Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > NorthCentral Group

Old 07-04-2011, 01:12 PM   #31

NCR's Terror-Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawhead
The truly sad part was I was to "Macho" for rain gear and got a dam good soaking! Half through the ride back the rain would slack off at times and around the next turn would be another torrential down pour. My teeth chattered most of the way back.

When I got back to the camp site, I had to PEEL my blue jeans, boots and socks off!
I did have rain-gear either. By the time we could stop, it was too late to put it on. I would have had to cover soaked clothes by then. Just rode home with soaked jeans, a t-shirt, and a wind-breaker. It sucked.

Next time, I am stopping when there are clouds in the sky!!

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

"You can have your own opinion, but not your own facts."

Former VBA NCR Assist Regional Leader
Formerly: 2004 1500FI Bronze Nomad: 2009 & 2014 HD Ultra
Current Rides: 2017 HD Ultra Limited & 2011 Can Am Spyder RTS-SE
Attended: VBA National Rallies 2009, 2011, 2015; VBA/NCR Regional Rally 2010, 12, 14, 16 and several rides throughout with regional members.
VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-04-2011, 02:20 PM   #32

Location: 6th Floor up at the The Nervous Hospital up in East Central State, NC
NCR's Terror-Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by loafer
Hey guys, I have a sick, perverted and dry sense of humor. I'm only poking some fun in your direction. I have been in some serious storms, maybe not as bad as you describe yours. I actually am glad I wasn't in it with you. You are all OK, and that is great, I'm jealous that you have a great story to pass on. ;)
Next rally, we'll hook up so you'll have a story to tell. Now it's gonna be a trend of boredom for a while. You'll just have to tough it out until the spectacular flash in the pan! You see,,,,,,,,, I do things like get caught in a HORRIFIC THUNDERSTORM with two (2) five and a half foot lightning rods connected to the Nomad!...........With nair rain suit!

??-Mar.2,2012 "Rocky" My Beloved Dog RIP

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

"The shoes you buy at the Salvation Army is already been broke in"- Aunt Kawhead

Old 07-04-2011, 02:42 PM   #33

Location: 6th Floor up at the The Nervous Hospital up in East Central State, NC
NCR's Terror-Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwilson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawhead
The truly sad part was I was to "Macho" for rain gear and got a dam good soaking! Half through the ride back the rain would slack off at times and around the next turn would be another torrential down pour. My teeth chattered most of the way back.

When I got back to the camp site, I had to PEEL my blue jeans, boots and socks off!
I did have rain-gear either. By the time we could stop, it was too late to put it on. I would have had to cover soaked clothes by then. Just rode home with soaked jeans, a t-shirt, and a wind-breaker. It sucked.

Next time, I am stopping when there are clouds in the sky!!
I just happen to be with three well prepared smart people who did that very thing!

I had a wind breaker and a vest on as well. I learned what wind breakers a for. Breaking wind and not rain. They also after being soaked with rain, allow it to pas through and it STAYS! It puddles at the elbow and slaps in the wind! It also serve as a funnel strait to your pants, and as rain weeps through the fabric, it does this aggravating trickle down your back!

Had CoachA and possy not stayed at the camp site I would have had a nightmare story to tell! He zipped my camper closed for me and had to keep his from blowing two counties away! ::)

??-Mar.2,2012 "Rocky" My Beloved Dog RIP

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

"The shoes you buy at the Salvation Army is already been broke in"- Aunt Kawhead