat. When I tried to get in the driver's side, I hit the opening ear level and couldn't get in, with the seat al the back. It's nuts...It basically leaves trucks, which are ok, but they don't have stonk.
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

BMW: When you care enough to ride the very best.

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Rallies: Custer '09|Prairie Du Chien '10|Crescent City '11

Old 08-05-2012, 07:30 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdog View Post
He will have it longer than if I just gave him money for his wedding.
Bdog, It's a very nice gift for him, but what's the bride get??? A toaster oven?

"Sun on my face, wind in my hair, sound of my bike in my ears and peace in my soul..."
VBA Member #01514
2008 "Ultra" Nomad 1600, Candy Plasma Blue