Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 04-01-2012, 11:09 PM   #1

Race Teched my Voyager today

Gold Valves, 95# springs, and 15w. Pretty easy instal, took my time while I was smoking a turkey (yes, it was delicious!) and it only took about 2-3 hours (the forks, not the turkey). Didn't look at the clock but really didn't take very long.

I've done about 200 miles since and I really, really like it. Much more planted and big reduction in the purposing that used to bug the heck out of me.

About $245, all in for what is likely the biggest improvement so far, highly recommended!
Vance & Hines Pro Pipe with Supertrapp meg can, Thunder Air kit, Corbin heated seat, Fuel cap mod (close w/o key), I-Pod, Thermometer, mounted dual heat-troller, rear speakers, rear rack, bag liners, Dobeck's Gen 3, grips, backrest, removable coffee holder, 1500 kick-stand, marbled, air horn, adjustable windshield (8"-12.5"), Race Tech Gold Valve Cartridge Fork Emulator & springs, Küryakyn floorboard mount Hwy pegs, etc...

Other rides:
2003 ZRX1200r (X2)
2006 ZX14

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-01-2012, 11:14 PM   #2

Do you happen to have directions for the fuel cap mod?

Thanks

Old 04-01-2012, 11:29 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
Do you happen to have directions for the fuel cap mod?

Thanks

I can't take credit for the idea.

Some info:

This link should show the steps by series of photos (not my photos, found them searching around one day):

http://www.pbase.com/fredharmon/image/84241601

I used a vertical mill to do the machine work but careful use of a file will work just as well.

I've done it to my ZX14 and my ZRX1200 as well, Mama Kaw must have used the same latch design across all the bikes. I've heard the same procedure works on some other brands as well.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Allen
Vance & Hines Pro Pipe with Supertrapp meg can, Thunder Air kit, Corbin heated seat, Fuel cap mod (close w/o key), I-Pod, Thermometer, mounted dual heat-troller, rear speakers, rear rack, bag liners, Dobeck's Gen 3, grips, backrest, removable coffee holder, 1500 kick-stand, marbled, air horn, adjustable windshield (8"-12.5"), Race Tech Gold Valve Cartridge Fork Emulator & springs, Küryakyn floorboard mount Hwy pegs, etc...

Other rides:
2003 ZRX1200r (X2)
2006 ZX14