Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 11-16-2011, 11:10 PM   #46
Top Contributor

Geez....my eyes just grew back from the last time I scratched them out after looking at that......aaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!
VBA #0691
2017 HD Ultra Limited Low
2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
2012 1700 Vulcan Voyager
2008 1600 Vulcan Nomad
1997 Vulcan 800 Classic

"Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional"

Custer 2009|Kalispell 2010|Cortez 2010|Crescent City 2011|Kanab 2012|Canmore 2012|Estes Park 2013|Orofino 2014|Lake Tahoe 2015|Red Lodge 2016

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-16-2011, 11:30 PM   #47
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge
Me too Rhys. I get it... When the Nomad came out and subsequent years MaKaw had the VN2000 and the Meanie and other model V-Twins. We weren't apart of that group because we were Nomads..period.. We weren't called "Baggers".

However, this isn't our site so it is what it is.. By no means that I cast a negative view of the HD BMW or other bikes now represented in the new bagger name. I might have came up with The KawaNOW Family and had the Voyager and Vaquero in separate sections like the other categories we have now but whom am I to say...

Those who know me know I was the first Moderator on KawaNOW appointed to run "Blowndodge's Garage". After the site morphed into a politically correct lean I bowed out. When we grew we got a lot of members that didn't enjoy the "belly up to the bar" original members taking fun shots at each other, never taking it personally.

That changed. That changed a lot. I'm sure this site will carry on as the owner's feel that's in the best interest for them and the Kawasaki Motor Corp. In the beginning we always did want Kawasaki Corp to take us seriously and get involved with us. It's the direction it was destined to go. Someday I'll own another brand and be a part of that board wherever that may be..

I hope your dissatisfaction is short lived as time goes on. JMHO..

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 11-17-2011, 12:34 AM   #48

I don't see how this change affects anyone. We still all ride motorcycles, right?

Gene Chestnut
Dover, DE
USAF 1968-1995
VBA#01761
2007 Nomad 1600
Black and Titanium

Old 11-17-2011, 01:22 AM   #49
Top Contributor

I get it too. I was a lurker on the KawaNOW forum for some time before I even bought a Nomad in July of 2008. I was shopping several different bikes at the time, but it was because of the great information and love of the Nomad I found here that ultimately led to my purchasing one. I have never regretted doing so and KawaNOW became like a second family to me.

I can see where keeping things limited to just Nomad owners would have some benefits....but growth and change need not be a bad thing. There are a lot of talented folks out there and the more inclusive we can be....maybe the better.

Besides....I might one day decide to sell or trade my Nomad for a Voyager...and look how much information from fellow owners will be right here for me to digest! Since 2009, the Nomad, Voyager and now the Vaquero are basically all the same bike....simply with different accessories. It makes sense for us to be under one tent so to speak.

With each passing day this new forum becomes more comfortable...and the old one more a distant memory. The same will happen as we become the VBA. One day years from now....someone will wear a KawaNOW t-shirt at a VBA rally....and some newbie will invariably say...."KawaNOW....what's that?"

This could not have been an easy decision for Trip...but I have no doubt that we will continue to grow and prosper. I can easily follow the logic that led to this. Will I miss KawaNOW....sure I will. Will I enjoy the VBA....?? Let's just say that at the next rally you might attend....I'll be the old Norwegian partying like a rock star... (and mooching BD's cigars)!
VBA #0691
2017 HD Ultra Limited Low
2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
2012 1700 Vulcan Voyager
2008 1600 Vulcan Nomad
1997 Vulcan 800 Classic

"Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional"

Custer 2009|Kalispell 2010|Cortez 2010|Crescent City 2011|Kanab 2012|Canmore 2012|Estes Park 2013|Orofino 2014|Lake Tahoe 2015|Red Lodge 2016

Old 11-17-2011, 01:48 AM   #50

Location: 6th Floor up at the The Nervous Hospital up in East Central State, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by blowndodge View Post
I might have came up with The KawaNOW Family and had the Voyager and Vaquero in separate sections like the other categories we have now but whom am I to say...
CJ, I think we have a grammatical error here. In this case "I" is a subjective pronoun of the verb "say" in which case "who" would be correct.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-17-2011, 03:37 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by coacha View Post
Who are you Todd and what did you do with the guy in the photo below:

Looks like the rump ranger rides again.:)
VBA #146

Old 11-17-2011, 05:43 AM   #52
Sr. Contributor

Penn. State Vaca photo was real funny!
But RUMP RANGER now thats hilarious!

The site has been a challenge.
I'm wondering how many didn't come over to the new site?
How many have left after they got here?
Lot's of names aren't showing up any more.
But there are lots of new members. YEA!
Gerry Martineau / 802 VT / VBA #0892 /[email]glmjgm@gmail.com[email]

Last edited by Loafer; 11-17-2011 at 07:00 AM.

Old 11-17-2011, 06:28 AM   #53
Top Contributor

if I can make the change then anyone can make it

maybe some from KawaNOW came over with a new name
74,010miles
VBA #299
Her's 10 900LT 36,700

09 Bath NY.
10 Lake George NY.
11 National Maggie Valley NC.
12 Pa Wilds (Wellsboro) Pa.
14 Lincoln NH.
17 National Lake George NY.

