Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 07-04-2011, 09:19 PM   #16

MC accident: File Under Ironic

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwilson
What... a bit uppity?

What is with that comment?

The guy went to a protest about a helmet law and died not wearing a helmet... thus he certainly wasted the protest.

In other words... he ruined the entire effectiveness of the protest.

Don't see where that is "uppity"... it is simply a fact the guy's accident blew it for the protest -- period! ::)
The comment I refered to was, "At least mine was in the "Safety forum". Which on first reading, to me, seemed a little snarky. Maybe he should of used a smiley. I did grasp the irony of the death.

Charlie "Ballast" Krogh
2005 1600 Nomad "Tangerine Dream"
VBA #999
VROC #29355

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-04-2011, 09:39 PM   #17

Okay... I misunderstood the comment you were referring to.

I still didn't see it the same however. This article has been posted about four times now by different members. If you had seen all the posts related to each separate post you might not have had the same reaction, since comments and innuendos were made about people re-posting it.

Ponch was merely suggesting he at least put it in the right board. That's how I read it... but then again, I read all the different posts and has a reference to base the comment from.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

"You can have your own opinion, but not your own facts."

Former VBA NCR Assist Regional Leader
Formerly: 2004 1500FI Bronze Nomad: 2009 & 2014 HD Ultra
Current Rides: 2017 HD Ultra Limited & 2011 Can Am Spyder RTS-SE
Attended: VBA National Rallies 2009, 2011, 2015; VBA/NCR Regional Rally 2010, 12, 14, 16 and several rides throughout with regional members.
VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417

Old 07-05-2011, 04:25 PM   #18
Advanced Member

Quote:
What... a bit uppity?

The guy went to a protest about a helmet law and died not wearing a helmet... thus he certainly wasted the protest.

Don't see where that is "uppity"... it is simply a fact the guy's accident blew it for the protest -- period! ::)
Hmmm... Here's an exercise in reverse logic. Could his riding buds blame his death on the helmet law by arguing if there was no helmet law, there would be no protest and therefore he would still be alive thus justifying the protest? :-/

Long shot I know.

Old 07-05-2011, 04:30 PM   #19
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Maximus
Quote:
What... a bit uppity?

Hmmm... Here's an exercise in reverse logic. Could his riding buds blame his death on the helmet law by arguing if there was no helmet law, there would be no protest and therefore he would still be alive thus justifying the protest? :-/

Long shot I know.
Or just as likely he could have been dead long ago or sometime in the future had there not been a helmet law. Who knows. We do know he's dead now and there is irony in the situation.
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

BMW: When you care enough to ride the very best.

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Rallies: Custer '09|Prairie Du Chien '10|Crescent City '11