Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 02-16-2008, 09:36 PM   #31
Advanced Member

Do your Kids ride?

I have three girls 15-19-21 the two older ones have boy friends both ride HD's we love it when they get to ride along with us, the 19yr is going to her first MSF class in march. they have all grown up with 4-wheelers and dirt bikes but the middle one is the only one who wants her own. I think we should all live our lives to the fullest you only get one go around.
ride safe.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-17-2008, 12:04 AM   #32

Do your Kids ride?

Second oldest daughter (45) rides 2-up with hubby (and wants her own bike), youngest (38) daughter's hubby motocrosses with my grandson (14), oldest great granddaughter (8) sometimes rides 2-up with me and wants to motocross next year. Youngest son (27) and 15 year old grandson just like to ride the 4 wheelers in the woods.

Old 02-17-2008, 12:17 AM   #33

Do your Kids ride?

I'm not really afraid of dying, but I would hate to have not lived life to its fullest. Ihope my two boys have the same opportunity.

Old 02-17-2008, 12:21 AM   #34

Do your Kids ride?

My son, who is 20 is in the proccess of buying a 07 ZX14. He will pick it up as soon as the weather gets warmer. He's an awful lot like I was when I was his age you know 1/2 to 3/4 crazy, not much he wouldnt try. He has had a couple of smaller bikes and came home with 2 cases of road rash that I know about. One time he was going to fast and wound up in a field, next time he says a car was in his lane comming around a turn and laid it down. My guess is he was going to fast and couldnt make the turn. That one one left him with quite a case of road rash you could tell just by looking at it, it hurt like hell. I hope and pray that he doesnt forget that episode. It may save his life. I keep telling him dont ever think for one minute that you mastered riding your bike because thats when it willl show you who the real boss is. I'm sure that his bike riding is going age my heart at least another 10 years, I'll keep my fingers crossed that he has learned from past expierences. If you want to puke check and see what insurance is on one of bikes for a 20 year old with a few violations. If he was to put collision on it it would cost him almost the cost of the bike every year, and with some companies it was more than the purchase price. Thank god I have a good driving record and I'm older I will only pay $152 this year this includes collision.

Old 02-17-2008, 07:16 PM   #35
Advanced Member

Send a message via MSN to donoller
Do your Kids ride?

well here goes, i have two son's who both ride, and i grand son who also rides .we will ride the blue ridge parkway before my grand son goes into the navy .

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-18-2008, 04:14 PM   #36
Top Contributor

Do your Kids ride?

my 16 yr old son rides with me all the time and enjoys it alot. my 29 yr old daughter used too also but now lives in OK.

Old 02-25-2008, 09:31 PM   #37
Advanced Member

Do your Kids ride?

Gonna be starting my 13 year old on a dirt bike this year. If his grades improve. My oldest hasn't really shown any interest.
Peace Makers LEMC

Old 02-27-2008, 07:25 PM   #38

Send a message via AIM to birdginski
Do your Kids ride?

When my son graduated from high school in "89"I gave him my 700 Virago and gave up on riding. Then in "06" son went and bought himself a street glide and gave me his "84" nighthawk which I rode for 1 week and traded it for my "03" Nomad. Because at 6' 3" and 275 I decided that I needed a horse with a bigger saddle. I have put 20,000 trouble free miles on it since I bought it. It has a total of 24,000 so far.

Old 02-27-2008, 07:56 PM   #39

Do your Kids ride?

My son had his motorcycle learners permit during the summer of his sixteenth birthday. That was before he was even driving a car. He immediately took the MSF course and got his motorcycle license. I gave him my 1982 V45 Magna in 2003 when I got my Volusia. That year we did a lot of riding together. We took a couple of multiday rides and even rode into Canada together. There was nobody I liked to ride with more than my son. It's funny, but when we were riding together the father/son relationship would fade and we were like two riding buddies. Sadly he sold the bike in 05 citing the need for money. He had a car and couldn't afford to keep both the bike and car. He will be 21 at the end of March and frequently asks to takes the Nomad for rides when I am not using it. Sometimes I cave in, although I make him beg before I give into his whining. I hope to be able to ride with him sometime in the future when he becomes more finantially stable. I miss that special "motorcycle" companionship we had.

Old 02-27-2008, 08:31 PM   #40

Do your Kids ride?

My oldest son is 21 and my younger son is 16 they both rode with me when they were younger and the 16 year old still does sometimes as far as buying either of them a bike I would never forgive myself if something happened to one of them, but if the passion of riding is really in them, they will get their own bike and ride with me one day.

Old 02-27-2008, 08:59 PM   #41

Do your Kids ride?

I also have a dual sport as does my 28 year old son. We spent a week last summer riding the Rockies around Durango. It was an experience I wouldn't trade for anything. He's not ready to join the old guy cruiser set yet and I'm to old for a crotch rocket, so the dual sports were a good common ground. Here is a little music video of our trip.
http://tinyurl.com/2cps22

He has been riding dirt bikes since he was 4, but this is his first street legal bike.

Old 02-28-2008, 11:20 AM   #42

Do your Kids ride?

Great video!! thanks for sharing.

Old 02-28-2008, 11:41 AM   #43

Do your Kids ride?

Quote:
Great video!! thanks for sharing.
+1

Makes me want to get a KLR and stop using my nomad for those dirt roads.

Old 02-28-2008, 12:09 PM   #44

Do your Kids ride?

My son (21) has a Vulcan 1500 Classic. We ride together as time and weather permit. Several great trips last summer. Looking to go to the Badlands this summer. He is largely responsible for my choosing the Nomad when my Concours died. He kept saying it would be more fun if we both had cruisers. He was right, and I love the Nomad.

Dan K
Member #100
2009 ST1300: Performance exceeding even Victory riders' boasts.

Old 02-28-2008, 07:33 PM   #45

Do your Kids ride?

We have 2 boys, 27 and 23 and both ride. The oldest has a Honda 750 Classic. The youngest sold his 800 Maruder when he went to college. Now he rides my Kaw 01 Classic FI since he has returned from college.