Old 11-17-2011, 07:18 AM   #54
Mega-Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawhead View Post
CJ, I think we have a grammatical error here. In this case "I" is a subjective pronoun of the verb "say" in which case "who" would be correct.
I concur. BD is fortunate to be able to put enough words together to make an actual sentence. In person, he just grunts and gestures a lot.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 11-17-2011, 08:43 AM   #55
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip View Post
Here we go with the Penn State vacation photos again. ;^)>
I don't see the comparison at all............................................... ........we are both over 18 ;) ;) ;)

Todd Frazier
VBA #0003
VBA National Leader-USA Operations/Garage Moderator - RETIRED
2006 Black Nomad since she was born
Greensboro, NC

Old 11-17-2011, 08:53 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd View Post
I don't see the comparison at all............................................... ........we are both over 18 ;) ;) ;)
No animals or soap was hurt in the taking of the photo either.
2003 BMW K1200LT "Magic Carpet" DOA 11/7/2015
VBA #00291
IBA # 41995
DS #320
'08 Elkins, WV; '09 Helen, GA; '09 Custer, SD; '10 Stanton, VA; '11 Maggie Valley; '12 Townsend, TN; '13 Estes Park; '13 Blairsville, GA; '15 Eureka Springs; '16 Helen; '18 Custer, SD

Old 11-17-2011, 09:28 AM   #57
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge
Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjack View Post
I concur. BD is fortunate to be able to put enough words together to make an actual sentence. In person, he just grunts and gestures a lot.
See Gerry??? Scott is STILL talking about my morning turds!

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 11-17-2011, 10:40 AM   #58
VBA Founder

I believe in telling it like it is and allowing everyone a chance to discuss their thoughts and feelings toward anything. And, I respect everyone's opinion and how they feel.

But, what is being said about the relationship with Kawasaki Corp. is dead wrong. Kawasaki has never pressured me into doing anything when it comes to KawaNOW. They provide some benefits to Kawasaki riders and give-a-way items for rallys. They have promoted KawaNOW heavily within the past two years. They asked.... ASKED... if KawaNOW could include the Vaquero into their fold. I accepted.

I consider that an honor. For a major corporation to come to me and ask me to help support a new product is not something that happens everyday. Kawasaki considers KawaNOW to be the fastest growing affiliate club they have. Right now, KawaNOW (The VBA) is heavy on their radar. They see us as the epitome of riding/support affiliate clubs.

Because of this, I feel that some changes (adjustments) need to be made to make everyone a part. As Founder and President of this organization, I can't just think and reside in the Nomad corner anymore. I have to break out and include myself in the Vaquero corner and the Voyager corner.... and somehow bring those three corners together as one. That's what the name change is all about.

Some of you act like the Nomads are getting kicked out... that Nomads are getting a raw deal again.... that couldn't be farther from the truth. Nomads have always been a vital part of KawaNOW and will continue to be. It's just now, we're allowing a few more kids in the neighborhood to come into the clubhouse. Is that so bad?

Except for a forum change and a name change.... NOTHING HAS CHANGED. Everyone can still get into the forum and laugh, poke fun at each other, even hijack a thread or two, all in jest. And all of this is still free. I don't charge anyone anything to be a part. There have been those that have challenged that, but I've fought them all and asked them to open their minds and become a part.

So.... now I'm asking you guys to open your minds and try to become a part. Get out of your "I want things to be only for Nomads/I wish things were the way they used to be" thinking and get your arms around some of the changes that are before you.

I would love to see everyone on the bus. Question is... do you have the balls to change a little and get on?
Trip's Website

Custer 09, 18 / Maggie Valley 11 / Eureka Springs 09, 17 / Antlers 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18
Texas Hill Country / Deals Gap / Colorado / Wyoming / Montana / Utah / More trips for Trip

Last edited by trip; 11-17-2011 at 10:57 AM.

Old 11-17-2011, 11:17 AM   #59
Top Contributor

I didn't know MaKaw even knew we existed. That's kinda cool. Being fairly new, I guess I'm a bit confused as to the relationship between KawaNOW/VBA and the forum. Is the forum an extension of VBA? Or are the 2 separate entities with the same goal? I understand KawaNOW/VBA is/was your "baby". Did you start the forum or did someone else with your permission? I didn't notice alot of updates on the KawaNOW site so I've spent my time here. Also the reason I donated here instead of there (although I'm not sure how I would donate over there...buying t shirts, etc I guess?).

I guess it all doesn't matter in the end. I own a Nomad, I love this forum whatever someone wants to call it, I'll support it (and VBA) any way I can and I'm not going anywhere.
Patriot Guard Rider
USArmy 1987-1990
2021 Can Am Spyder RT

2018 Can Am Spyder RT Limited - SOLD
2014 Nomad - SOLD
2012 Victory Vision - SOLD
2007 Black Nomad - SOLD
VMC #9367
VBA #1860

Old 11-17-2011, 11:33 AM   #60
Mega-Contributor

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I see this as the natural evolution of the group. While it was nice to be "all Nomad, all the time", there are other bikes (Classics, Vaqueros, Voyagers, etc) so similar that it almost didn't make sense to not include them.

I have visited a number of other Vulcan and Kawasaki specific forums and this is by far the best of the bunch in my humble opinion. We are a fairly close-knit group and I like that. I'm hoping that won't be lost as the VBA continues to grow.

The people here and the friendships I've made are why I still visit here even though I no longer ride a Vulcan. I have learned a lot from this forum and I still try to contribute my technical know-how to help others.

I belong to a handful of Harley Davidson forums. One of them has over 60,000 members. It's a good forum as far as technical info goes, but you don't get that "grab a cold one and set a spell" vibe from it. This is what makes this forum unique.

I applaud Trip for having the vision to create what has become a second home to many of us and congratulate him on the successful growth of KawaNOW (now VBA) and wish him well on its continued success.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17